Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

More proof that sexual orientation is innate

Posted by on May. 28, 2012 at 10:25 AM
  • 79 Replies

There is an article on Psychology Today. It is about the length of your fingers (specifically your ring finger and 1st finger). The longer your ring finger is than your first finger, the more androgens (testosterone) you were exposed to in the womb. Gay women have longer ring fingers compared to straight women and gay men have shorter ring fingers compared to straight men.

Thoughts?

Source

by on May. 28, 2012 at 10:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on May. 28, 2012 at 10:27 AM
2 moms liked this

It may very well be true.  To be honest, the first thing that came to mind was the length between a man's wrist to the tip of his middle finger is the length of his penis. lol  I have no idea where I ever heard that one but it obviously stuck with me. lol

BompsMum
by Member on May. 28, 2012 at 11:09 AM
1 mom liked this
Mine ring finger is longer but i have no inclination towards women lol so i am not sure that i would go just by that. I do believe people are for the most part born the way they are, but according to this study i should be swimming in the lady pond lol
illegallyblonde
by Lawyerupbeeches on May. 28, 2012 at 11:11 AM
2 moms liked this
You know what they say about big hands? Large gloves. Lol.

The length of your foot is equal to the length of your arm--wrist to elbow. Try it out.

Quoting FromAtoZ:

It may very well be true.  To be honest, the first thing that came to mind was the length between a man's wrist to the tip of his middle finger is the length of his penis. lol  I have no idea where I ever heard that one but it obviously stuck with me. lol

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on May. 28, 2012 at 11:16 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting illegallyblonde:

You know what they say about big hands? Large gloves. Lol.

The length of your foot is equal to the length of your arm--wrist to elbow. Try it out.

Quoting FromAtoZ:

Yep, I remember that one as well and it is true. lol

"A bird doesn't sing because it has an answer, it sings because it has a song." ~ Maya Angelou

FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on May. 28, 2012 at 11:18 AM
3 moms liked this

My ring finger is ever so slightly longer.

Meh, don't know that I buy it but it is interesting.

This trying to prove one is born with the gay shouldn't even need to be a topic of conversation.  Although I understand why it is.  People are born who they are. It really is that simple.

MamaJess9
by Bronze Member on May. 28, 2012 at 11:19 AM
2 moms liked this
According to this, DH and I are both gay. Lol.

I do believe people are born gay or straight, but I don't think finger length is any indication.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ReidsNana
by Member on May. 28, 2012 at 11:22 AM
Longer ring finger but definitely not attracted to females. I actually try to have as little as possible to do with them IRL.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LindaClement
by Thatwoman on May. 28, 2012 at 6:23 PM

I heard about this, and compared notes with a pile of lesbians I happen to know. Half the fun was showing how flexible my hands are (I can line up the lengths of my three first fingers (index to ring --my pinky's really short in comparison) just by changing how I hold my palm.

It was pretty uniform, though: the lesbians all had ring fingers the same length or longer than their index fingers, and the rest of us were at least a little shorter.

LindaClement
by Thatwoman on May. 28, 2012 at 6:24 PM

I'm curious how you think you achieve that goal? Do they radiate lesbianness at you so you know?

Quoting ReidsNana:

Longer ring finger but definitely not attracted to females. I actually try to have as little as possible to do with them IRL.

SunshneDaydream
by Silver Member on May. 28, 2012 at 6:27 PM

I think she just meant she tries to avoid females in general.  LOL I hear that.  Bitches be crazy yo.  :)

Quoting LindaClement:

I'm curious how you think you achieve that goal? Do they radiate lesbianness at you so you know?

Quoting ReidsNana:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN