Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Please sign the WH petition to Reschedule Cannabis

Posted by on May. 20, 2012 at 5:46 PM
  • 10 Replies

In the United States, all preparations of the Cannabis plant are currently listed under Schedule I of the controlled substances act. This definition is reserved for drugs which have "no currently accepted medical use". Furthermore, cannabis' toxicity is virtually non-existent compared to that of heroin or cocaine, cannabis lacks the high abuse potential required for inclusion in Schedule I or II. Currently, 16 states and Washington D.C. have legalized the use of medical marijuana, and hemp products are sold widely in the U.S. today. The problem with leaving this up to the states is that some citizens may never be given the freedom. Cannabis could be rescheduled either legislatively, through Congress, or through the executive branch. We the people are asking for your help.

LINK

The is a petition to the WH requesting our govt remove Marijuana from a Schedule 1 drug-meaning no medical use, high risk of abuse. Other drugs included as Schedule 1 are Heroin, LSD and Peyote. Marijuana is nowhere near as damaging as these drugs nor does it have the potential for abuse that heroin has.

Schedule 2 drugs include opiates, cocaine and methamphetamine which all do have medical uses but are far more dangerous and abuse causing than marijuana.

If marijuana were rescheduled the Feds would have to leave medical mj states, patients and caregivers alone. Then people like me could use our preferred meds w/o concern of Federal punishment.

I and the many other people who use this plant for medicine over the more dangerous and addictive alternatives would sincerely appreciate your help on this issue.

H.R.H. Friday of MaryJane

by on May. 20, 2012 at 5:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Citygirlk
by Gold Member on May. 20, 2012 at 5:50 PM
2 moms liked this
I signed it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Friday
by HRH of MJ on May. 20, 2012 at 5:54 PM

Quoting Citygirlk:

I signed it.

Thank you. I don't expect much from Obama at this point, he's laughed us off too many times but we have to keep making noise so the govt realizes we won't just go away if they ignore us.

paganbaby
by Teflon Don on May. 20, 2012 at 5:56 PM
1 mom liked this

Can do.

mrsevewat1
by Member on May. 20, 2012 at 6:09 PM
1 mom liked this
Trying to sign it...lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jillian86
by New Member on May. 20, 2012 at 11:49 PM
1 mom liked this

Signed. It's stupid for me to pay to keep marijuana illegal when the prohibition makes my children LESS safe.  If the prohibition worked there'd be no marijuana left in this country by now, but it doesn't work - there's TONS of marijuana here. We gain NOTHING for all the arrests and all the $Billions we spend on the prohibition and all the misery it causes!!

We've known since the alcohol prohibition that massive, unrelenting demand and zero legal supply were a recipe for disaster. Since our stores aren't allowed to meet the unrelenting demand for marijuana, illegal suppliers enter the market looking to get rich quick from satisfying this demand. These illegal suppliers make more than $10 Billion a year selling marijuana in the U.S. and murder, mutilate and dismember in order to protect their profits and market shares.

Unfortunately, their violence isn't restricted to just other illegal suppliers - they also brutally murder police officers, journalists, lawyers, parents and children of all ages. In the past 6 years more than 50,000 people have been murdered as a consequence of us keeping marijuana illegal.

This violence will never end until our stores are allowed to sell legally-grown marijuana to adults at prices low enough to prevent illegal competition. Drug Dealers Don't Card - Supermarkets Do!

We can't end this bloodshed if we don't talk to our legislators.

Friday
by HRH of MJ on May. 21, 2012 at 12:23 AM

Quoting Jillian86:

Signed. It's stupid for me to pay to keep marijuana illegal when the prohibition makes my children LESS safe.  If the prohibition worked there'd be no marijuana left in this country by now, but it doesn't work - there's TONS of marijuana here. We gain NOTHING for all the arrests and all the $Billions we spend on the prohibition and all the misery it causes!!

We've known since the alcohol prohibition that massive, unrelenting demand and zero legal supply were a recipe for disaster. Since our stores aren't allowed to meet the unrelenting demand for marijuana, illegal suppliers enter the market looking to get rich quick from satisfying this demand. These illegal suppliers make more than $10 Billion a year selling marijuana in the U.S. and murder, mutilate and dismember in order to protect their profits and market shares.

Unfortunately, their violence isn't restricted to just other illegal suppliers - they also brutally murder police officers, journalists, lawyers, parents and children of all ages. In the past 6 years more than 50,000 people have been murdered as a consequence of us keeping marijuana illegal.

This violence will never end until our stores are allowed to sell legally-grown marijuana to adults at prices low enough to prevent illegal competition. Drug Dealers Don't Card - Supermarkets Do!

We can't end this bloodshed if we don't talk to our legislators.

bow down

AdrianneHill
by Platinum Member on May. 21, 2012 at 10:35 PM
1 mom liked this
I'll sign it. I don't know about the efficacy of internet petitions but I'll sign it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tiffyhamm
by Silver Member on May. 21, 2012 at 10:39 PM
1 mom liked this
Signed.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Friday
by HRH of MJ on May. 21, 2012 at 11:15 PM

Quoting AdrianneHill:

I'll sign it. I don't know about the efficacy of internet petitions but I'll sign it.

Thank you. I'm not sure either but it's on the WH site and I figure whatever noise we can make is something.

taniamorse85
by Bronze Member on May. 23, 2012 at 3:45 AM

Gladly.  Personally, I'm against the existence of Schedule I.  At one time or another, virtually every substance in it has had a medical use.  Marijuana, in particular, has improved the lives of many.  Also, some drugs, including marijuana, were originally put into Schedule I for racist reasons, not scientific ones.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured