Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

why would it be bad if all street drugs were legalized?

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2012 at 12:13 AM
  • 194 Replies
2 moms liked this
I just want to know what your opinions are :)
To me it seems like if things like heroin were only administered at clinics (like methadone) we would be paying less for them to be in jail (I would prefer the focus to be on murderers, rapists and thieves). Regulate other things (ecstasy, cocaine etc.) and just let adults be adults. The consequences for being out of control would remain the same like losing your job or your family just like for alcoholics. I just don't understand thinking that you can tell people what they can and can't do on their own time if it isn't hurting others.
There are TONS of legal drugs much more harmful than these and I don't get what makes one less of a drug than another.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 9, 2012 at 12:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
stormcris
by Christy on Jun. 9, 2012 at 12:16 AM
6 moms liked this

I agree with drug legalization. Prohibition never stopped anything.

WesAndNicksMom
by on Jun. 9, 2012 at 12:18 AM
That's what I'm saying. People who have never so much as smoked marijuana wouldn't magically be moved to try heroin.

Quoting stormcris:

I agree with drug legalization. Prohibition never stopped anything.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
prego122211
by Member on Jun. 9, 2012 at 12:18 AM

more people would try it if it was legal...like alchol, everyone trys it once there 21 if they didnt before

WesAndNicksMom
by on Jun. 9, 2012 at 12:20 AM
But if most were like a prescription it wouldn't be. There is just as much stigma around pill poppers as there is about drug addicts of any sort.

Quoting prego122211:

more people would try it if it was legal...like alchol, everyone trys it once there 21 if they didnt before

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
WesAndNicksMom
by on Jun. 9, 2012 at 12:22 AM
Maybe it's just where I grew up (rural) but most people I know tried harder drugs but did not grow up to be addicts.

Quoting prego122211:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
babymine
by on Jun. 9, 2012 at 12:22 AM
2 moms liked this

I agree with legalizing weed, but not heroin, coke, ecstasy, and harder drugs.  I had a major drug problem as a teenager and if it were legal I would have killed myself on it.  The only thing that kept me alive was having to search soooo hard for it and not finding it half the time, forcing me to have breaks from it.

BonneVie
by Member on Jun. 9, 2012 at 12:45 AM
2 moms liked this
From one addict to another CONGRATS on getting clean.

Quoting babymine:

I agree with legalizing weed, but not heroin, coke, ecstasy, and harder drugs.  I had a major drug problem as a teenager and if it were legal I would have killed myself on it.  The only thing that kept me alive was having to search soooo hard for it and not finding it half the time, forcing me to have breaks from it.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Joels-My-Love
by on Jun. 9, 2012 at 12:50 AM
Same here since March 10 2006

Quoting BonneVie:

From one addict to another CONGRATS on getting clean.

Quoting babymine:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gsprofval
by Silver Member on Jun. 9, 2012 at 1:16 AM
6 moms liked this

Do you really want the bus driver taking your kid to and from school high on anything? Or the semi driver high? Just a thought.

FireBoltDancer
by on Jun. 9, 2012 at 1:30 AM
6 moms liked this

I don't believe there is any such thing as a "victimless crime".  I'm sorry, but someone is ALWAYS affected by the choice others make to do drugs.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN