Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Not surprisingly George Zimmerman Knows Officers in the Sanford Police  Department. He even went on police ride a longs with officers in 2011!

What is true irony though, is that he criticized the officers he came in contact with? Addressing the city commission in 2011, he rattled off a scathing report on some officers in the SPD!

The yahoo news link is:http://news.yahoo.com/George-Zimmerman-knew-several-Sanford-police-officers-shooting-174040993--abc-news-topstories.html(please upload, as you can see I couldn't,HA)

It goes on to say how one police officer showed Zimmerman were he hid to take naps,and how he refused to have a long gun in his patrol car because if used it would involve paper work , and he stays as far away from paper work as possible. In addressing the newly- elect Mayor Jeff Triplett!     His description was "DISGUSEDING". After the fatal shooting of the unarmed Teen, Zimmerman can be seen wondering the halls at PD headquarters. (3-4 days later)

When asked if they knew Zimmerman,as he is or was  a political science major and was on regular ride alongs, the Department steadfast claimed NO!

It revives the debate of whether Zimmerman was given favorable treatment and automatically given the benefit of the doubt. As you should know, Sanford Police Department is now under the microscope too due to their alleged missteps in the initial investigation, and their apparent Lack of interest in INVESTIGATING the shooting on Feb:26, in Sanford, Florida!

My Question: Do you think this has a impact on the police's possible lack of interest of a fair investigation?

And, Does this also speak to Zimmerman's apparent obsession to be in Law enforcement?

Do the officers feel obligated to stand behind him, and if so,why in the face of his disdain for the job they do? IE,these assholes always get away,and or the cops are too late in some instances?

In my Opininon No Disrespect

by on May. 24, 2012 at 3:32 AM
Replies (11-18):
charleyd68
by Platinum Member on May. 24, 2012 at 5:13 PM

Quoting Sisteract:

However that was in Jan 11 (or was it 10?)   It was 2011.

In Sept 11, when GZ was spearheading the NW group in his community, they kissed and made-up.    Apparently,because he had full run of the department.

Evidently there is video of him roaming around the police station on the night of crime, has anyone seen it? I have heard talk on the news about these incidents-  A Sergeant is quoted as saying when questioned as to a personal relationship,if you will,Do you know Zimmerman, they denied  having a prior relationship and that the records of his ride a longs can't be found?

Veni.Vidi.Vici.
by on May. 24, 2012 at 5:47 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting charleyd68:

It all seems so pat though! I understand what your saying and it mirrors what I said, the squeaky wheel gets the GREASE ! But they knew they were going to the same place, and they should have known who he was, and that he called with reports of "suspicious" people, ALL THE TIME! But the one time there is a dead body they do a half assed job?

Quoting Veni.Vidi.Vici.:

I can't say how other people might feel, act or behave toward GZ.

If I was among the SPD I would be cautious and try to be as impartial as possible especially if I felt his previous actions and behaviors could be called into question regarding the SPD.

In my experience I find it easier to be more accommodating to people who have attempted to shame me or speak ill of me. It makes me feel better and I like to think it makes those people who have an issue with me feel like shit.

How can you or I be certain they don't run a half-assed PD? I can assume a lot. I won't. = )

charleyd68
by Platinum Member on May. 24, 2012 at 5:51 PM

From what I read, it is inferred they hardly do, touche!LOL

Quoting Veni.Vidi.Vici.:

Quoting charleyd68:

It all seems so pat though! I understand what your saying and it mirrors what I said, the squeaky wheel gets the GREASE ! But they knew they were going to the same place, and they should have known who he was, and that he called with reports of "suspicious" people, ALL THE TIME! But the one time there is a dead body they do a half assed job?

Quoting Veni.Vidi.Vici.:

If I was among the SPD I would be cautious and try to be as impartial as possible especially if I felt his previous actions and behaviors could be called into question regarding the SPD.

In my experience I find it easier to be more accommodating to people who have attempted to shame me or speak ill of me. It makes me feel better and I like to think it makes those people who have an issue with me feel like shit.

How can you or I be certain they don't run a half-assed PD? I can assume a lot. I won't. = )

charleyd68
by Platinum Member on May. 24, 2012 at 5:54 PM

I am actually Looking forward to the separate investigation of the Department it's self!   Some change can come from this!

Quoting Veni.Vidi.Vici.:

Quoting charleyd68:

Quoting Veni.Vidi.Vici.:

ihave1
by Member on May. 24, 2012 at 11:17 PM

why are poeple still talking about this guy!  Im sick of hearing is name. I thought he  was in jail.  If not what is going on w/ his case?

futureshock
by Ruby Member on May. 24, 2012 at 11:24 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting charleyd68:

Or wannabe, or self important and or indignation's! Or POLITICAN!

lol

Or delusional!

charleyd68
by Platinum Member on May. 25, 2012 at 7:13 AM
Quoting ihave1:

why are poeple still talking about this guy!  Im sick of hearing is name. I thought he  was in jail.  If not what is going on w/ his case?

I am still talking about him because the powers that be are doling out info bit by bit. He was charged but bailed out on 150.000$bond. Hanky panky on his part because while pleading poverty he was sitting on 204.000$ that he got through his web site from "supporters ". He waved his right to a speedy trial (shocker) ,also it 's still not certain whether the defence will motion for the SYG hearing. His trial (if) it happens will be a long time from now.

charleyd68
by Platinum Member on May. 25, 2012 at 7:16 AM
Quoting futureshock:

I forgot that one. LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN