Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

S/O What is American culture?

Posted by   + Show Post

?

by on Jun. 8, 2012 at 12:06 PM
Replies (11-20):
romalove
by Roma on Jun. 8, 2012 at 12:19 PM

Quoting krysstizzle:

Let's just go ahead and state the obvious: american culture is ranch dressing.

Ewwww lol

Peanutx3
by Ruby Member on Jun. 8, 2012 at 12:22 PM
2 moms liked this

Here is my take on American Culture.  It is a mix of every culture out there.  We are a country of immigrants who all brought a bit of their culture with them.  American culture is not just apple pie and country music.  It is a culture all its own because it is a mix of a lot of different cultures.  I am not sure if I am explaining it exactly the way it sounds in my head.

Peanutx3
by Ruby Member on Jun. 8, 2012 at 12:23 PM
1 mom liked this

That is how I look at American culture.

Quoting MyJaidon:

Seriously, America is a melting pot, so of course our culture is going to reflect our diversity. Almost everything that could be deemed "American" is borrowed by somewhere else. Some wouldn't like to admit it but it's the truth.

punky3175
by on Jun. 8, 2012 at 12:23 PM
3 moms liked this

Fast food restaraunts.

Tanya93
by on Jun. 8, 2012 at 12:24 PM
1 mom liked this

Big Gulps?

smalltowngal
by Platinum Member on Jun. 8, 2012 at 12:25 PM
2 moms liked this
Nascar, American football, baseball.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
illegallyblonde
by Lawyerupbeeches on Jun. 8, 2012 at 12:27 PM
1 mom liked this
Aside from the obvious of being a melting pot. I travel outside the US a lot. Here are things that many people tell me about our culture: Cowboys, cowboy boots, cowboy hats, line dancing, square dancing, football, baseball, big cars, big roads, loud, BBQ, hot girls and fat guys... Just to name a few.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Wydowness
by Member on Jun. 8, 2012 at 12:28 PM
Haha!

Quoting krysstizzle:

Let's just go ahead and state the obvious: american culture is ranch dressing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Traci_Momof2
by Silver Member on Jun. 8, 2012 at 12:28 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting MyJaidon:

Seriously, America is a melting pot, so of course our culture is going to reflect our diversity. Almost everything that could be deemed "American" is borrowed by somewhere else. Some wouldn't like to admit it but it's the truth.

This is what I was thinking because unless you are Native American, pretty much everything about our heritage and culture originated from some other country.  I think "melting pot" is our culture.  That is the one thing that makes us unique.  I don't believe (correct me if I'm wrong) that there is any other country that has such a mixture of cultures and heritages as we have.

smalltowngal
by Platinum Member on Jun. 8, 2012 at 12:30 PM
Hot dogs, smores, most things found on an appetizer platter. Do other countries eat things like buffollo chicken, potato skins or mini Philly cheese steak sandwhiches.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)