Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Man gets Zimmerman's phone number, threatening calls

ยป  Comments | Post a Comment

An Orlando man says T-Mobile gave him the cellphone number formerly used by George Zimmerman. He also received a nonstop plethora of threatening calls intended for Zimmerman, who fatally shot Trayvon Martin.

The Orlando Sentinel reported that Junior Alexander Guy, 49, had to move out of his home because of safety concerns. He also had to move his mother, who lived with him.

Guy told the Sentinel he bought the phone May 7 and received more than 70 threatening calls. He turned the phone over to an attorney, who kept it in a safe.

T-Mobile agreed to change the number and is retiring it.

Guy is asking T-Mobile to pay damages. The company refused, and a spokesman said it provided an account credit and waived an early termination fee.

Guy was released from prison last year after serving 19 years on a cocaine trafficking charge, according to state records. He told the Sentinel this was the first time he had purchase a cellphone.

Zimmerman recited the phone number to a police dispatcher the night of the shooting, and a recording of the 911 call was made public.

In February, Zimmerman was serving as a volunteer watchman at a Sanford gated community and shot Martin, a teen walking to a home where he was staying with his father.

Zimmerman, 28, was charged with second-degree murder and has pleaded not guilty. He is being held at a Seminole County jail with no bail.

by on Jun. 10, 2012 at 9:11 AM
Replies (51-52):
katy_kay08
by on Jun. 10, 2012 at 10:15 PM

Had a great day today.  Husband picked up a commuter car so that is one less thing on the list before we can make the move and then spent the afternoon at a friend's baby shower.  My husband went with me (we were told it was for families) and he was the only guy there.  He was such a good sport.  :) 

Quoting charleyd68:

Not Too Bad,I Got Hub's Father's day present. Now My Son and Two SIL to go. YAY.

How About You? Good I hope.

Quoting katy_kay08:

*waves to Charley*  I hope you had a great weekend!

Quoting charleyd68:

YEP! *SMILE* FOR KK!how are you

Quoting katy_kay08:

I'm a bit surprised tmobile reused the number so soon.   I find myself wondering if the calls were really for Zimmerman or if they were some of his old associates getting back in touch.  

As for the threatening calls, people are crazy.  

charleyd68
by Platinum Member on Jun. 10, 2012 at 11:02 PM

He'll get you later,LOL! I am glad you had a good weekend!love you sign

Quoting katy_kay08:

Had a great day today.  Husband picked up a commuter car so that is one less thing on the list before we can make the move and then spent the afternoon at a friend's baby shower.  My husband went with me (we were told it was for families) and he was the only guy there.  He was such a good sport.  :) 

Quoting charleyd68:

Not Too Bad,I Got Hub's Father's day present. Now My Son and Two SIL to go. YAY.

How About You? Good I hope.

Quoting katy_kay08:

*waves to Charley*  I hope you had a great weekend!

Quoting charleyd68:

YEP! *SMILE* FOR KK!how are you

Quoting katy_kay08:

I'm a bit surprised tmobile reused the number so soon.   I find myself wondering if the calls were really for Zimmerman or if they were some of his old associates getting back in touch.  

As for the threatening calls, people are crazy.  

The only way Evil can triumph is for good women to do nothing!

*REAL TALK*

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN