Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I thought attachment parenting was normal parenting

Posted by on May. 29, 2012 at 12:22 PM
  • 58 Replies
2 moms liked this

Ok, so I have been reading about attachment parenting lately. I would say I parent in that style. I honestly assumed most people did, and am now realizing thats not the case. I feel kinda silly because alot of things I do parenting wise, I assumed were the norm, and I have always just done what I was comfortable doing.

Anyone else feel this way?

by on May. 29, 2012 at 12:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TugBoatMama
by on May. 29, 2012 at 12:26 PM
2 moms liked this
I actually didn't even realize I was attachment parenting until I read about it. I just did what I thought was best. I still bf my 15 month old, we co sleep and I wore her for her first year. I wasn't aware attachment parenting was a thing when she was born lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sillybillymel
by Member on May. 29, 2012 at 12:27 PM
1 mom liked this

Yeah I didnt wear my daughter per say in a sling, but I literally carried her around all day in my arms. Seriously. Lol.

turtle68
by Mahinaarangi on May. 29, 2012 at 12:30 PM

I did some sort of attachment parenting...only it wasnt wanted most of the time LOL 

Peanutx3
by on May. 29, 2012 at 12:33 PM
4 moms liked this

It is normal for you but not for others.  I say to each their own.  Parent in your own style and you should have happy kids.

mmtosam06
by Bronze Member on May. 29, 2012 at 12:34 PM
Yep I do ap and thought like you
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MariahD
by on May. 29, 2012 at 12:36 PM
3 moms liked this

I do not attachment parent. I just do what I do.  Sounds like you do the same.  I didn't wear my kids unless we were in a crowded area (I HATE strollers in places like the zoo where there's lots of people), I don't cosleep (BUT my 4 year old has been trying to sneak in).  I think categorizing parenting is silly because why should you try to parent any other way then what is comfortable for you and your family?  I parent in the Mariah style because that's what works for my little herd LOL

erika9009
by Bronze Member on May. 29, 2012 at 12:43 PM
1 mom liked this

You do what you think is best for you and your DD.  If she is healthy, not abused, and generally happy, it doesn't matter what others do. 

Every parenting style has it's good and bad sides.  You just do what you feel is best and don't worry about what others think.

rfurlongg
by on May. 29, 2012 at 12:48 PM

We use attachment parenting because it worked well for us. I think good parents parent based on what is best for their family; sometimes it is attachement and sometimes it isn't.

TruthSeeker.
by Milami on May. 29, 2012 at 12:52 PM
2 moms liked this
We use some aspects of AP, such as co-sleeping. Most people I know did not agree with that part of our parenting choices. Eh, works for us.
mommy_2_be_2010
by Bronze Member on May. 29, 2012 at 12:53 PM
Never knew about attachment parenting up until recently
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured