Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Vaccines connected to AIDS, cancer, etc., edited

I've been a vaxing parent.  Not all, and some delayed...but still a vaxing mom.  I thought I had done my research.  I have a non-vaxing, non-microwaving, non-plastic-using, less-chemical-using-best-friend  [yes, Melinda, I'm talking about you ;)]  that has made me want to look into this more.  Now that I've done alittle more research I realize that a lot of what I had read before was pretty vague.  There are a couple vaccines I've been holding off on b/c my dd is so tiny.  She has an appointment next week and I know the doctor will bring up the vaccines.  I'm not looking forward to this.  Here's one of the articles I just read: http://www.thinktwice.com/Polio.pdf

Non-vaxing parents: is this information similar to what persuaded you to not vaccinate?

Vaxing parents: have you seen things like this?  What are your thoughts?

What has the been the biggest factor in your decisions?

Okay so it looks like me changing the name of the title pissed a lot of people off.  When I was doing my research years ago, I decided that getting my kids vaccinated was beneficial.  Since then, I've questioned my decision.  I've heard many things that scared me.  That made me hold my breath for weeks every time I got them their shots.  I don't know what to trust when I research things.  I know that most of what I read that is pro-vaxing seems very vague.  I read things that say things like immunizations prevent diseases.  But then I read things like that link I put in that have actual numbers, statistics, and references.  When I read things like that, I want to know more.  But I don't know where to find reliable information.  When I've brought the subject up to doctors, they kind of roll their eyes and say, 'everything's safe'.  Umm that's not good enough.  I was looking for some educated ladies on the topic.  I've been trying to make an educated decision for years, and was looking for a little help on the topic.  This doesn't make me uneducated, ignorant, or hysterical.  I think it makes me smart. 

Oh yeah, and the link (for the people who didn't read it) mentions how researchers believe certain shots introduced AIDS and other ailments to humans by using animal tissue in the vaccines.  There's numbers and what I feel is pretty close to proof.  It makes sense...animals can have diseases and immunities we're not aware of.  And maybe it's possible that we could be putting ourselves at harm by using it. 

by on May. 25, 2012 at 9:37 AM
Replies (11-20):
SilverSterling
by MrsSilverusSnape on May. 25, 2012 at 11:30 AM

I am respectful of those who don't but I don't like the flood of misinformation that is out there like They cause AIDS. I'm sorry someone if seriously feeding misinformation to stupid gullible people who should know better. That to me is a Shame and a crime.

-Eilish-
by Gold Member on May. 25, 2012 at 11:32 AM

Quoting SilverSterling:

I am respectful of those who don't but I don't like the flood of misinformation that is out there like They cause AIDS. I'm sorry someone if seriously feeding misinformation to stupid gullible people who should know better. That to me is a Shame and a crime.

Shocking information doesn't mean that it is misinformation. Do you have evidence that studies like this are wrong? I'd love to see it.

KedrynsMommie
by Member on May. 25, 2012 at 11:34 AM
1 mom liked this
We vax.. BUT im putting ds on the schedule i was on as a kid. Dtap, hib and mmr... 7 dead viruses mixed into my kid all at once? No thanks. If he had a reaction to one how would they know which one??

Im not at all against vaxing, however i think a dead virus cocktail is going to far! Our kids need these vaccines but not all a once!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AdrianneHill
by Platinum Member on May. 25, 2012 at 11:39 AM
I'm having a hard time buying the cancer thing. I wonder what rates are in vaccinated populations a opposed to control groups. People die and people get cancer. Even without any intervening causes, people get wacky diseases. Several million people get one shot, odds are many people are going to die in a year and it still won't have anything to do with the shots they were given.

That said, I have heard about the polio vaccines using the liver cells of primates that were infected with HIV. Of course that was over fifty years ago and the people who did it were lazy and cheap. They didn't go through any protocols of testing and they used the same diseases livers to culture cells for far longer than they should have and their corner cutting MAY have unleashed a plague on humanity but they also had no idea what HIV was and how it could react in a human host. It still took twenty years for the disease to make it off the continent and into the human population at large.

Btw, if anyone wants to read a bit about it from an older source, Alice Walker write extensively about it in Possessing the Secret of Joy. She also write about the culture of female circumcision in Africa and the devastation both have caused. It was a sequel to the Color Purple, focusing on Celie's kids raised in Africa. Very poignant.
And I must add that after I read that book, I did research on her assertions and could find little research to back up her claims. At the time, it was one theory among many as to how the disease jumped species.

ETA: Apparently, the kidneys, not the livers, of monkeys were used in culturing the vaccines.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SilverSterling
by MrsSilverusSnape on May. 25, 2012 at 11:49 AM

How about basic common knowledge that the Virus is blood born. unless the vaccinations are infected with the virus before hand there is no medical evidence that proves a vaccine causes AIDS. Unless of course its PRE infected with the virus itself before hand. You haven't provided any proof that what you posted or what your saying is true however if you educate yourself on the HIV/AIDS virus and how to get infected by it you can see the truth for yourself if you choose too. But based on your reaction to my posts you don't care about the actual truth just the truth you want to believe and if that truly is the case then nothing anyone says will change your mind. I am new here and I don't like sharing personal information about myself but I will say this much I have first hand knowledge (some may be outdated) of this Virus how its transmitted. I have buried more people then I care to discuss because of it. Do you have first hand knowledge that vaccines cause HIV/AIDS? Do you know someone who got it from an infected Vaccination needle or some evil cruel pharmaceutical company putting the virus into the Vaccinations itself? Because Those are the 2 Biggest ways to get the Virus into the system 

Quoting -Eilish-:
-Eilish-
by Gold Member on May. 25, 2012 at 12:09 PM

Here's an interview with the Cheif of Vaccines Division from Merck stating that HIV/AIDS is directly connected to vaccines.

Quoting SilverSterling:

How about basic common knowledge that the Virus is blood born. unless the vaccinations are infected with the virus before hand there is no medical evidence that proves a vaccine causes AIDS. Unless of course its PRE infected with the virus itself before hand. You haven't provided any proof that what you posted or what your saying is true however if you educate yourself on the HIV/AIDS virus and how to get infected by it you can see the truth for yourself if you choose too. But based on your reaction to my posts you don't care about the actual truth just the truth you want to believe and if that truly is the case then nothing anyone says will change your mind. I am new here and I don't like sharing personal information about myself but I will say this much I have first hand knowledge (some may be outdated) of this Virus how its transmitted. I have buried more people then I care to discuss because of it. Do you have first hand knowledge that vaccines cause HIV/AIDS? Do you know someone who got it from an infected Vaccination needle or some evil cruel pharmaceutical company putting the virus into the Vaccinations itself? Because Those are the 2 Biggest ways to get the Virus into the system 

Quoting -Eilish-:

meriana
by Platinum Member on May. 25, 2012 at 12:20 PM

Quoting mom2the.rescue:

Have you done any research on how using vaccines made from animal tissues introduces their viruses into us?  Like the AIDS and cancers?  That scares me, expecially since apparently the vaccinated mother passes it to her children...am I understanding what I read right?

Quoting meriana:

Actually we made that decision long before the internet and the availability of all of the information that we have pretty much at our fingertips today. I looked into what was in them and read as much as I could find. The ingredients alone were enough to make me decide against it, especially since our oldest had chronic croup. Just as an example....prolonged breathing of formaldehyde fumes is considered a health risk...but it's ok to inject it directly into one's blood stream?? That's just one of many things that did not make sense to me. There were many reasons for our decison actually. Over the years more information has become available causing more people to question not only vaccines in general but the advisability of injecting so many at once.

Back when they took the small pox vaccine off the schedule, I read an article in a local paper about the reasons and the main one was that there had only been 10 cases of small pox in the U.S. in the previous ten years. They had all been proven to be a direct result of the vaccination and they were all fatal. Wish I had the article but it accidentally got thrown away. I found it interesting that it was on a back page of the paper where most wouldn't even see it and I only saw it because I happened to be thumbing through the paper page by page, enjoying some quiet time before the little ones woke up.

No I haven't. It wouldn't really surprise me however since it's been known for simply years that not handling and/or cooking meats properly can result in illnesses one otherwise wouldn't contract. I would think that growing something in animal tissue could also conceiveably allow the passage of things in that tissue to whatever the tissue was put into, but that's just me. Since there are things they do not currently have the ability to screen out of human blood, it kind of stands to reason there would be things they do not currently have the ability to screen out of animal tissue.  I have no way of actually knowing one way or the other at this time. I can say that all the information that has become available over the years has just confirmed my decision where vaccination is concerned. 

My husband did allow our son to have the first vaccination...dr. talked him into it and since I wasn't with him at the time...Dh wasn't quite as sure about not vaccinating as I was. Our son, who was a bit hyperactive, laid on the couch with a high fever. We called the Dr. and all he said was that it was normal. Personally I didn't feel a fever of nearly 104 and occasionally inching up was normal, and while we did manage to keep it down, we were about to take him to the ER when it finally broke. (and the dr. was told how high the fever was and that it, at time, inched higher) Dh never again allowed a vaccination.

Personally I have never trusted any dr. completely which is why I question things. I never felt that allowing vaccinations just because a dr. said to was a good enough reason and I never believed in the theory that just because group A didn't suffer any bad effects, group B wouldn't either. The fact that everyone is different told me that just wasn't plausible.

Am I afraid of vaccinations? NO, I just don't believe that they don't at times cause harm to some individuals. Have I risked the health of my children by not allowing them? Many would say yes, but there's also a risk with vaccination and one does not necessarily outweigh the other, IMO, both stances are equally risky.

Guess I should add that I was never vaccinated either, my parents didn't feel that putting something into your bloodstream that contained monkey blood was a good way to ensure good health.

SilverSterling
by MrsSilverusSnape on May. 25, 2012 at 12:48 PM
1 mom liked this

If that's your proof I will leave you to your beliefs. its edited poorly together my teenager could do a better splicing job after one year of computers in High School its also Outdated and Old information that has been proven false but thanks for trying.

Its your right to believe the propaganda bullshit and after wasting nine minutes of my time I still call bullshit. why I do believe that the livers infected could have and may have been used in the past the chemical processes of making a vaccine would have killed off the virus itself. I don't discredit the use of crappy cheap materials I discredit crazy fanatics who use scare tactics and bullshit methods to get their point across. There is still no Proof or link that anyone who contracted HIV (AIDS develops Later your infected with HIV NOT AIDS) through Vaccinations.

Unsafe sex

Unsafe IV drug use

and infected blood through transfusions 

and Mothers passing it on to their children and not knowing it. 

Show me a case were someone has gotten if from vaccinations and not any of the above and i might..Key word MIGHT buy into the bullshit.

The first piece of Bullshit is your not infected with AIDS your infected with HIV. HIV progresses into AIDS and AIDS kills you if not managed.. People can live a long time with AIDS but as most people with HIV will tell you once you have AIDS its a death sentence waiting to happen. 

If your going to scare people Scare people with the CORRECT information..WAIT it wouldnt work because most people are smart enough to know how you contract HIV by using AIDS it makes it scarier and easier to manipulate the actual  truth.

Quoting -Eilish-:
-Eilish-
by Gold Member on May. 25, 2012 at 1:36 PM

*rolls eyes* If  you can prove it wrong, then you're the one who is falling for propaganda. Attacking the lack of professional editing and the date of the interview is merely a straw man fallacy to distract from the issue at hand. Namely, that the head of the vaccine division at Merck blew the whistle on the unethical practices he found that led to the spread of HIV/AIDS.

I'm sorry that you can't focus on the conent, and are so easily distracted by ultimately irrelvent things.

Quoting SilverSterling:

If that's your proof I will leave you to your beliefs. its edited poorly together my teenager could do a better splicing job after one year of computers in High School its also Outdated and Old information that has been proven false but thanks for trying.

Its your right to believe the propaganda bullshit and after wasting nine minutes of my time I still call bullshit. why I do believe that the livers infected could have and may have been used in the past the chemical processes of making a vaccine would have killed off the virus itself. I don't discredit the use of crappy cheap materials I discredit crazy fanatics who use scare tactics and bullshit methods to get their point across. There is still no Proof or link that anyone who contracted HIV (AIDS develops Later your infected with HIV NOT AIDS) through Vaccinations.

Unsafe sex

Unsafe IV drug use

and infected blood through transfusions 

and Mothers passing it on to their children and not knowing it. 

Show me a case were someone has gotten if from vaccinations and not any of the above and i might..Key word MIGHT buy into the bullshit.

The first piece of Bullshit is your not infected with AIDS your infected with HIV. HIV progresses into AIDS and AIDS kills you if not managed.. People can live a long time with AIDS but as most people with HIV will tell you once you have AIDS its a death sentence waiting to happen. 

If your going to scare people Scare people with the CORRECT information..WAIT it wouldnt work because most people are smart enough to know how you contract HIV by using AIDS it makes it scarier and easier to manipulate the actual  truth.

Quoting -Eilish-:

SilverSterling
by MrsSilverusSnape on May. 25, 2012 at 1:38 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm sorry you cant understand bullshit when it laid out before you.. You live in your little bubble and I will live in the real world and worry about real things not make believe things find on the internet.

Quoting -Eilish-:
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN