Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

"What the Trayvon Evidence Doesn't Show"....

Posted by   + Show Post

But Analysts say the evidence released so far, contains little information to support the Prosecutor's contention that Z acted with a "Depraved Mind" when he shot Trayvon- A Standard the Prosecution MUST MEET if the murder charge IS to stand. 

The case MUST BE DISMISSED IF the evidence shows it is MORE likely than NOT that the person was acting in SELF-DEFENSE.  - A lower Standard of evidence than the one Prosecutors must meet to get a conviction.  EVEN IF Z conduct sparked the confrontation, he COULD STILL be protected under SYG IF HE did NOT strike the 1st blow.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/05/19/2806555/evidence-against-zimmerman-lacking.html

by on May. 21, 2012 at 1:00 AM
Replies (91-100):
MyJaidon
by on May. 21, 2012 at 9:14 PM
Yaaaayyyy!!! I'm excited for you. Keep us posted!!!

Quoting mommajen32:

Quoting MyJaidon:

So urrrrrrrum....do we know the bay bays gender yet?

We find out FRIDAY!!!!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Numom61507
by Member on May. 21, 2012 at 9:17 PM
1 mom liked this

No no. I didn't take it like that :) I was just stating where I stood.. I do agree that it seems like they side with Z yet claim they are waiting for more evidence. What exactly are they waiting for that will make him 'guilty' in their eyes?

Quoting charleyd68:

I definitely hear that. I may have encompassed too much! I am talking about the ones who while defending him,cite more info needed. And to go further, the new info,is lies and or manipulations! Sorry,lol!

Quoting Numom61507:

I don't defend him at all. I think he should do time for what he did. I just don't think he will get convicted. Lately, I have been having severe doubts about justice and our legal system..

Quoting charleyd68:

YEP! It's odd, everyone that has defended Zimmerman, has cited their wait for more! But minds seem made up to me,and evidently others!  JS.

Quoting Numom61507:

She can 'justify' it in her head and on paper all she wants, but it seems like her mind is already made up..

Quoting charleyd68:

YEP!

Quoting Numom61507:

So basically you think he should walk no matter what?

mommajen32
by Platinum Member on May. 21, 2012 at 9:21 PM

Quoting MyJaidon:

Yaaaayyyy!!! I'm excited for you. Keep us posted!!!

Will do, I get the uber-ultrasound b/c I'm an old lady :)

charleyd68
by Platinum Member on May. 21, 2012 at 9:23 PM

Nada! LOL

Quoting Numom61507:

No no. I didn't take it like that :) I was just stating where I stood.. I do agree that it seems like they side with Z yet claim they are waiting for more evidence. What exactly are they waiting for that will make him 'guilty' in their eyes?

Quoting charleyd68:

I definitely hear that. I may have encompassed too much! I am talking about the ones who while defending him,cite more info needed. And to go further, the new info,is lies and or manipulations! Sorry,lol!

Quoting Numom61507:

I don't defend him at all. I think he should do time for what he did. I just don't think he will get convicted. Lately, I have been having severe doubts about justice and our legal system..

Quoting charleyd68:

YEP! It's odd, everyone that has defended Zimmerman, has cited their wait for more! But minds seem made up to me,and evidently others!  JS.

Quoting Numom61507:

She can 'justify' it in her head and on paper all she wants, but it seems like her mind is already made up..

Quoting charleyd68:

YEP!

Quoting Numom61507:

In my Opininon No Disrespect

Naturewoman4
by Platinum Member on May. 21, 2012 at 9:45 PM

If my mind leans toward Z's innocence, it's mainly on the facts/evidence, eye witnesses, injury report for which WE ALL have already have received in this case.  To me, there's NO evidence towards Z's guilt as to the charges that he is charged with. Honestly, I have heard so much here about Z's guilt, & people's opinions & what THEY think happen.  (aka speculation)...and maybe, it might prove true (IF the State has evidence we don't know about)...But, meanwhile this is where I stand.  The only way I'd probably would give up my stance, would be if there's evidence that Z DID pull out his gun on T.  Then, T was defending himself.  Then I would be on T's side.  I just haven't heard/read any proof yet to that. Because, with the new evidence saying that gun was fired anywhere from 1" to 18" inches, that  means close range to me.  Which, goes along with what Z said. So, I feel, I have to be on the side of Z.

Quoting Numom61507:

Sorry, Mama.. It just seems like you might be waiting for all the evidence, but your mind is already made up.

Quoting Naturewoman4:

I believe Z should walk IF the evidence & facts shows that. I also believe he SHOULD be convicted if the State has their own STRONG & RELIABLE evidence & facts. I just want the TRUTH.

Quoting Numom61507:

FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on May. 21, 2012 at 9:48 PM

Those who claim they will wait until all the evidence are in have made it pretty clear they lack in patience.

Numom61507
by Member on May. 21, 2012 at 9:52 PM

So as long as Trayvon made the first move to fight, Z is innocent? Am I understanding you correctly? So who the hell do you think shot Trayvon? Some bystander who just started shooting? That's ridiculous!

Quoting Naturewoman4:

If my mind leans toward Z's innocence, it's mainly on the facts/evidence, eye witnesses, injury report for which WE ALL have already have received in this case.  To me, there's NO evidence towards Z's guilt as to the charges that he is charged with. Honestly, I have heard so much here about Z's guilt, & people's opinions & what THEY think happen.  (aka speculation)...and maybe, it might prove true (IF the State has evidence we don't know about)...But, meanwhile this is where I stand.  The only way I'd probably would give up my stance, would be if there's evidence that Z DID pull out his gun on T.  Then, T was defending himself.  Then I would be on T's side.  I just haven't heard/read any proof yet to that. Because, with the new evidence saying that gun was fired anywhere from 1" to 18" inches, that  means close range to me.  Which, goes along with what Z said. So, I feel, I have to be on the side of Z.

Quoting Numom61507:

Sorry, Mama.. It just seems like you might be waiting for all the evidence, but your mind is already made up.

Quoting Naturewoman4:

I believe Z should walk IF the evidence & facts shows that. I also believe he SHOULD be convicted if the State has their own STRONG & RELIABLE evidence & facts. I just want the TRUTH.

Quoting Numom61507:

terpmama
by Silver Member on May. 21, 2012 at 9:56 PM
1 mom liked this
Isn't self defense an "affirmative defense"? Meaning the defense has burden of proof that it was indeed self defense?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sisteract
by Whoopie on May. 21, 2012 at 10:52 PM

Quoting terpmama:

Isn't self defense an "affirmative defense"? Meaning the defense has burden of proof that it was indeed self defense?

Zimmerman will have to stand and testify before a judge on that one- He has already made contradictions in his statements. I doubt that O'mara will go this route.

Avitar
by Member on May. 22, 2012 at 5:51 PM
Zipperhead would in danger on the streets more so than jail. Yu know he dun f*cked up na' Lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)