Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

In honor of Memorial Day, Write a Thank You Note!

Posted by on May. 23, 2012 at 4:50 PM
  • 20 Replies
1 mom liked this

This Monday is Memorial Day, a day where we remember and pay tribute to all the brave men and women who have fallen in service to our country.

patriotic

In honor of Memorial Day, take a minute to write a thank you note right here. It can be to someone you know personally who has served or is currently serving in the military, to our troops, to those we have lost, or to the families of those who are serving. Or just write about what you're thinking and feeling about our country, your hopes and dreams for our future, or your own experience serving.  

thank you

This letter doesn't have to go any further than the safety of CafeMom's walls, so feel free to let all your emotions flow. Or, if you'd prefer, sit down and read it with your family (you can ask them to write notes, too), or share it on Facebook -- or other groups on CafeMom -- to help celebrate those who have made the ultimate sacrifice or are putting their life on the line each day to defend our freedom.

come homehappy memorial dayveterans day

by on May. 23, 2012 at 4:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LancesMom
Yesterday at 5:56 PM
by Gold Member on May. 23, 2012 at 5:35 PM
5 moms liked this

With heartfelt gratitude I thank all of our military men and women for their courageous service to our country. And their spouses and families who put their lives on hold, worrying if there family member will come home!

~In memory of my father who served in the Korean war 

~In honor of my brother who served 20+ yrs in the Air Force and many nephews who served in Afghanistan and Iraq.

happy memorial day

AllieCat2002
by on May. 23, 2012 at 6:41 PM
2 moms liked this

I want to thank all of our military for the hard work they have done keeping our country safe. Keep up the awesome job!!happy memorial day

dawnnamarie
by Member on May. 23, 2012 at 11:37 PM
1 mom liked this

Thank you baby, for being brave enough to follow your heart and enlist. I'm so glad your not active anymore, but I have nightmares some nights that you will be recalled. I will be so much more supportive once You can never go back again.
Ps- Acus are sexy. And I wouldn't mind seeing them again ;)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pvtjokerus
by Platinum Member on May. 24, 2012 at 9:07 AM
1 mom liked this

A BIG THANK YOU FOR ALL OF THOSE THAT HAVE RISKED THEIR LIVES TO MAKE AMERICA A BETTER AND STRONGER PLACE TO LIVE!  AND A SPECIAL THANK YOU FOR THOSE THAT HAVE SUPPORTED OUR HEROES!

BoysManDog
by Bronze Member on May. 24, 2012 at 10:01 AM
1 mom liked this

Thank you to those who made the ultimate sacrifice, and thank you to all who serve now.  My family and I are forever in your debt for protecting and upholding our God-given freedoms.  I am blessed to be able to work alongside the fine people of the military, and I have the utmost respect for their sacrifice and service. 

Military folks will say that they are just doing their jobs, but to me ... They are heroes.   

Euphoric
by Bazinga! on May. 24, 2012 at 2:44 PM

I want to thank a sweet baby boy named Sullivan Edward Arlen, who lost his precious short life on February 28th. 2011 to SIDS. He was 56 days old. He turned a bunch of strangers into family. He made me a more kind and patient person. He made me more open mined and a more forgiving, and over all loving person. Though I never got to meet him, I did get to see his beautiful smile. He changed me in a wonderful way. God bless you baby boy, you're always in my heart.

woozybear
by New Member on May. 24, 2012 at 11:54 PM
1 mom liked this

I would like to say thank you to all the military personnel who currently serve and have served our country.  You and your families sacrfice so much for your country.  You have my complete respect for all that you do. 

~In memory of my father who served in the Vietnam war with the Navy and also in honor of my brother who served in the Navy

Mommy_of_Riley
by Jes on May. 25, 2012 at 12:04 AM

Thank you to my Handsome Marine.
You are the love of my life and I'll follow you wherever the Corps sends us...
You are the strongest, bravest, kindest, most caring man I know and you make those Blues look good. <3

Also I thank my Retired Army Dad, Retired Navy Father in Law, Marine Uncle, Retired Navy Grandpas, Retired Marine Grandpa, Brother in the AirForce, Sister in Law and Brother in Law in the Navy, and many cousins...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Peanutx3
by Ruby Member on May. 25, 2012 at 12:16 AM

Thank you to your handsome hubby and thank you for your sacrifice as well.

Quoting Mommy_of_Riley:

Thank you to my Handsome Marine.
You are the love of my life and I'll follow you wherever the Corps sends us...
You are the strongest, bravest, kindest, most caring man I know and you make those Blues look good. <3

Also I thank my Retired Army Dad, Retired Navy Father in Law, Marine Uncle, Retired Navy Grandpas, Retired Marine Grandpa, Brother in the AirForce, Sister in Law and Brother in Law in the Navy, and many cousins...

MariahD
by on May. 25, 2012 at 11:38 AM
3 moms liked this

I thank my husband and my family for what they do daily.  This is a hard, but wonderful life style.  I wouldn't change it for anything.  I am proud to be a vet and I think I am even more proud that I'm a wife of a man who has sacrificed births, birthdays, anniversaries, first steps, first words and even coming home and having kids not know him and treat him as a stranger.  The sacrifice is great, but the pay off is greater.  I am thankful to both my sisters for following in my footsteps (I always tell them I paved their way LOL).  They graduated and jumped in knowing what my husband and I did, not even thinking twice about joining.  You all rock!! NOT TO MENTION all the people serving today with stories of their own ... My hats off to you(past, present and future). This photo was him coming from last deployment.  The baby was 5 weeks when he left and has NO idea who he was. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)