Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

I Never Wanted to Be a Mother --from the Stir

Posted by   + Show Post

Ilina Ewen isn't a mom who pulls punches. This "left-leaning" mother of two lets it all out over on her blog Dirt & Noise, and we love her all the more for it.

She's helping us celebrate Mother's Day the way she always does: with no-holds-barred truth about how she came to be a mom.

I never wanted to be a mother.

http://thestir.cafemom.com/big_kid/136369/i_never_wanted_to_be?ct=beta_topnav_dropdown

Did you always want to be a mom?

by on May. 20, 2012 at 2:10 AM
Replies (71-80):
Debmomto2girls
by Platinum Member on May. 20, 2012 at 9:33 PM
2 moms liked this

I always wanted to be a mom. I never thought I wouldn't be a mom.

Sweet_Carol_126
by on May. 20, 2012 at 9:39 PM

Yes, I always wanted to be a mother and my children were planned though I wanted the 2nd one a bit sooner than I had him.  I love them and we were even friends as they grew up, but they knew it had to be my way.  My way was a loving one and forgiving one.  I talked to them and have them some choices.  I probably punished them at times as I wouldn't now.  but then once I was stricct then I didn't have to be strict and we could enjoly being with one another.  The kids and I are still close even though we live a long distance rom one another.

LindaClement
by Thatwoman on May. 20, 2012 at 9:48 PM

Sounds wonderful.

I also had mine a little closer together than planned. Not only are we great friends, but they are also great friends, which is lovely!

Quoting Sweet_Carol_126:

Yes, I always wanted to be a mother and my children were planned though I wanted the 2nd one a bit sooner than I had him.  I love them and we were even friends as they grew up, but they knew it had to be my way.  My way was a loving one and forgiving one.  I talked to them and have them some choices.  I probably punished them at times as I wouldn't now.  but then once I was stricct then I didn't have to be strict and we could enjoly being with one another.  The kids and I are still close even though we live a long distance rom one another.

LadyStork
by on May. 20, 2012 at 9:58 PM

I never wanted kids. I hated them, they were all brats. That changed as I got older though, and when I was in my early 20's I wanted children. I was told at 22 that I would never concieve, and BAM! Got pregnant at 24 with DD and again at 27 with DS! Couldn't imagine life without them :)

I wear this ribbon for DH (Hodgkins Lymphoma) MIL (fibromyalgia) and my late mom 3/27/1953 - 5/24/2009 (Lupus)

I wear this ribbon for my daughter (Hypothalamic Hamartoma and Astrocytoma, both brain tumors)

I wear this ribbon in memory of my sister, who lost her life to suicide. 8/31/80 - 2/27/2012

WesAndNicksMom
by on May. 20, 2012 at 10:09 PM
I never wanted children or marriage but they came anyway and I love them :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LindaClement
by Thatwoman on May. 20, 2012 at 10:11 PM

That's cool.

Quoting WesAndNicksMom:

I never wanted children or marriage but they came anyway and I love them :)

LindaClement
by Thatwoman on May. 20, 2012 at 10:12 PM

Quite a BAM!

I've known far too many people who were told they could never conceive who ended up with kids anyhow... turns out the people doing the telling are often making it up.

Quoting LadyStork:

I never wanted kids. I hated them, they were all brats. That changed as I got older though, and when I was in my early 20's I wanted children. I was told at 22 that I would never concieve, and BAM! Got pregnant at 24 with DD and again at 27 with DS! Couldn't imagine life without them :)

vinalex0581
by Member on May. 20, 2012 at 10:19 PM

i never wanted to be a mom. hell i always told my mom that i would never have kids because they cost to much and they smell bad. lol!!

now i'm on my second child. 

my son will be 7 in 4 days. 

so i had him when i was (i'm 30 now) 23, so up until i was 23ish i didn't want kids. but as soon as i found out i was pregnant, after fainting and then crying and about 3 months being pregnant, i finally forced myself to prepare myself to be a mom and then when i saw my son for the first time getting an ultrasound done, i fell in love with him.

wow! i hope this makes sense. bottom line is: i told myself i would never have kids and now i'm pregnant with my second son. 

=D

EireLass
by Ruby Member on May. 20, 2012 at 10:24 PM

When I was about 15, I knew I wanted to be a Mom. (no, I wasn't a teen mother. I got pregnant in my 20's, after marriage).

LindaClement
by Thatwoman on May. 20, 2012 at 10:30 PM

That happens to lots of women...

I've noticed that (particularly diapers) other people's kids do smell bad!

Quoting vinalex0581:

i never wanted to be a mom. hell i always told my mom that i would never have kids because they cost to much and they smell bad. lol!!

now i'm on my second child. 

my son will be 7 in 4 days. 

so i had him when i was (i'm 30 now) 23, so up until i was 23ish i didn't want kids. but as soon as i found out i was pregnant, after fainting and then crying and about 3 months being pregnant, i finally forced myself to prepare myself to be a mom and then when i saw my son for the first time getting an ultrasound done, i fell in love with him.

wow! i hope this makes sense. bottom line is: i told myself i would never have kids and now i'm pregnant with my second son. 

=D

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN