Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Vaccines connected to AIDS, cancer, etc., edited

I've been a vaxing parent.  Not all, and some delayed...but still a vaxing mom.  I thought I had done my research.  I have a non-vaxing, non-microwaving, non-plastic-using, less-chemical-using-best-friend  [yes, Melinda, I'm talking about you ;)]  that has made me want to look into this more.  Now that I've done alittle more research I realize that a lot of what I had read before was pretty vague.  There are a couple vaccines I've been holding off on b/c my dd is so tiny.  She has an appointment next week and I know the doctor will bring up the vaccines.  I'm not looking forward to this.  Here's one of the articles I just read: http://www.thinktwice.com/Polio.pdf

Non-vaxing parents: is this information similar to what persuaded you to not vaccinate?

Vaxing parents: have you seen things like this?  What are your thoughts?

What has the been the biggest factor in your decisions?

Okay so it looks like me changing the name of the title pissed a lot of people off.  When I was doing my research years ago, I decided that getting my kids vaccinated was beneficial.  Since then, I've questioned my decision.  I've heard many things that scared me.  That made me hold my breath for weeks every time I got them their shots.  I don't know what to trust when I research things.  I know that most of what I read that is pro-vaxing seems very vague.  I read things that say things like immunizations prevent diseases.  But then I read things like that link I put in that have actual numbers, statistics, and references.  When I read things like that, I want to know more.  But I don't know where to find reliable information.  When I've brought the subject up to doctors, they kind of roll their eyes and say, 'everything's safe'.  Umm that's not good enough.  I was looking for some educated ladies on the topic.  I've been trying to make an educated decision for years, and was looking for a little help on the topic.  This doesn't make me uneducated, ignorant, or hysterical.  I think it makes me smart. 

Oh yeah, and the link (for the people who didn't read it) mentions how researchers believe certain shots introduced AIDS and other ailments to humans by using animal tissue in the vaccines.  There's numbers and what I feel is pretty close to proof.  It makes sense...animals can have diseases and immunities we're not aware of.  And maybe it's possible that we could be putting ourselves at harm by using it. 

by on May. 25, 2012 at 9:37 AM
Replies (81-90):
lovinmykiddo07
by Bronze Member on May. 27, 2012 at 2:56 AM
Ds is five and is UTD on all vaccines. I know the damage is probably said & done but after all the problems we've had this past year & talking to my non vaccing mommy friend, he will not receive any more vaccinations. I've learned my lesson the hard way. If we have any more children they will NOT receive vaccinations.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom2the.rescue
by Bronze Member on May. 27, 2012 at 12:28 PM

Thank you.  This is the first time I heard of the Jadad score.  I will learn more about that and try to figure out if what I'm finding is right or wrong.  I will also put that book on my soon to borrow/buy list. 

Quoting FrugalFairy:

The best thing to do is read through his paper very carefully, taking the time to look up each of his citations to see if his assessments are accurate... or if it is being cherry-picked or misrepresented. Are his citations to good quality science (Jadad score), or to outdated and/or disproven theories? Do his graphs (with so many point omitted) accturately reflect the ebb and flo of polio? In short, anyone can call themselves a researcher and post their commentary on the web, but it's up to the reader to figure out if that researcher is reliable.

A few years back, I read Polio: An American Story, and found it to be a wealth of information. It's not a pro- or anti-vaccine book, but rather chronicles the backstory on polio, as well as the development of vaccines.

Quoting mom2the.rescue:

If you read what I linked (and I realize it was very long, I'm sorry about that) maybe you would feel differently.  When my best friend mentioned things like this I rolled my eyes and told her I had enough to worry about.  I basically thought she was crazy.  The information I found is done by legitimate doctors & researchers.  There are acutal numbers, stats, charts, and references.  That is better than a lot of the research I've done on why they should get their shots.  And it's scary, that's why I wanted to hear something discrediting this info.  So far, I haven't heard any.  You can't say something is bs, and not have a real argument for why.

Quoting SilverSterling:

I am respectful of those who don't but I don't like the flood of misinformation that is out there like They cause AIDS. I'm sorry someone if seriously feeding misinformation to stupid gullible people who should know better. That to me is a Shame and a crime.

mom2the.rescue
by Bronze Member on May. 27, 2012 at 12:34 PM

So your ton of research was asking doctors who give shots if you should vaccinate your kids?  Did you do research on why people choose to not vax?  Look up doctors who don't vaccinate their kids.  Ask them why.  Read a book on the cons of it.  The mom friends I have who don't vax also did research for years.  By talking to doctors, chiropractors, teachers, and reading books on the subject.  I'm not trying to start a fight.  I was trying to see how people arrived at their decisions and if they'd heard of the things I found.  You can say you don't believe it w/o being rude.

Quoting Soulmate-2-R:

Quoting mom2the.rescue:

Of course I don't believe everything I read.  But when it's presented in a manner that isn't sugarcoated (like all the pamplets & inserts from my docs), it's alittle concerning and I was looking for some info from moms that had done research on their own.  Instead, I'm finding a lot of moms who don't believe what they don't want to believe.

Quoting Soulmate-2-R:

oh boy, here we go again...it astounds that people believe everything they read and take it as fact and then spread their uneducated ways to the rest of us....i am sure you are one of those people who believe in ufos and big foot and things of that nature because you READ it online or where ever....ahhhh...get a clue and actually crack a book or talk with someone who has higher than a high school eduction.

eye rolling

ummm...okay....well i did a ton of research before vaxing my kid and all of it came from reputable doctors and such not just random numbers and statistics from the Internet...but okay...you believe what you want and i will believe in science and people with actually knowledge.

mom2the.rescue
by Bronze Member on May. 27, 2012 at 12:36 PM

What is the biggest reason that swayed you to her side?  What did you learn the hard way, did you son have a bad reaction?

Quoting lovinmykiddo07:

Ds is five and is UTD on all vaccines. I know the damage is probably said & done but after all the problems we've had this past year & talking to my non vaccing mommy friend, he will not receive any more vaccinations. I've learned my lesson the hard way. If we have any more children they will NOT receive vaccinations.

lga1965
by Ruby Member on May. 27, 2012 at 12:41 PM

If your source says that vaccines introduced AIDS, it is wrong and flawed and dangerous for kids everywhere.

lga1965
by Ruby Member on May. 27, 2012 at 12:51 PM

http://www.wisconsinmedicalsociety.org/_WMS/publications/wmj/issues/wmj_v103n5/103no5_Schlenker.pdf

Here is a source with some actual science backing up the wisdom and intelligence behind the vaccination of children and adults..

McM0609
by on May. 27, 2012 at 1:29 PM
I agree!!

Quoting Debmomto2girls:

Please tell me you are not going to start a hysteria that vaccines introduce AIDS into people????This kind of thing burns me up. I vax but not for everything . I did not allow

my girls the Hep A or Guardsil shots or pneumonia. However, starting hype and hysteria that it can introduce AIDS and cancer is way too much.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
McM0609
by on May. 27, 2012 at 1:30 PM
I AGREE!!

Quoting OHgirlinCA:

I vaccinate my children because I know it's protecting them from diseases that can cause them considerable harm.  I do not buy into the ridiculous accusations that these vaccines cause autism, AIDS, or cancer.  It simply is not true. 

Vaccinations have done a considerable amount of good, but I fear outbreaks of these diseases are going to become more and more prevalent as more and more people decide not to vaccinate their children or themselves. 

I think it's irresponsible not to get vaccinated.  (To be clear:   I'm not talking about those individuals who cannot receive vaccinations due to medical reasons)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
McM0609
by on May. 27, 2012 at 1:31 PM
Lmao!! I completely agree!!

Quoting SilverSterling:

The only way Vaccines can cause AIDS is if the needle is dirty. In this day and age its sick and scary that basic common knowledge about HIV/AIDS is lacking in grown adults. As for Cancer EVERYTHING today causes cancer. Drinking tap water is linked to Cancer, drinking bottled water is linked to Cancer, drinking filtered water is linked to Cancer, turning on the bathroom light at night causes Cancer. For heavens sake grow up and actually research this information before posting.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
McM0609
by on May. 27, 2012 at 1:49 PM
Is this information really,going to change people minds weather to vaccinate or not? Really, its like bf or ff if u ff ur killing ur bby if u bf ur an embarrasment to society of extend bf ur a child molester. If u vaccinate ur giving ur child HIV or cancer. Who cares how other people raise and,take care of their children as,long as they are healthy and strong thats all that matters. No, ones gonna win this,debate cause no one is going,to change ur mind about this information. Kids get sick no matter what, vaccinated or not. i have to admit tho this artical is pretty funny.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured