Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

The freaking neighborhood is conspiring against me!

Posted by on May. 24, 2012 at 4:00 PM
  • 10 Replies

From 2:00-4:00/4:30...it's naptime for my two little boys.

However, for some reason, there is a butt load of noise outside. The 10 month old woke up shortly after 3:00 looking for more formula but he should have gone back down. Of couse, that was the time that the landscapers took advantage of the lull in rain to catch up on some work so there's been lawnmowers, weedwackers, and leafblowers going on. Now the neighbors dogs are barking up a storm.

And then at 3:20, my 6 year old gets off the bus with her loud self and she's been doing gymnastics off the sofa.

I know the 10 month old is still awake but he's not making any noise in his crib so I'm just letting him stay there. I don't really want him taking a nap later so I'm hoping that the non-activity will keep him somewhat rested. The 2 year old is an excellent sleeper and sleeps through just about anything. If I let him, he could probably sleep until 5:00.

Grrr...

by on May. 24, 2012 at 4:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MariahD
by on May. 24, 2012 at 4:04 PM

LOL I KNOW THE FEELING! I live in a neighborhood that is fairly new and people ALWAYS are coming by to sell services ... DURING NAP TIME! Right as my 2 year olds head hits the pillow - DING DONG! GEEZ! Maybe you'll get an early bed time with all the activity going on lol

Euphoric
by Bazinga! on May. 24, 2012 at 4:04 PM

Ugh.

Veni.Vidi.Vici.
by on May. 24, 2012 at 4:05 PM
Bummer
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gotnothinonme
by Silver Member on May. 24, 2012 at 4:34 PM

I totally know the frustration!! When my son was that age and napping, our idiot neighbor boys would climb on those ridiculous looking tiny little LOUD dirtbikes, get stoned (presumablY) and just go around, and around, and around their yard- I had to presume they were stoned because no straight person could go in circles that long and still be entertained- I used to daydream about clotheslining the noisy things as they passed our fence, ugh...every time I put the baby down, I'd hear those stupid dirt bikes start up, I cursed their parents for buying them the darn things! Why don't parents ever think about what they're subjecting the neighbors too when they give kids this stuff???

*they're really lovely boys and neighbors in general, but that phase was TOUGH, lol, and he looked ridiculous, he was like 5'10" on this itty bitty little motor bike, with his knees stuck out on the sides- just thinking about it again annoys the hell out of me, lol.

lizmarie1975
by Gold Member on May. 24, 2012 at 4:37 PM

Quoting MariahD:

LOL I KNOW THE FEELING! I live in a neighborhood that is fairly new and people ALWAYS are coming by to sell services ... DURING NAP TIME! Right as my 2 year olds head hits the pillow - DING DONG! GEEZ! Maybe you'll get an early bed time with all the activity going on lol

I am not a fan of early bedtimes...early bedtimes mean early risers...and they're already up by 6:00-6:30 when they go to bed at 8:30/9:00.

lizmarie1975
by Gold Member on May. 24, 2012 at 4:38 PM

Quoting gotnothinonme:

I totally know the frustration!! When my son was that age and napping, our idiot neighbor boys would climb on those ridiculous looking tiny little LOUD dirtbikes, get stoned (presumablY) and just go around, and around, and around their yard- I had to presume they were stoned because no straight person could go in circles that long and still be entertained- I used to daydream about clotheslining the noisy things as they passed our fence, ugh...every time I put the baby down, I'd hear those stupid dirt bikes start up, I cursed their parents for buying them the darn things! Why don't parents ever think about what they're subjecting the neighbors too when they give kids this stuff???

*they're really lovely boys and neighbors in general, but that phase was TOUGH, lol, and he looked ridiculous, he was like 5'10" on this itty bitty little motor bike, with his knees stuck out on the sides- just thinking about it again annoys the hell out of me, lol.

LOL. Everything always seems especially loud during nap time!

gotnothinonme
by Silver Member on May. 24, 2012 at 4:44 PM

Quoting lizmarie1975:

Quoting gotnothinonme:

LOL. Everything always seems especially loud during nap time!

normally we tried to adapt the kids to noise while sleeping, but with our little guy, he was colicky and forever had ear infections or a cold, and just NEVER slept, and rarely ever stopped crying so when he DID sleep I'd kill people to keep them from sneezing, lol....I was so desperate fro some rest and peace!!

charleyd68
by Platinum Member on May. 24, 2012 at 4:48 PM

I no longer have mini-mites but I understand the landscapers. I swear if it doesn't rain they find grass to cut, bushes to prune and weeds to pull, all while I am suffering from year round sinus problems! I swear I understand the women on SNAPPED!LOL 

SORRY, MA!

Sisteract
by Whoopie on May. 24, 2012 at 4:49 PM

My small neighborhood has about 30 homes and I swear to dog, everyone has a different landscape service, in addition to the community landscapers- They are here all day every weekday. My home abuts the common park and it is never ending- Today it was cut, trim, fertilize, edge, blow- I left for 2 hours, came back and they're still here :(

MariahD
by on May. 24, 2012 at 10:10 PM

Quoting lizmarie1975:

Quoting MariahD:

I am not a fan of early bedtimes...early bedtimes mean early risers...and they're already up by 6:00-6:30 when they go to bed at 8:30/9:00.

Oh that sucks! If mine miss nap or have a "bad" nap then they go to bed early and it's still normal wake up.  It's like they are making up for lost sleep. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN