Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Futureshock

Posted by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 3:15 PM
  • 63 Replies
9 moms liked this
What do you think about single moms who started out struggling, but are now doing great, in an upper class, 2 parent family? Do you think the end justifies the means? I don't understand your stance on single moms, at all. :(

Lawd knows, the first few years were hell. 2 kids at 18. Mistakes were made, grave mistakes. But, here we are with everything going amazingly well. Those mistakes have worked themselves out over time, my kids have every opportunity available out there, & are bright, successful children. They suffer no ill effects from their time spent living in 'poverty'. In fact, because of those experiences, they are truly empathetic to their classmates who have less than they do.

I truly feel like you view things in black & white, entirely too much. What about all of the positive lessons that come from going through hard times? What about all those tough times that build character?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 3:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Ariellasmom
by Member on Jun. 1, 2012 at 3:49 PM
yea, you do learn from those type of experiences too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
babyspots17
by Bronze Member on Jun. 1, 2012 at 4:09 PM
I think they did what you should do get your self out of a shitty situation and got themselves and families in a better life.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
katy_kay08
by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 4:14 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't internalize the opinions of the women on this site.  I've not found that majority aren't all that rational in most situations.  

I was a single mother for a number of years.  I didn't start out single, but made the decision to leave an abusive husband.  I certainly don't feel shame over leaving. 

I've now been with my husband for 14 years and married for 10.  Life was not easy but I certainly wasn't looking to strangers to make it easier and so I see no point in looking to strangers to judge it after the fact.  

punky3175
by Punky on Jun. 1, 2012 at 4:30 PM
OP - I'll be interested to see if you actually get an answer. I've asked her the same thing many times and never gotten an answer. In fact. As soon as I ask she stops engaging.

Maybe addin her full SN will let her know it's a question for her.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cake.Lady
by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 4:38 PM
Oh, I'm not. I was just using myself as an example, & curious as to why she's so black & white, statistically minded. I don't think I've ever seen her discuss any positive, emotional effects before.

Quoting katy_kay08:

I don't internalize the opinions of the women on this site.  I've not found that majority aren't all that rational in most situations.  

I was a single mother for a number of years.  I didn't start out single, but made the decision to leave an abusive husband.  I certainly don't feel shame over leaving. 

I've now been with my husband for 14 years and married for 10.  Life was not easy but I certainly wasn't looking to strangers to make it easier and so I see no point in looking to strangers to judge it after the fact.  

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
katy_kay08
by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 4:39 PM

I don't know who you are talking about and didn't realize this post was a call out.  

Quoting Cake.Lady:

Oh, I'm not. I was just using myself as an example, & curious as to why she's so black & white, statistically minded. I don't think I've ever seen her discuss any positive, emotional effects before.

Quoting katy_kay08:

TruthSeeker.
by Milami on Jun. 1, 2012 at 4:42 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting punky3175:

OP - I'll be interested to see if you actually get an answer. I've asked her the same thing many times and never gotten an answer. In fact. As soon as I ask she stops engaging.

No no! Don't do that Op. Call out posts are not allowed!

It seems like this post is directed towards one person. I would try to quote that one person and ask her this in the post it originated in.

I can only assume the other poster has negative feelings or opinions of single mothers? If so, don't let it bother you. It seems like you have made lemonade out of the lemons in your life:)

Cake.Lady
by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 4:44 PM
She doesn't bother me lol. I'm just curious, & I enjoy discussing topics with her :)

I don't understand where she comes from, a lot of times, so I'm just wanting to hear her thoughts.

Quoting TruthSeeker.:

Quoting punky3175:

It seems like this post is directed towards one person. I would try to quote that one person and ask her this in the post it originated in.

I can only assume the other poster has negative feelings or opinions of single mothers? If so, don't let it bother you. It seems like you have made lemonade out of the lemons in your life:)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
katy_kay08
by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 4:45 PM

call outs violate the TOS

punky3175
by Punky on Jun. 1, 2012 at 4:45 PM
Is it really a call out if the OP just has a question for her that she wants to discuss? OP isn't attacking her. Eh what do I know.

Quoting TruthSeeker.:

Quoting punky3175:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured