Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

S/O - Would you ask a stranger to pick up their garbage?

Posted by   + Show Post

If you saw someone throw their trash on the ground would you ask them to pick it up?  Would it matter if they were a man or a woman? Would you expect them to listen to your request and be surprised if they told you to pound sand instead of complying with your request?  

Would the answer change if you knew the litterbug?  

by on May. 29, 2012 at 1:55 PM
Replies (111-112):
turtle68
by Mahinaarangi on May. 30, 2012 at 6:26 PM

Quoting TruthSeeker.:

Quoting turtle68:

no...but I do stand there and loudly say  "Geez theres some pigs in this world too fucking lazy to walk to the trash bin...just dumbass lazy pigs "  i dont make eye contact at the person but do look at their trash...I did have a guy once ask if I was speaking to him very intimidating...I turned and said why did you throw your shit in the street?  then yeah I am speaking about you!  He threw a few expletitives and I threw him the bird and we parted company.

Im a NZ....LOL we are really anal about people throwing rubbish around.

This is for Eirless. Perfect example of Why I do not say anything to strangers. I don't want expletives yelled at me.

Nine times out of ten...they dont want to be called lazy arsed pigs in public too.  My thought process is the hope that public humiliation will make them think twice when it comes to disposing rubbish.

I wouldnt do it in America...too many crazies with guns. 

TruthSeeker.
by Milami on May. 30, 2012 at 9:17 PM
Quoting turtle68:

You got that right!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)