Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So I was reading through threads today and the last one I read through spawned this thread.  

What have you learned from cafemom or what has cafemom taught you?

Serious or funny - I don't care.  I'm always looking to learn something new.

I'll post some of mine a little later this afternoon (once I get on the train.) 

by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 3:52 PM
Replies (21-30):
TruthSeeker.
by Milami on Jun. 1, 2012 at 4:09 PM
5 moms liked this

Breast is best.

The proper way to restrain a child in a car seat.

To not poke crazy.

That I can have strong personal beliefs and still respect and support the rights of All citizens in the US.

That online friends are just as valuable(and maybe even more-so) as real life friends.

That ideas and thoughts don't always come out on the computer the way they are in your head.

Trolls really do exist.

How to prepare for a Zombie Apocalypse(Thanks Momnicient).

Strong opinions do not equal hate.

Hectictracy
by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 4:10 PM
1 mom liked this
I've learned there is so much more negative people than I thought there was. Also, a lot of people get very angry if you have an opinion... I've never seen so much hostility! Oh, and I've learned I'm a horrible mom because I did not breastfeed my children.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
muslimahpj
by Ruby Member on Jun. 1, 2012 at 4:10 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Sekirei:

Quoting muslimahpj:

That there are more closed minded, bigots, racists, etc in the world than I originally thought.

just know that I lurv you and that is all that matters 

I lurv you too. 

blowing kisses

TruthSeeker.
by Milami on Jun. 1, 2012 at 4:10 PM
5 moms liked this

Oh, and no matter what you do, to never ever ever google 2 girls 1 cup! And I mean Never!!!

Sekirei
by Nari Trickster on Jun. 1, 2012 at 4:13 PM
3 moms liked this

Quoting TruthSeeker.:

Oh, and not matter what you do, to never ever ever google 2 girls 1 cup! And I mean Never!!!

and blue waffle!!!

chezlapin
by Member on Jun. 1, 2012 at 4:14 PM
2 moms liked this

1st step - I read and read and read... I found out I'm a normal bitch and not alone

step 2- Learned that is OK to use cussing words if you are upset (not to insult anyone). Now my DH and I do it when we are jocking, never in a serious conversation or in public. Great stress reliever!!

step 3- I know now we learn a lot with the ones who don't agree with us. Good, bad or indifferent, I considered any answer or criticism.

step 4- I know now I can't stand people who want to force their believes on me. That turns on my bitch switch

After 4 or 5 years on CM I learned how to be selective and ignore stupidity until I find a cure for it

Guy www.chezlapinjustastepmom.com 

punky3175
by Punky on Jun. 1, 2012 at 4:14 PM
1 mom liked this
When I first signed up with CM that was going around. It very well may be why I took such a long break.

Quoting TruthSeeker.:

Oh, and not matter what you do, to never ever ever google 2 girls 1 cup! And I mean Never!!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
punky3175
by Punky on Jun. 1, 2012 at 4:14 PM
1 mom liked this
I really wanna hurt the 'friend' who told me about that.

Quoting Sekirei:

Quoting TruthSeeker.:

and blue waffle!!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Euphoric
by Thumper kid spanks on Jun. 1, 2012 at 4:15 PM

I've never seen it, but I here it's really disgusting.

Quoting punky3175:

When I first signed up with CM that was going around. It very well may be why I took such a long break.

Quoting TruthSeeker.:

www.cafemom.com/group/116692
punky3175
by Punky on Jun. 1, 2012 at 4:15 PM
Please let me know when you find that cure.

Quoting chezlapin:

1st step - I read and read and read... I found out I'm a normal bitch and not alone

step 2- Learned that is OK to use cussing words if you are upset (not to insult anyone). Now my DH and I do it when we are jocking, never in a serious conversation or in public. Great stress reliever!!

step 3- I know now we learn a lot with the ones who don't agree with us. Good, bad or indifferent, I considered any answer or criticism.

step 4- I know now I can't stand people who want to force their believes on me. That turns on my bitch switch

After 4 or 5 years on CM I learned how to be selective and ignore stupidity until I find a cure for it

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured