Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Teaching my daughter how to go to Hell (a bit wordy).

Posted by   + Show Post

Last night my daughter, myself and her best friend where at the Torchlight Parade in downtown Spokane.

Several couples where walking around wearing t-shirts that read: 'Marriage = One Man and One Woman'.  They were asking people to sign a petition towards that effect.  Same sex marriages are due to be recognized in this State on June 7, 2012.

A couple came up to me, asking me if I wanted to sign.  I simply said no. The woman asked me why.  I told her I believe in every one having the same rights as the next.  She looked at me like I had two heads.

The man asked me if I am a Christian.  I answered yes.  He told me I must be mistaken.  My daughter took my hand at that moment.

I said nothing.  I was waiting for them to move on to the next.  They didn't. He proceeded to begin to tell me where I went wrong. I was polite and told him he need not preach to me.  That I am indeed aware of how right I am, with my conscience and with God.  

He looked at my daughter and her friend.  Turned to me and told me I was setting a bad example for them, that I was teaching them how to go to Hell by going against what is right and what God demands.

I stood up and was about to speak when my 12 year old daughter told him and the woman that they might want to go else where because her mother is the best Christian she knows and has taught her how to love God, respect others and be proud of who people are.  And how not to discriminate against who people are.  He told my daughter if she thought people who are gay are normal and not going to Hell she needed to be taught by a real Christian.

She started crying then and I got right in his face, nose to nose, and told him if he did not move on  he would find out just how strong my relationship with God is.

Now, you tell me, is that how God wants you (general you) to act towards others?  Seems to me they should be the ones who are ashamed and need to be taught right from wrong.

"A bird doesn't sing because it has an answer, it sings because it has a song." ~ Maya Angelou

by on May. 20, 2012 at 11:41 AM
Replies (181-181):
libby261
by on May. 23, 2012 at 6:17 PM

Because these assholes think that they're "more" christian than everybody else.  

Quoting Shortiekt:

That's sad. It's really sad and pathetic for an adult to act in such a manner... especially in the presence of a child.

How dare he question your Christianity? How dare he speak to you in such a disrespectful tone?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)