Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Thoughts?

http://www.cnn.com/2012/06/11/justice/texas-abuser-killed/index.html

Sheriff: Father kills man sexually abusing his daughter

(CNN) -- A Texas father caught a man sexually assaulting his 4-year-old daughter and punched him in the head repeatedly, killing him, authorities said.

The father was casually acquainted with the alleged abuser, said Lavaca County Sheriff Micah Harmon.

Neither has been publicly identified.

The girl was left inside the family's house during the social gathering, while other members of her family were tending to horses, the sheriff said.

The alleged abuser was known for his horse-grooming abilities, Harmon said.

The father returned to the house, caught the man in the act, and stopped him by striking him in the head several times, Harmon said.

The man was pronounced dead on the scene, while the daughter was taken to a local hospital in Victoria, Texas, for examinations before being released.

The incident took place Saturday.

Harmon described the girl as "OK besides the obvious mental trauma."

Asked whether they would press charges against the father, the sheriff responded, "You have a right to defend your daughter. He acted in defense of his third person. Once the investigation is completed we will submit it to the district attorney who then submits it to the grand jury, who will decide if they will indict him."

Harmon described the dad as "very remorseful," adding that he didn't know the man was going to die.

Authorities were withholding the deceased man's name while they notified next of kin. Officials did not know immediately if he has a prior criminal history.

Sexy If its unladylike, fattening or fun, I'm in!

by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 3:01 PM
Replies (21-30):
Tanya93
by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 3:46 PM
3 moms liked this

This is Texas.   He is not screwed

Quoting Veni.Vidi.Vici.:

He caused the death of that man. I probably would have tried to cause his death. Legally, he's screwed. I hope if the charges go to the grand jury they won't idict him.

JonJon
by Ruby Member on Jun. 11, 2012 at 3:47 PM

All these "He had a right to kill" replies with basically no proof what the assailant said happened, happened. 

Very surprising.

I believe that without evidence to support what he alleged happened, he needs to go to jail for at least manslaughter.

I hope they did a rape kit on the child.  It might be dad's dna they find.

Orbie1985
by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 3:47 PM
1 mom liked this

it's self defense of his child who couldn't protect herself. He had that right.  If they do indict him, he can plead temporary insanity and get off. He shouldn't rot in jail at all. 

party_of_5
by Member on Jun. 11, 2012 at 3:48 PM

No, he was defending his child. I fon't think he meant to kill the man, just went a bit far. Now he won't be able to hurt another child.

JakeandEmmasMom
by Platinum Member on Jun. 11, 2012 at 3:48 PM
2 moms liked this
I would have done the sme thing. So, I'm going with, "No, he shouldn't be charged."
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sherry132
by Silver Member on Jun. 11, 2012 at 3:49 PM
1 mom liked this

The did a rape kit. She got treatment for the assult. 

And if they had any doubts to his story (like his daughter saying something else) then they would have arrested him. 

Quoting JonJon:

All these "He had a right to kill" replies with basically no proof what the assailant said happened, happened. 

Very surprising.

I believe that without evidence to support what he alleged happened, he needs to go to jail for at least manslaughter.

I hope they did a rape kit on the child.  It might be dad's dna they find.

zagomez
by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 3:49 PM
1 mom liked this

i think i or my husband would have done the same damn thing! im sorry but your not touching my little girl. I can only imagine the horror in the dad when he seen what has happening. If he would of not intervene, a 4 year old baby would have been raped! Im going to pray for him not to get jail time, he was defending his innocent little girl.

TCgirlatheart
by TC on Jun. 11, 2012 at 3:50 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't know.  If anything I could completely buy temporary insanity, because I know I would have a very visceral, physical reaction to seeing anyone do that to my kid.  

Something "involuntary" then, I guess.  

~ I am in love with a boy, Manufactured to destroy, I shall unravel my love,Like an old red woolen glove, I can do anything I want to, I can do anything I want anything my heart tells me to do~

rayroe2
by Bronze Member on Jun. 11, 2012 at 3:51 PM

he was protecting his child! if he gets charged with anything, then this is just a sad world we have to live in!

MrsRinehart2010
by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 3:53 PM

nope sure wouldnt, he has possibly saved one more chid from getting touched by the nasty perv and now the tax payers dont have to pay to take care of the nasty p.o.s. I say good going dad. I dont think he should be charged one bit. I would have intentionally killed the nasty p.o.s

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN