Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

CALLING ALL PRO-CHOICERS - I WANT TO KNOW WHAT YOU THINK - WHERE DO YOU DRAW THE LINE?

Abortions are being done now, not for medical reasons, rape or unwanted pregnancies.  Abortions have added a new category.  Gender abortions.  Do you agree or disagree on this type of abortion.  I just saw the movie What to expect when you are expecting.  One of the couples were told they were going to have a girl and they actually had a boy.  So, if they wanted a boy and was told that they had a girl then got an abortion.... see my point. ( well don't answer that, that was something to think about).  I want to know what you think about gender abortions.  btw - I am  pro-life.

*ADDED AFTER ORIGINAL POST

I was telling my dh about the post. He said to ask do you agree with Dread Scott decision? When slavery was legal, they said blacks were not people and did not have any rights. My point, they weren't in anyone's uterus. This is our problem. When we say not my uterus, not my problem. It is our problem as a whole society. It sends out a message how we little we view life.

by on May. 31, 2012 at 12:34 PM
Replies (231-240):
NutHouseMomma
by Silver Member on Jun. 2, 2012 at 3:58 AM
Great point!

Quoting violetlady:

If a fetus is not a human being or don't have Rigths because depends on their mother. What about those persons in a wheelchair, without movement on their hands or legs, or those impaired that depend on someone to help them or a machine to breath or feed them? They have rigths too .. so dependency doesn't define humanity .

Quoting purplerobin:

Quoting JanetMonroe1991:

Quoting purplerobin:

Quoting JanetMonroe1991:

People can try to take away those rights when acting on those rights can cause harm to someone else.

Which does not apply in this case.  

I don't understand why you think that, though-b/c while I understand fetuses/embryo's are dependent on their mother's bodies, I don't see why that makes them less of a human being, and therefore deserving of a right to live.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PurdueMom
by Sherri on Jun. 2, 2012 at 4:12 AM

It would be a great point if a fetus could survive outside its mother's womb.  A quadriplegic person is dependent upon others to help him survive, but he is still an independent human being whose survival does not depend upon another's body.

Quoting NutHouseMomma:

Great point!

Quoting violetlady:

If a fetus is not a human being or don't have Rigths because depends on their mother. What about those persons in a wheelchair, without movement on their hands or legs, or those impaired that depend on someone to help them or a machine to breath or feed them? They have rigths too .. so dependency doesn't define humanity .

Sherri

NutHouseMomma
by Silver Member on Jun. 2, 2012 at 8:07 AM
But a fetus can survive outside the womb just like those on life support and what have you , at a certain point.

Quoting PurdueMom:

It would be a great point if a fetus could survive outside its mother's womb.  A quadriplegic person is dependent upon others to help him survive, but he is still an independent human being whose survival does not depend upon another's body.

Quoting NutHouseMomma:

Great point!

Quoting violetlady:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PurdueMom
by Sherri on Jun. 2, 2012 at 1:02 PM
1 mom liked this

A fetus cannot survive outside its mother's uterus in the first trimester when elective abortions are legal and when most abortions occur.  In fact up until 20 weeks, the infant survival rate is 0% and only rises to 10% at 22 weeks. 

Quoting NutHouseMomma:

But a fetus can survive outside the womb just like those on life support and what have you , at a certain point.

Quoting PurdueMom:

Quoting NutHouseMomma:

Great point!

Quoting violetlady:

Sherri

mikiemom
by Ruby Member on Jun. 2, 2012 at 1:40 PM
1 mom liked this

I am pro-life. I think every woman gets to choose when and how many children to have. Guess what, gender is determined after the legal limit for abortions so this is a non-issue.

LauraKW
by "Dude!" on Jun. 2, 2012 at 7:00 PM
YOU are not shopping. Someone else can if they choose.

Quoting MeAndTommyLee:

That's not the point.  Mother Nature blesses you with a baby boy or girl -- YOU DON'T GET TO PICK.  YOU'RE NOT SHOPPING.

Quoting LauraKW:

That's your cop-out opinion and you're welcome to it. If you don't want a gender-based abortion, don't have one. If you don't want a "designer baby" don't have one.

Quoting MeAndTommyLee:

Sounds like a `cop-out' to me.  So now we have `designer babies'.  Our baby was `created' per our  request.  Glad I'm in my mid-40's now and won't have to live long enough to see the world distroyed by genetic selective humans, cloning, etc.  (Or whatever douchey labels that are sure to come.)

Quoting LauraKW:

We are to respect any legal medical procedure on which a man or woman and their respective doctors choose.

Quoting MeAndTommyLee:

I support and understand your position, but when does it end?  Are we to support everything and anything women do with their own bodies?  Any gender for that matter. 

Quoting chezlapin:

Freedom. If others decisions don't affect me or my life in any way, I have to accept it.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Redwall
by Silver Member on Jun. 2, 2012 at 7:01 PM
2 moms liked this

I don't believe in abortions.  Period.  And killing a girl because you wanted a boy?  Good lord!

jacquih1126
by Member on Jun. 3, 2012 at 1:28 AM

Quoting SilverSterling:

Not my body Not my choice. This has been done for a while now its nothing new. 

But I don't like it.

foxfroggy
by Bronze Member on Jun. 3, 2012 at 4:10 AM
1 mom liked this

In truth, saying you are "prolife"  really just means being pro forced pregnancy. It's none of my business or yours what another woman decides about a pregnancy.You may have any opinion you wish but where do you obtain the "right" to decide for anyone else? I had two chidren despite being high risk with lupus. One pregnancy had an additional and sobering risk factor to the potential child as well. My decision to continue the pregnancy was mine, not yours, not the government's and that's as it should be. If I had decided to terminate, I had the full support of my doctor and my husband. Such matters are personal and there is more than fetal life involved.

foxfroggy
by Bronze Member on Jun. 3, 2012 at 4:15 AM

And why should we believe anything a "Live Action" spy would say since they went in with an agenda to discredit Planned Parenthood? I've accompanied many young women to PP and never seen anything but honest and professional counselling about all options. There is in fact no need to have any "reason" to terminate within the legal time limits except that you don't want to continue the pregnancy. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)