Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

CALLING ALL PRO-CHOICERS - I WANT TO KNOW WHAT YOU THINK - WHERE DO YOU DRAW THE LINE?

Abortions are being done now, not for medical reasons, rape or unwanted pregnancies.  Abortions have added a new category.  Gender abortions.  Do you agree or disagree on this type of abortion.  I just saw the movie What to expect when you are expecting.  One of the couples were told they were going to have a girl and they actually had a boy.  So, if they wanted a boy and was told that they had a girl then got an abortion.... see my point. ( well don't answer that, that was something to think about).  I want to know what you think about gender abortions.  btw - I am  pro-life.

*ADDED AFTER ORIGINAL POST

I was telling my dh about the post. He said to ask do you agree with Dread Scott decision? When slavery was legal, they said blacks were not people and did not have any rights. My point, they weren't in anyone's uterus. This is our problem. When we say not my uterus, not my problem. It is our problem as a whole society. It sends out a message how we little we view life.

by on May. 31, 2012 at 12:34 PM
Replies (241-250):
batmansgirl
by Bronze Member on Jun. 3, 2012 at 10:41 AM

Quoting SilverSterling:

Not my body Not my choice. This has been done for a while now its nothing new. 

Yep

PestPatti
by on Jun. 3, 2012 at 10:48 AM
1 mom liked this

Abortions are legal,  and a reason is not required to get one.  

blessingsofmany
by Member on Jun. 3, 2012 at 11:28 AM

Quoting lalasha:

Well first of all not my body not my business and secondly this is being blown WAY out of proportion I didn't hear any one crying foul or having their heart bleed all over the floor when this was supposedly rampant in china which it never was and it isn't here either.

OMG!! You have not been listening to the news or papers.  Google the subject in China.  This has been happening for years now.  The governement will only allow them to have one child.  Please do your research.

blessingsofmany
by Member on Jun. 3, 2012 at 11:36 AM

I put an actually copy of the bill somewhere in this post.  NOT LIVE ACTION!

blessingsofmany
by Member on Jun. 3, 2012 at 11:43 AM

Quoting PurdueMom:

It would be a great point if a fetus could survive outside its mother's womb.  A quadriplegic person is dependent upon others to help him survive, but he is still an independent human being whose survival does not depend upon another's body.

Quoting NutHouseMomma:

Great point!

Quoting violetlady:

If a fetus is not a human being or don't have Rigths because depends on their mother. What about those persons in a wheelchair, without movement on their hands or legs, or those impaired that depend on someone to help them or a machine to breath or feed them? They have rigths too .. so dependency doesn't define humanity .

I was telling my dh about the post. He said to ask do you agree with Dread Scott decision? When slavery was legal, they said blacks were not people and did not have any rights. My point, they weren't in anyone's uterus. This is our problem. When we say not my uterus, not my problem. It is our problem as a whole society. It sends out a message how we little we view life.

PurdueMom
by Sherri on Jun. 3, 2012 at 12:11 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting blessingsofmany:
Quoting PurdueMom:

It would be a great point if a fetus could survive outside its mother's womb.  A quadriplegic person is dependent upon others to help him survive, but he is still an independent human being whose survival does not depend upon another's body.

Of course, I do not agree with the Dred Scott decision.  I also believe African-Americans are persons entitled to all the rights and equalities that come with personhood.  A fetus is not a person, but a potential person - so it does not have the rights of a person.

Before viability outside the womb, I do not believe a potential person (fetus) has any rights, including a right to life, since that right would then force precedence over the wishes of the person who owns the womb. 

I'll ask your husband a question:  One of your children needs a kidney transplant to survive.  You are the only donor match.  Does your child's right to life take precedence over your ownership of your kidney?  I'm not asking whether or not you would willingly donate your kidney -  most parents would - I'm asking whether your child's right to life takes precedence over your right to decide what happens with your own kidney?

Sherri

mamawmom
by on Jun. 3, 2012 at 12:32 PM

It just shows how sin sick this country has become.And using the excuse that it's not a baby just shows how sick . You can call black white all you want to but it will still be black.You can call a baby " just tissue" all you like but it's still a baby.To kill another human just because of what sex they are is no worse than killing them for any other reason.

SilverSterling
by MrsSilverusSnape on Jun. 3, 2012 at 5:07 PM

You dont have to like it. Its not your body.. Your body your choice. 

Quoting jacquih1126:

Quoting SilverSterling:

Not my body Not my choice. This has been done for a while now its nothing new. 

But I don't like it.

LumpySP
by Member on Jun. 3, 2012 at 5:13 PM

I wouldn't have an abortion unless the fetus was not going to live past birth, however that's my position and my choice. I have no right whatsoever to tell other women what to do with their own uteruses.

punky3175
by Punky on Jun. 3, 2012 at 5:19 PM
A bill does not mean its actually happening here. Just that some people will do whatever they can to control a woman's access to abortion.

Quoting blessingsofmany:

I put an actually copy of the bill somewhere in this post.  NOT LIVE ACTION!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured