Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

George Zimmerman Made Racist Remarks At Work (LISTEN)

Posted by on May. 18, 2012 at 7:12 PM
  • 72 Replies

George Zimmerman Made Racist Remarks At Work (LISTEN)

Trayvon Martin Case Evidence

Within a collection of evidence officially released by the State Attorney's Office on Thursday, was an audio recording of a 15-minute interview with George Zimmerman's former co-worker. During the interview, the man, whose name was not given, says that Zimmerman racially targeted him and bullied him at work, ThinkProgress.com reports.

According to the witness, Zimmerman singled him out because he was Middle Eastern, calling him a "fucking moron" and mocking him with the voice of "Achmed the terrorist." He said Zimmerman would also tell stories and make jokes about "bombing" and other "Middle Eastern stuff."

Editor's Note: Some readers may find the language in this audio offensive.

LISTEN: http://soundcloud.com/thinkprogress/george-zimmerman-witness-22

Zimmerman has been charged with shooting 17-year-old Trayvon Martin on the evening of Feb. 26 in a gated community in Sanford, Fla. Zimmerman, a neighborhood watch volunteer called 911 and told a police dispatcher that the teen, who was returning from a trip to a nearby convenience store, "looked suspicious." After an altercation, Zimmerman shot Martin in the chest, subsequently telling local police that he acted in self-defense.

In addition to the second-degree murder charge he's facing, Zimmerman could also face federal hate crime charges. If convicted of second-degree murder, Zimmerman could serve a maximum sentence of life in prison. However, if he is found guilty of a federal hate crime charge, he could face the death penalty.

The witness said that he never felt physically threatened by Zimmerman or had any violent interaction with him. He said that he complained to management about Zimmerman's behavior, and Zimmerman was eventually "fired for calling the HR hotline so many times."

Complaints about Zimmerman's behavior aren't new. In the past, his neighbors complained about his aggressive tactics as a neighborhood watchmen and public records show he was arrested in Orange County in 2005 on charges of resisting arrest with violence and battery on a law enforcement officer.

Since his arrest, Zimmerman has been released on bond. The case is expected to go to trial.

by on May. 18, 2012 at 7:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Radarma
by "OneDar" on May. 18, 2012 at 7:51 PM

Have you listened to this, in its entirety, op?

Radarma
by "OneDar" on May. 18, 2012 at 7:55 PM

Well, for all those who have been posting on this topic, this is a GREAT audio about one man's interactions with G. Zimmerman.

TONS of points-for-discussion here, I recommend you all listen to it.

It is long, run it in another tab while you multitask. lol

sweet-a-kins
by Emerald Member on May. 18, 2012 at 7:56 PM

Most of it

did you?

Sounds EXACTLY like he did with both cases....charmed the cops

Quoting Radarma:

Citygirlk
by Gold Member on May. 18, 2012 at 8:09 PM

what did it say i dont have time to listen right now.

Naturewoman4
by Platinum Member on May. 18, 2012 at 8:09 PM
2 moms liked this

can of wormsgoing crazyWow, I guess this topic will never be over.  So, since the trial isn't suppose to start till next yr., we're going to ALL be exhausted!!  lol...I hope we get a rest soon...

sweet-a-kins
by Emerald Member on May. 18, 2012 at 8:11 PM
1 mom liked this
You can get a rest anytime you choose

None of the posts are mandatory

Quoting Naturewoman4:

Wow, I guess this topic will never be over.  So, since the trial isn't suppose to start till next yr., we're going to ALL be exhausted!!  lol...I hope we get a rest soon...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sisteract
by Whoopie on May. 18, 2012 at 8:13 PM

Can't listen now- I'm watching A Cooper- it's about the Zimmerman case-

The GF heard TM  say "get off of me"-

Radarma
by "OneDar" on May. 18, 2012 at 8:16 PM

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

Most of it

did you?

Sounds EXACTLY like he did with both cases....charmed the cops

Quoting Radarma:

Of course I did...this is MY forte, lol.

Heading into crunchtime here tho...definitely wanna get back to this and dissect with you and others.

The interviewee was SO well spoken, and really showed a fine character analysis. I have a ton of thoughts on it, as you would expect.

In short, yes, GZ sure seems to be an insensitive, egotistical shmuck.

Jacqalyn
by Bronze Member on May. 18, 2012 at 8:18 PM
My phone what let me listen to it, could someone please fill me in
Naturewoman4
by Platinum Member on May. 18, 2012 at 8:19 PM

Yeah, well you all know me by now, I love a good fight...oops I mean debate....dumbbell

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

You can get a rest anytime you choose

None of the posts are mandatory

Quoting Naturewoman4:

Wow, I guess this topic will never be over.  So, since the trial isn't suppose to start till next yr., we're going to ALL be exhausted!!  lol...I hope we get a rest soon...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured