Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

"What the Trayvon Evidence Doesn't Show"....

Posted by   + Show Post

But Analysts say the evidence released so far, contains little information to support the Prosecutor's contention that Z acted with a "Depraved Mind" when he shot Trayvon- A Standard the Prosecution MUST MEET if the murder charge IS to stand. 

The case MUST BE DISMISSED IF the evidence shows it is MORE likely than NOT that the person was acting in SELF-DEFENSE.  - A lower Standard of evidence than the one Prosecutors must meet to get a conviction.  EVEN IF Z conduct sparked the confrontation, he COULD STILL be protected under SYG IF HE did NOT strike the 1st blow.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/05/19/2806555/evidence-against-zimmerman-lacking.html

by on May. 21, 2012 at 1:00 AM
Replies (21-30):
Tea4Tas
by on May. 21, 2012 at 6:51 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting MyJaidon:

The DA should have known better. Yea maybe some average Joe that doesnt really know the law would hear Murder and fold and take the plea. I am pretty sure Zimmerman's father got him a good defense team and they would advise him to take this charge to trial because he sadly has a good chance of winning based on what I have seen.

Quoting Tea4Tas:

Quoting MyJaidon:

That bothers me too. He will likely walk on Murder 2 because the prosecution has to prove it was premeditated.

Quoting Carpy:

I would have to see more than they have shown for a second degree conviction.  It angers me they did not charge manslaughter.  From a legal standpoint, my opinion is he should walk on that. (unless they show enough that I have not seen)  I would also convict him all day long on manslaughter. 

WHEN you get the talking heads and the media involved and hold marches and sit ins and demonstrations, it's MORE likely the prosecuter will over-reach ..which is EXACTLY what I think happened in this case..they might have had a good chance of getting a manslaughter charge to stick..it will be more difficult to get the 2nd degree murder charge to  stick-there is a pretty high burden of proof for the prosecuter to make.

But I suspect that the prosecuter did over reach so as not to be slaughtered publically and in the press. Or maybe it was just ambition.

I think, that unless they can prove he physically assaulted Trayvon FIRST (and I haven't seen or heard anyone say that happened) that they are going to have a hell of a time convicting him.  People go on and on about targeting and stalking-but the reality is both men had a right to be there-and the entire "stalking" part lasted about 3 minutes...IF htings had gone differently and Zimmerman  had been knocked out by Trayvon, Trayvon would be sitting in jail right now.

NutHouseMomma
by Silver Member on May. 21, 2012 at 6:57 AM
1 mom liked this
I agree with this. Had they brought a manslaughter charge to the table, that would not go over well with the very people shouting "justice for trayvon." It was a loss either way.

Quoting Tea4Tas:

Quoting MyJaidon:

That bothers me too. He will likely walk on Murder 2 because the prosecution has to prove it was premeditated.

Quoting Carpy:

I would have to see more than they have shown for a second degree conviction.  It angers me they did not charge manslaughter.  From a legal standpoint, my opinion is he should walk on that. (unless they show enough that I have not seen)  I would also convict him all day long on manslaughter. 

WHEN you get the talking heads and the media involved and hold marches and sit ins and demonstrations, it's MORE likely the prosecuter will over-reach ..which is EXACTLY what I think happened in this case..they might have had a good chance of getting a manslaughter charge to stick..it will be more difficult to get the 2nd degree murder charge to  stick-there is a pretty high burden of proof for the prosecuter to make.

But I suspect that the prosecuter did over reach so as not to be slaughtered publically and in the press. Or maybe it was just ambition.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lizmarie1975
by Gold Member on May. 21, 2012 at 6:57 AM

Oh my goodness. Are you this rabid in defending all people? Or is it just Zimmerman who has won your heart?

JoshRachelsMAMA
by JRM on May. 21, 2012 at 7:01 AM
You do realize this violates TOS?

Quoting shannonnigans:

From the OP's greatest hits collection

You attack me all you want, because it's YOU that looks bad in SOME other ppls. minds..just like a few others on here..So, you want to 'attack' ok, let's have at it. I don't care one way or another..I'm tired of being attacked in every possible way, yet I took it & took from all of you. Since, last yr. No longer will I take that...So, you want a war, ok...I'm ready...Like I said, there was a post a few days ago, before I posted & called that gf of T's a liar & a loser. I was very upset by people that continously talk down white people. What are we suppose to just be quite while being attacked???

How's that going for you?  Are you taking it to the blacks and race-traitors yet? 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Wife2AGeek
by on May. 21, 2012 at 7:29 AM

Quoting Naturewoman4:

But Analysts say the evidence released so far, contains little information to support the Prosecutor's contention that Z acted with a "Depraved Mind" when he shot Trayvon- A Standard the Prosecution MUST MEET if the murder charge IS to stand. 

The case MUST BE DISMISSED IF the evidence shows it is MORE likely than NOT that the person was acting in SELF-DEFENSE.  - A lower Standard of evidence than the one Prosecutors must meet to get a conviction.  EVEN IF Z conduct sparked the confrontation, he COULD STILL be protected under SYG IF HE did NOT strike the 1st blow.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/05/19/2806555/evidence-against-zimmerman-lacking.html

Most of us, regardless of the side you are on, know this.  It's must a matter of waiting and seeing what the state has for sure and how this plays out.  For being so non partial and objective, I would think you wouldn't want this playing out in the media, Nature.  I sure as hell don't.  

GOBryan
by Silver Member on May. 21, 2012 at 7:32 AM

From what I've heard so far, it'll be hard to prove for the Prosecutor. My understanding is that the 911 operator suggested he not follow Martin, which either ways, is not a crime. But that Zimmerman walked back to his vehicle at that time. The focus will likely be on the comfrontation itself and who threw the first punch.  The parents may be able to win a civil case against Zimmerman based on the fact that he followed but with one man standing and possibly based on witness account, he could very likely win the self-defense case. They need to determine how far Martin was from Zimmerman when he was shot. If it's very close range, it can prove Zimmerman's case. If it's from a distance, I think they said 4 feet or more, then it can prove the Prosecution's case. That's what I heard on the news.

I'm curious to see all the evidence and the conclusion. Should be interesting since the Casey case is over which I would have never expected to end the way it did but that's what happens when the prosecution becomes over-zeolous with their choice of conviction. If the Prosecution would have used a lesser charge, they may have been able to convict her. I think they are pretty much doing the same with Zimmerman. 

tiffyhamm
by Silver Member on May. 21, 2012 at 7:36 AM
Do they have lesser charges included? I think that maybe they are using his (Z's) own words and actions against him. They know from the recording that he states martin was running, he is heard saying, "they always get away", he got out of his car with a gun. maybe they are going to argue that he was determined not to let another one "get away"? Also, there could be more evidence out there that we aren't aware of.

Quoting MyJaidon:

Quoting Carpy:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MyJaidon
by on May. 21, 2012 at 7:40 AM
1 mom liked this
I haven't heard of any lesser charges but I do hope so. I personally hope Zimmerman goes to prison for the rest of his arrogant ass life, but the law may not agree with me. I hope they have more evidence that will possibly validate the Murder 2 charge.

Quoting tiffyhamm:

Do they have lesser charges included? I think that maybe they are using his (Z's) own words and actions against him. They know from the recording that he states martin was running, he is heard saying, "they always get away", he got out of his car with a gun. maybe they are going to argue that he was determined not to let another one "get away"? Also, there could be more evidence out there that we aren't aware of.

Quoting MyJaidon:

Quoting Carpy:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
katy_kay08
by on May. 21, 2012 at 7:44 AM
4 moms liked this

There are sure a lot of people that would like to see the death of this young man swept away without due process. Very odd that so many appear to have very little compassion for a teenage either being stalked by an adult man. Situation reversed and all of these people would be posting about the "thugs" roaming the streets. Oh wait the same people are complaining about it...only it's the victim they blame.

I'm of the mind that cases should be tried in a court of law, as one thing that is clear, the court of public opinion is flawed beyond recognition.

tiffyhamm
by Silver Member on May. 21, 2012 at 7:45 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm with you. I hope the prosecution has a solid enough case to support their charge.

Quoting MyJaidon:

I haven't heard of any lesser charges but I do hope so. I personally hope Zimmerman goes to prison for the rest of his arrogant ass life, but the law may not agree with me. I hope they have more evidence that will possibly validate the Murder 2 charge.

Quoting tiffyhamm:

Quoting MyJaidon:

Quoting Carpy:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)