Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Bath Salts Drug May Explain Man's Face-Eating 'Zombie' Rage - Do you think bath salts are to blame for this?

Posted by   + Show Post

Bath Salts Drug May Explain Man's Face-Eating 'Zombie' Rage

Posted by Sasha Brown-Worsham on May 29, 2012 

The zombie apocalypse is something imagined by movies and television shows like 28 Days Later, Dawn of the Dead, and Walking Dead and when it's imagined, it's always a virus, a sickness, something that spreads from zombie to person. And yet, what if it wasn't? What if the real zombie apocalypse was actually started by income disparity, poverty, drug use, and ignored mental issues?

This is the question many of us should be asking ourselves after an incident in which a naked homeless man was found eating the face of another homeless man. He had to be shot multiple times before finally stopping. The victim is in critical condition and is said to have almost no face left. And the reason for the cannibalistic attack may have been "bath salts."

Bath salts are described by MSNBC as a drug with "amphetamine like chemicals" that has been known to incite violence. But it can't be JUST that.

In addition to drugs, the attacker Rudy Eugene, 31, was homeless and had been described as "hostile" by his ex-wife.

Though it isn't explicitly stated in any article, it does sound like he may have had some mental stability issues and certainly paranoia, which was likely heightened by drug use. This is no "zombie" movie. This is a real problem that is going on city streets all the time. It's amazing it has taken this long to happen.

Extreme poverty + mental issues + drug use = man eats man's face (or some variation thereof). It's no joke and it's not entertaining at all.

This is a truly horrifying story and it highlights very real problems going on in our urban centers. Homeless people attack homeless people all the time and the only reason this got press is because of the particularly gruesome details.

As a society we should be doing better than this. This is no entertaining zombie movie. But George Romero was always attempting to say something deeper about our culture with his movies whether it was attacking consumerism or something else. This is deeper, too. It highlights a real problem on our streets and it isn't very entertaining at all.

Do you think bath salts are to blame for this?

by on May. 29, 2012 at 6:36 PM
Replies (31-40):
survivorinohio
by René on May. 29, 2012 at 8:38 PM
1 mom liked this

Acid was a liquid drug generally dropped onto a small piece of thick paper athough there was also a micro pill available much smaller than a nerd.  It was never a powder to be snorted.

How far you go in life depends on your being: tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of both the weak and strong.  Because someday in life you would have been one or all of these.  GeorgeWashingtonCarver

p1r4t3cr0pc1rcl
by on May. 29, 2012 at 8:42 PM

It is really hard to say what it is or isn't, if you are able to take it apart and have any reaction with anything else, it creates another drug, then add in chemical and hormonal reactions within the body, it creates something else, and causes diverse effects. 

LSD comes in many many many different forms, where they generally have the same chemical makeup, they have variants, and those variants react differently than the next. 

Though, LSD could have a reaction like this within a person, it could have been a mixture of things. Other drug reactions, mental instability, alcohol reactions, etc. 

Quoting stormcris:

I think people are not understanding what they mean.

This is LSD it just has the street name Bath Salts.

"potent variant of LSD called bath salts"

stormcris
by Christy on May. 29, 2012 at 8:43 PM

You are talking about a different drug than what this is. It is a street name given this not the known drug bath salts. This is something else just under the same name. It is not those bath salts. That was my whole reason for putting that out there in the first place. That is what I am trying to explain they have a street name for this calling it bath salts but it is not that designer drug bath salts although it may be another designer drug. 

Quoting survivorinohio:

I posted a chemical composition on it already.  No acid in it at all.

Quoting stormcris:

LSD is what the people admitted taking and that is what they call this form of LSD on the street. Now is it really LSD ....that would require a scientist to test some that is bought. 

However, you can have LSD induced psychosis and LSD induced schizophrenia. But generally PCP makes you extremely strong and agressive and generally can take several bullets to stop a person who is on it. THere have been a lot of cases of this in the past. So I wonder if this is a mix of LSD and PCP.

Quoting survivorinohio:

Relating this crap with lsd is simply incorrect and an insult to all those fine government scientists that developed lsd. It is a stimulant that causes psychosis.  It is not lsd in any form.  Lsd is a specific chemical.

Quoting stormcris:

Quote:

Authorities suspect a new form of LSD called "bath salts" may have been responsible for Eugene's bizarre behavior.

It is not the bath salts that kids were abusing but a street name given to a new form of LSD.  Kinda like a certain strand of pot is called "Purple Crack". It isn't Crack but it is just a name.

Quoting Kate_Momof3:

It's not LSD. 

Quoting stormcris:

Fear of serious injury alone cannot justify oppression of free speech and assembly. Men feared witches and burnt women. It is the function of speech to free men from the bondage of irrational fears.
Louis D. Brandeis
stacymomof2
by Ruby Member on May. 29, 2012 at 8:47 PM
3 moms liked this

If it's really these "bath salts" it is not LSD or "lysergic acid diethylamide" The thing they call "bath salts" is this" "The presumption is that most bath salts are MDPV, or methylenedioxypyrovalerone, although newer pyrovalerone derivatives are being made by illegal street chemists. Nobody really knows, because there is no way to test for these substances," Horowitz says. http://www.webmd.com/mental-health/features/bath-salts-drug-dangers

It's way more along the lines of ecstasy which is kind of like meth and a hallucinogen mixed together.  These "bath salts" are really toxic and easy to get, and super dangerous because they are sold as "not for human consumption" so if someone dies they can't be held responsible.  People get extremely overheated and really screwed up.  People on bath salts take their clothes off all the time, and their skin is really red and hot.  They are really dangerous, I know of a kid who died from these.  Very sad.  I have never known anyone to get violent on this (if it seems like I know a lot about drugs, I do, because I work in a night club and you have to know if people are on drugs, or dealing them, or in case of medical emergencies especially) but they can make this shit out of anything and it would be quite easy to get a PCP type effect because it's so meth-like.  It's basically crystallized poisonous chemicals.

LSD has nowhere near that kind of effect.  Even the happiest "bath salts" trip is nothing like LSD or other hallucinogens.  It's much more like taking ecstasy and then smoking a bunch of meth.  A recipe for disaster.

survivorinohio
by René on May. 29, 2012 at 8:50 PM

This argument is only winnable with autopsy results and I wouldnt know how to find them.  I had a terrible time looking for them in the Martin case and had to be linked by a helpful mama lol.

Quoting stormcris:

You are talking about a different drug than what this is. It is a street name given this not the known drug bath salts. This is something else just under the same name. It is not those bath salts. That was my whole reason for putting that out there in the first place. That is what I am trying to explain they have a street name for this calling it bath salts but it is not that designer drug bath salts although it may be another designer drug. 

Quoting survivorinohio:

Quoting stormcris:

LSD is what the people admitted taking and that is what they call this form of LSD on the street. Now is it really LSD ....that would require a scientist to test some that is bought. 

However, you can have LSD induced psychosis and LSD induced schizophrenia. But generally PCP makes you extremely strong and agressive and generally can take several bullets to stop a person who is on it. THere have been a lot of cases of this in the past. So I wonder if this is a mix of LSD and PCP.

Quoting survivorinohio:

Relating this crap with lsd is simply incorrect and an insult to all those fine government scientists that developed lsd. It is a stimulant that causes psychosis.  It is not lsd in any form.  Lsd is a specific chemical.

Quoting stormcris:

Quote:

Authorities suspect a new form of LSD called "bath salts" may have been responsible for Eugene's bizarre behavior.

It is not the bath salts that kids were abusing but a street name given to a new form of LSD.  Kinda like a certain strand of pot is called "Purple Crack". It isn't Crack but it is just a name.

Quoting Kate_Momof3:

It's not LSD. 

Quoting stormcris:

How far you go in life depends on your being: tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of both the weak and strong.  Because someday in life you would have been one or all of these.  GeorgeWashingtonCarver

stormcris
by Christy on May. 29, 2012 at 8:56 PM

It is not winnable by autopsy. I am not saying it was LSD. I am merely pointing out that the police said it was LSD and then the emergency room doctor said this form of LSD has a street name "bath salts". 

Now the hitherto of me believing this was simply LSD ....not going to happen this century. I was just pointing out they are not citing the commonly known drug called Bath Salts in this but a form of LSD known on the streets as bath salts. Perhaps the doctor would have confused less people if he had simply stuck with saying LSD like the police did. 

Adding it seems they want to blame LSD and if we were actually debating that I would gander that the responses would be different.*shrug* but maybe not.

Quoting survivorinohio:

This argument is only winnable with autopsy results and I wouldnt know how to find them.  I had a terrible time looking for them in the Martin case and had to be linked by a helpful mama lol.

Quoting stormcris:

Quoting survivorinohio:

Quoting stormcris:

Quoting survivorinohio:

Quoting stormcris:

Quote:

Quoting Kate_Momof3:

It's not LSD. 

Quoting stormcris:

Fear of serious injury alone cannot justify oppression of free speech and assembly. Men feared witches and burnt women. It is the function of speech to free men from the bondage of irrational fears.
Louis D. Brandeis
p1r4t3cr0pc1rcl
by on May. 29, 2012 at 9:02 PM
1 mom liked this

I kind of think the reason for it being said like that by both medical  and police, would be to make the public fear anything made by man off the streets, or cooked or messed with. 

People seem to forget the dangers or know them and think they can override it...til they are chewing a mans face off while naked under a bridge. 

Quoting stormcris:

It is not winnable by autopsy. I am not saying it was LSD. I am merely pointing out that the police said it was LSD and then the emergency room doctor said this form of LSD has a street name "bath salts". 

Now the hitherto of me believing this was simply LSD ....not going to happen this century. I was just pointing out they are not citing the commonly known drug called Bath Salts in this but a form of LSD known on the streets as bath salts. Perhaps the doctor would have confused less people if he had simply stuck with saying LSD like the police did. 

Adding it seems they want to blame LSD and if we were actually debating that I would gander that the responses would be different.*shrug* but maybe not.

Quoting survivorinohio:

stormcris
by Christy on May. 29, 2012 at 9:04 PM

That is a good point. 

Quoting p1r4t3cr0pc1rcl:

I kind of think the reason for it being said like that by both medical  and police, would be to make the public fear anything made by man off the streets, or cooked or messed with. 

People seem to forget the dangers or know them and think they can override it...til they are chewing a mans face off while naked under a bridge. 

Quoting stormcris:

Quoting survivorinohio:

Louis D. Brandeis
p1r4t3cr0pc1rcl
by on May. 29, 2012 at 9:32 PM

I mean if you think about it, we trust companies to do all of that safe shit for us, when in reality, no one knows how each individual brain works, even natural drugs could cause this type of reaction. 

Honestly, most many made drugs are not trustworthy, and even doctors are not either. They have to know so much, and know it within a time frame, that a mistake could be made, and BAM, you have this.

However, I dont think this is from a government thing...I think some people were stupid.

Quoting stormcris:

That is a good point. 

Quoting p1r4t3cr0pc1rcl:

Quoting stormcris:

Quoting survivorinohio:

stormcris
by Christy on May. 29, 2012 at 9:35 PM
3 moms liked this

I would imagine it could be people being stupid. I am still leaning toward something is very wrong in Florida though. LOL

Quoting p1r4t3cr0pc1rcl:

I mean if you think about it, we trust companies to do all of that safe shit for us, when in reality, no one knows how each individual brain works, even natural drugs could cause this type of reaction. 

Honestly, most many made drugs are not trustworthy, and even doctors are not either. They have to know so much, and know it within a time frame, that a mistake could be made, and BAM, you have this.

However, I dont think this is from a government thing...I think some people were stupid.

Quoting stormcris:

That is a good point. 

Quoting p1r4t3cr0pc1rcl:

Quoting stormcris:

Quoting survivorinohio:

Louis D. Brandeis
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN