Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

CALLING ALL PRO-CHOICERS - I WANT TO KNOW WHAT YOU THINK - WHERE DO YOU DRAW THE LINE?

Posted by on May. 31, 2012 at 12:34 PM
  • 275 Replies
1 mom liked this

Abortions are being done now, not for medical reasons, rape or unwanted pregnancies.  Abortions have added a new category.  Gender abortions.  Do you agree or disagree on this type of abortion.  I just saw the movie What to expect when you are expecting.  One of the couples were told they were going to have a girl and they actually had a boy.  So, if they wanted a boy and was told that they had a girl then got an abortion.... see my point. ( well don't answer that, that was something to think about).  I want to know what you think about gender abortions.  btw - I am  pro-life.

*ADDED AFTER ORIGINAL POST

I was telling my dh about the post. He said to ask do you agree with Dread Scott decision? When slavery was legal, they said blacks were not people and did not have any rights. My point, they weren't in anyone's uterus. This is our problem. When we say not my uterus, not my problem. It is our problem as a whole society. It sends out a message how we little we view life.

by on May. 31, 2012 at 12:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SilverSterling
by MrsSilverusSnape on May. 31, 2012 at 12:36 PM
6 moms liked this

Not my body Not my choice. This has been done for a while now its nothing new. 

Hannahluvsdogs
by New Member on May. 31, 2012 at 12:40 PM
7 moms liked this
I don't agree with gender abortions but that doesn't mean no one should be allowed to have one. I support the right to choose, period.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Radarma
by "OneDar" on May. 31, 2012 at 12:42 PM
4 moms liked this

Probably better than being born to parents who just don't want ya.

punky3175
by on May. 31, 2012 at 12:42 PM
6 moms liked this

How do you know people are getting abortions due to gender?

SFerber
by Member on May. 31, 2012 at 12:42 PM
3 moms liked this

I wish it were not even something we as human beings would consider. 

gdiamante
by Silver Member on May. 31, 2012 at 12:43 PM
3 moms liked this

That's been going on in China for many many many years. I seem to recall there was an issue in India as well.

Still the parents' choice. It's better than exposing the child to the elements, which is what they used to do.

Stephanie329
by Platinum Member on May. 31, 2012 at 12:43 PM
2 moms liked this
Not my business.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jillianmayasmom
by Bronze Member on May. 31, 2012 at 12:44 PM
1 mom liked this
This.

Quoting Hannahluvsdogs:

I don't agree with gender abortions but that doesn't mean no one should be allowed to have one. I support the right to choose, period.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SFerber
by Member on May. 31, 2012 at 12:44 PM

it is something that has hit the news hard recently...and from the reports this morning...it is very popular in certain cultures...even here in the US.  It has been done in CHINA for years but it has come to roost here now as well.  

Quoting punky3175:

How do you know people are getting abortions due to gender?

Nighttiger
by Bronze Member on May. 31, 2012 at 12:44 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't understand the thinking behind them at all, but its not my place to say what is right for someone else. Their body, their choice.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN