Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

I hope the President doesn't lose and it has nothing to do with his being black nor with his policies

Posted by   + Show Post

It would prove there are more racial bigots and racists than not; I may have to buy and carry a gun and I just don't want to be that kind of scared so that I wind up shooting an innocent white man because I thought he was following me intending me harm instead of wanting to tell me I had parked in his assigned parking space..

by on May. 19, 2012 at 3:53 AM
Replies (171-180):
comewhatmay1019
by Member on May. 20, 2012 at 9:20 AM
Racial divide happens when people choose ignorance over knowledge. It happens more frequently than most like to admit. But racism isn't just white against black. It's black against white, white against hispanic, and so on. I'm sorry, but I respectively disagree with some of your replies to this post. I have been raised in the South. My husband's family is black, he is white. I don't understand why there is still a divide. I have noticed, and I'll probably get slammed for this but oh well, black parties seem to make things more racist. I don't see color or eve think along those lines but I have read so much on here that is indicative that others do. I'm sick of the Zimmerman case because it shouldn't be about race at all...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lga1965
by on May. 20, 2012 at 10:21 AM

Quoting MaryChloe:

Quoting mommy.of.3.boys:

"I have solved this political dilemma in a very direct way: I don't vote. On Election Day, I stay home. I firmly believe that if you vote, you have no right to complain. Now, some people like to twist that around. They say, 'If you don't vote, you have no right to complain,' but where's the logic in that? If you vote, and you elect dishonest, incompetent politicians, and they get into office and screw everything up, you are responsible for what they have done. You voted them in. You caused the problem. You have no right to complain. I, on the other hand, who did not vote -- who did not even leave the house on Election Day -- am in no way responsible for that these politicians have done and have every right to complain about the mess that you created.

"Once you leave the womb, conservatives don't care about you until you reach military age. Then you’re just what they’re looking for. Conservatives want live babies so they can raise them to be dead soldiers."

"This country was founded by a group of slave owners who wanted to be. Am I right? A group of slave owners who wanted to be free! So they killed a lot of white English people in order to continue owning their black African people, so they could wipe out the rest of the red Indian people, in order to move west and steal the rest of the land from the brown Mexican people, giving them a place to take off and drop their nuclear weapons on the yellow Japanese people. You know what the motto for this country ought to be? 'You give us a color, we'll wipe it out.'

George Carlin R.I.P.

I think you are on to something here.  :-)   I will vote again as I did in 2008 and I'm not one of those complainers.

And I loved George Carlin. He is spot on about Conservatives. LOL. And the "colors".

I really like your post---big smile mini

Stephanie329
by Platinum Member on May. 20, 2012 at 10:58 AM
I always loved listening to George Carlin.
Quoting MaryChloe:

Quoting mommy.of.3.boys:

"I have solved this political dilemma in a very direct way: I don't vote. On Election Day, I stay home. I firmly believe that if you vote, you have no right to complain. Now, some people like to twist that around. They say, 'If you don't vote, you have no right to complain,' but where's the logic in that? If you vote, and you elect dishonest, incompetent politicians, and they get into office and screw everything up, you are responsible for what they have done. You voted them in. You caused the problem. You have no right to complain. I, on the other hand, who did not vote -- who did not even leave the house on Election Day -- am in no way responsible for that these politicians have done and have every right to complain about the mess that you created.

"Once you leave the womb, conservatives don't care about you until you reach military age. Then you’re just what they’re looking for. Conservatives want live babies so they can raise them to be dead soldiers."

"This country was founded by a group of slave owners who wanted to be. Am I right? A group of slave owners who wanted to be free! So they killed a lot of white English people in order to continue owning their black African people, so they could wipe out the rest of the red Indian people, in order to move west and steal the rest of the land from the brown Mexican people, giving them a place to take off and drop their nuclear weapons on the yellow Japanese people. You know what the motto for this country ought to be? 'You give us a color, we'll wipe it out.'

George Carlin R.I.P.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy.of.3.boys
by Bronze Member on May. 20, 2012 at 4:35 PM

Omg. I made a typo. SUE ME.

Quoting lga1965:

OK , mommy.of.3.boys.....when you discuss Obama losing the race....its not "Obama should LOOSE." It is LOSE.

Loose is the word you use when you describe something loose as in "A loose tooth".

Lose is when you lose a race. So, you need to be discussing Obama losing or if he loses the race. But I don't think he will LOSE....! :-)

Procrastination is like masturbation. It's all good until you realize you just fucked yourself.
mommy.of.3.boys
by Bronze Member on May. 20, 2012 at 4:47 PM

Now, as for your reply (condescending intent aside) Out of all, Obama IS the least of my worries. Thank GOD Newt and RP are "not in the race" anymore. Romney scares the holy HELL out of me. No matter if Obama gets re-elected or not, there is STILL going to be bigots and racists because NEITHER side can stop it, and let shit GO. Obama being re-elected POTUS for another term is NOT going to "magically" stop racism. In fact, if you look at another angle, it might just make things worse. Why? Because no matter how hard EVERYONE ELSE tries, you are going to have those few narrow-minded zealous idiots who cling to the "White is right" mindset. It's sad, but it's the truth. 

Quoting lga1965:

OK , mommy.of.3.boys.....when you discuss Obama losing the race....its not "Obama should LOOSE." It is LOSE.

Loose is the word you use when you describe something loose as in "A loose tooth".

Lose is when you lose a race. So, you need to be discussing Obama losing or if he loses the race. But I don't think he will LOSE....! :-)

Procrastination is like masturbation. It's all good until you realize you just fucked yourself.
lga1965
by on May. 20, 2012 at 4:51 PM

You might need to know the difference between those two words someday....just sayin'.

I always thank people when they correct my mistakes. big smile mini

Quoting mommy.of.3.boys:

Omg. I made a typo. SUE ME.

Quoting lga1965:

lga1965
by on May. 20, 2012 at 4:56 PM

Yes, you're right.

I still think he's going to win again. But I'm not worried.

And I also agree with you about Romney.

Quoting mommy.of.3.boys:

Now, as for your reply (condescending intent aside) Out of all, Obama IS the least of my worries. Thank GOD Newt and RP are "not in the race" anymore. Romney scares the holy HELL out of me. No matter if Obama gets re-elected or not, there is STILL going to be bigots and racists because NEITHER side can stop it, and let shit GO. Obama being re-elected POTUS for another term is NOT going to "magically" stop racism. In fact, if you look at another angle, it might just make things worse. Why? Because no matter how hard EVERYONE ELSE tries, you are going to have those few narrow-minded zealous idiots who cling to the "White is right" mindset. It's sad, but it's the truth. 

Quoting lga1965:

Redwall
by Silver Member on May. 20, 2012 at 7:23 PM

So, why don't you want Obama to lose?  I'm confused.

mommy.of.3.boys
by Bronze Member on May. 20, 2012 at 8:01 PM

Honestly, so do I. The majority of Americans just Can't be THAT stupid to elect Romney in. Well, one can hope anyway.

And fyi, I DO know the difference. Thanks.

Quoting lga1965:

Yes, you're right.

I still think he's going to win again. But I'm not worried.

And I also agree with you about Romney.

Quoting mommy.of.3.boys:

Quoting lga1965:

Euphoric
by Bazinga! on May. 20, 2012 at 8:07 PM

drinking 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN