Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics
You know what sucks?

Everyone is entitled to an opinion after they analyze, interpret, and form their own opinions. Arguing with others about their opinions on SSM, Religion, Politics, News, even Animals I mean you're literally going to get 20 notifications within a minute of someone who doesn't agree with you but shows it in an arrogant way. It's nice to express opinions but a lot of moms on here really go too far.

I don't have any kids yet, I'm pregnant with my first, I'm a stay at home wife, and I don't even find the time to keep arguing with people on here, lol, and they have kids!!! I tell my husband, "Can u believe on CM..." and right away he say I don't care get off those stupid sites lol. I was in a heated debate last night and he comes home, unplugs the pc and steals my iPhone so I can't keep going lol.

Anyways, I know it's public forums, freedom to say what you want, but I think some or a lot of ladies act like they're looking for blood lol. Remember everyone has an opinion, they're entitled to it and if you don't like it, it's better to just ask them, be nice about it not look like bitch of the year with name calling like a child. You won't change anyone's mind. You're beating a dead horse.

Yay! My first vent!! Lol ok ladies thx for reading.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 22, 2012 at 8:31 AM
Replies (121-130):
motherslove82
by Silver Member on May. 22, 2012 at 12:58 PM
Did he unplug the computer and take your phone away? If you are happy, that's all that matters. I just see warning signs and it concerned me for you.

Quoting Mommy2BeAmy:

I don't look at it that way. He was fine with CM at first but it became a problem when it cost us business. Then when he gets home his wife still on CM. he just called said Amy find something useful get off CM I'm like how u know?! Lol

It's not controlling but he KNOWS there's arguments and confrontations on here and feels being pregnant its no good for the baby.

He's not a control freak though, trust me it wouldn't work I'm a free spirit he just really has a thing with me and CM. anyways we've been together 5 yrs married 3 and I'm 20 he 24

Quoting motherslove82:

How old are you? I'm wondering because you seem to find it perfectly reasonable for someone to give you orders and boss you around. It is not his right to remove privileges from you because you did not obey him. He can suggest, he can ask you, he even has a right to be angry if you don't do what he says. He should not have the right to take your toys away because you did not do what he said. It's controlling and if I were you, I would put a stop to it now.

Quoting Mommy2BeAmy:

Oh I see.

If I go sit at our store with him, I'm on CM lol. I posted about someone I know abusing their child, I was still very new and didn't make it anonymous and I said she's a customer at my store. My profile wasn't private and next day CPS greeted my hubby when he opened the store saying we got an email from someone on CM were looking for Amy to talk 2 her. I said how u found me she said ur the only smoke shop in haverstraw, ny the mom wrote that when she was sending us ur post. That girl lost her kids she harassed our store, broke our window, she harassed my family really my husband was do upset he said stay off these sites it's getting personal now.

So he told me first AMY GET OFF CM I said wait and about 3 mins later he took the phone turned it off. Lol

I understand why after what happened he knows I'm on it all day so on...he handled it right. I think

Quoting motherslove82:

I get that he wants your undivided attention. I hope he gets that that is going to end when the baby gets here. What I have a problem with is him unplugging the computer and taking away your phone like you are 12. Couldn't he just say "Honey, do you mind getting off the computer and spending some time with me?". If you decide to stay on the computer anyway, it should be your choice. He is not your parent and this is not normal, healthy behavior from one spouse to another.
Quoting Mommy2BeAmy:

Oh sorry my husband wants my undivided attention when he comes home from work all day he doesn't just do his thing and let me do mine yikes how fatherly.

Quoting motherslove82:

You have bigger problems than CM arguments, like why your husband thinks he's your father.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommy2BeAmy
by Silver Member on May. 22, 2012 at 12:59 PM
"has tried to defend it" lady it's MY MARRIAGE MY RELATION BACK OFF if I have a problem I'll take care of it. Omg u really r taking this too damn seriously!!

I take his ps3 controller away and sent his ps3 to his little brother last week pls please im begging u CALL ME CONTROLLING tell me I have a problem tell me it's not a happy marriage since u an outsider doesn't even know a thing about us is so QUALIFIED to pass a judgement pls I'm waiting waste my time with ur rediculous comments.

Quoting motherslove82:

This whole site is supposed to be about giving advice. That was my advice based on what she said. You probably took it as a joke because it sounded so ridiculous, but she has said several times that it really did happen and has tried to defend it.

Quoting punky3175:

It's not your marriage.  Why worry about it?  It's not your place to tell her what's healthy in her marriage and what's not.  When I read the post, I took it as more of a joke - not that it was literally how her marriage was.  We don't know what was said or done up til that point or how exactly it was done (if it was.) 

Quoting motherslove82:

I get that he wants your undivided attention. I hope he gets that that is going to end when the baby gets here. What I have a problem with is him unplugging the computer and taking away your phone like you are 12. Couldn't he just say "Honey, do you mind getting off the computer and spending some time with me?". If you decide to stay on the computer anyway, it should be your choice. He is not your parent and this is not normal, healthy behavior from one spouse to another.

Quoting Mommy2BeAmy:

Oh sorry my husband wants my undivided attention when he comes home from work all day he doesn't just do his thing and let me do mine yikes how fatherly.

Quoting motherslove82:

You have bigger problems than CM arguments, like why your husband thinks he's your father.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
punky3175
by Punky on May. 22, 2012 at 1:01 PM

Actually, no this whole site isn't about giving advice.  This particular group is about discussing Current Events and Hot Topics.  She didn't start this post with a "help - my husband is controlling me." What she stated was a simple fact of her married life.  She wasn't asking for advice on whether it was right, wrong or indifferent. She wasn't asking for any kind of input actually.  There are plenty of marriages where the wives have no problems with their husbands being the head of the household or even being their "master."  Would you want someone telling you how your marriage should be?  And I took it as a "hey - if it works for them, so be it."  If you don't want your husband telling you what to do, then great.  She doesn't have the same life as you.

Quoting motherslove82:

This whole site is supposed to be about giving advice. That was my advice based on what she said. You probably took it as a joke because it sounded so ridiculous, but she has said several times that it really did happen and has tried to defend it.

Quoting punky3175:

It's not your marriage.  Why worry about it?  It's not your place to tell her what's healthy in her marriage and what's not.  When I read the post, I took it as more of a joke - not that it was literally how her marriage was.  We don't know what was said or done up til that point or how exactly it was done (if it was.) 

Quoting motherslove82:

Quoting Mommy2BeAmy:

Quoting motherslove82:

punky3175
by Punky on May. 22, 2012 at 1:04 PM
1 mom liked this

This type of response would be why you get  the responses you do: name calling etc.  You come off very aggressive and people don't react well to that.  They then resort to mirroring your tactics. Or ignoring you completely.

Quoting Mommy2BeAmy:

Oooooh really? I'm sure you would know I remember you've been staring over my shoulder watching my every move to know or you're a psychic or you took the time and read EVER ARTICLE and watched EVERY NEWS CHANNEL which is just amazing you deserve a round of applause really good for u u know ur stuff!! Woow! U need a good star! Lol

Well it's 1 of the 3 which is it? Lol

Quoting MomofNikki2010:

Actually the news and articles all over do have this information. You have done no research. That much is very clear.

Quoting Mommy2BeAmy:

The news nor where I saw the info gave his title that's why I said maybe police officer I just assumed he was. Plus neighborhood watch good he caught someone acting suspiciously. Really relax ur going too far u failed to interpret I said MAYBE police officer relaaaaaaaax

Quoting Melh420:

Quoting Mommy2BeAmy:

Idk what it is but when I respond I do my research first maybe the read differently or only read what they want to read its really unfortunate like I feel fine we can debate it but don't lower yourself to name calling these are just opinions. I totally agree with u

Quoting sqrocket:

Usually when people start name calling or start accusing me of things ("You have this problem..."), I just assume I won. If that is all they have to fall back on, they didn't do their research and they lack the creativity and desire to support what they said.

You should probably work on that researching part because you are not that good at it!!  Zimmerman was in no way shape or form a police officer but yet you continue to insist he was just because they said off duty and he had a police scanner.  Umm he was off duty from his NEIGHBORHOOD WATCH and anyone can have a scanner.  I can't listen to the police scanner on my phone.  Seriously how can you even say you do your research lol

Veni.Vidi.Vici.
by on May. 22, 2012 at 1:04 PM
2 moms liked this

I completely disagree.

Quoting motherslove82:

Mommy2BeAmy
by Silver Member on May. 22, 2012 at 1:05 PM
Lol I don't listen.

He thinks CM is for losers he says why u spend ur time on there but he knows I like I so he leaves me all day when he goes to work but I call him all day ,"Shan!! Some lady told me...." or "Shan!! Guess what some lady posted!" then he gets home Nd he says Amy! Put the phone dooooown stop the cafemom every time
But it's funny because he has this accent being Pakistani so I kinda laugh when he goes on these rants which doesn't help lol

Quoting :

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
motherslove82
by Silver Member on May. 22, 2012 at 1:05 PM
I never said it wasn't a happy marriage. I said, if I were you, I would put a stop to him telling me what to do and taking things away from me. You taking his game away is not something I would do either. I never said the marriage wasn't healthy, either. I said that the behavior wasn't healthy. I am not passing judgement on your marriage. I gave advice about behavior that I would find unacceptable and that can be a warning of future abusive behavior. Do what you want with it. As for taking things to seriously, did you even read you post? Geez.

Quoting Mommy2BeAmy:

"has tried to defend it" lady it's MY MARRIAGE MY RELATION BACK OFF if I have a problem I'll take care of it. Omg u really r taking this too damn seriously!!

I take his ps3 controller away and sent his ps3 to his little brother last week pls please im begging u CALL ME CONTROLLING tell me I have a problem tell me it's not a happy marriage since u an outsider doesn't even know a thing about us is so QUALIFIED to pass a judgement pls I'm waiting waste my time with ur rediculous comments.

Quoting motherslove82:

Quoting punky3175:

Quoting motherslove82:

Quoting Mommy2BeAmy:

Quoting motherslove82:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
motherslove82
by Silver Member on May. 22, 2012 at 1:06 PM
With what?

Quoting Veni.Vidi.Vici.:

I completely disagree.

Quoting motherslove82:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Veni.Vidi.Vici.
by on May. 22, 2012 at 1:07 PM

My advice to you is to avoid head shots

Quoting motherslove82:

I never said it wasn't a happy marriage. I said, if I were you, I would put a stop to him telling me what to do and taking things away from me. You taking his game away is not something I would do either. I never said the marriage wasn't healthy, either. I said that the behavior wasn't healthy. I am not passing judgement on your marriage. I gave advice about behavior that I would find unacceptable and that can be a warning of future abusive behavior. Do what you want with it. As for taking things to seriously, did you even read you post? Geez.
Veni.Vidi.Vici.
by on May. 22, 2012 at 1:07 PM
2 moms liked this

I couldn't help myself

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)