Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Thoughts?

http://www.cnn.com/2012/06/11/justice/texas-abuser-killed/index.html

Sheriff: Father kills man sexually abusing his daughter

(CNN) -- A Texas father caught a man sexually assaulting his 4-year-old daughter and punched him in the head repeatedly, killing him, authorities said.

The father was casually acquainted with the alleged abuser, said Lavaca County Sheriff Micah Harmon.

Neither has been publicly identified.

The girl was left inside the family's house during the social gathering, while other members of her family were tending to horses, the sheriff said.

The alleged abuser was known for his horse-grooming abilities, Harmon said.

The father returned to the house, caught the man in the act, and stopped him by striking him in the head several times, Harmon said.

The man was pronounced dead on the scene, while the daughter was taken to a local hospital in Victoria, Texas, for examinations before being released.

The incident took place Saturday.

Harmon described the girl as "OK besides the obvious mental trauma."

Asked whether they would press charges against the father, the sheriff responded, "You have a right to defend your daughter. He acted in defense of his third person. Once the investigation is completed we will submit it to the district attorney who then submits it to the grand jury, who will decide if they will indict him."

Harmon described the dad as "very remorseful," adding that he didn't know the man was going to die.

Authorities were withholding the deceased man's name while they notified next of kin. Officials did not know immediately if he has a prior criminal history.

Sexy If its unladylike, fattening or fun, I'm in!

by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 3:01 PM
Replies (41-50):
JoshRachelsMAMA
by JRM on Jun. 11, 2012 at 4:18 PM
2 moms liked this
Smh

Quoting JonJon:

For all we know, he killed the guy because the guy walked in on HIM sexually assaulting his own four-year-old and he didn't want anyone to find out he wasn't good ol' Joe from Pocano.

I mean, who leaves a four-year-old alone in the house while they tend to the horses?  She would have been with them with a brush learning to groom the horses.  She only would have been home with a caretaker.  I say the caretaker was Daddy Dearest.

The article is brief and probably doesn't contain all the details but what there is so far makes the dad's story very hinky.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wickedfiress
by Kellie on Jun. 11, 2012 at 4:18 PM

"Crime of Passion" comes to mind here.

My MIL's brother was in prison for this EXACT thing. 10 years for killing the man he caught raping his 11 year old daughter.  He got the minimum, but the judge went on record as saying "You did this town a favor." 

JonJon
by Ruby Member on Jun. 11, 2012 at 4:19 PM

JP, I don't know who you are.  I guess we've gotten along or I'd know you but I don't really commit people to memory unless they are outlandishly bad or amazingly good. 

I don't understand how or why you have decided I'm "so dead set decided that the father is the one who did this."  I don't know if anything was done to the daughter, at all.  None of us do. 

Why would I be upset?  Neither guy is my husband and the girl isn't my child.  I'm just commenting the way everyone else is.  I'm unique in that I see things differently than others do, is one way to look at this.  I am surprised that the people who would usually be saying they need more information are so easily overlooking the lack of proof contained in the article. 

It doesn't upset me how the rest of you think.  That's your right.  It's silly to let internet strangers upset you.

Quoting JP-StrongForTwo:

ok jonjon, you know i love you. We have always gotten along. 

but why are you so dead set decided that the father is the one who did this? 

and you seem very upset. are you ok? you know you can talk to us anytime you need. *hugs* 

Quoting JonJon:

All these "He had a right to kill" replies with basically no proof what the assailant said happened, happened. 

Very surprising.

I believe that without evidence to support what he alleged happened, he needs to go to jail for at least manslaughter.

I hope they did a rape kit on the child.  It might be dad's dna they find.

survivorinohio
by René on Jun. 11, 2012 at 4:21 PM

The four yr olds around me are very vocal and the police know how to talk to kids so why the suspicion that this isnt what happened?

How far you go in life depends on your being: tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of both the weak and strong.  Because someday in life you would have been one or all of these.  GeorgeWashingtonCarver

JonJon
by Ruby Member on Jun. 11, 2012 at 4:21 PM

Please.  For once, control yourselves and don't make this article a chance to put ME on trial. We all have a right to express ourselves and to do it with the confidence it won't result in a gang bang.

Quoting JoshRachelsMAMA:

Smh

Quoting JonJon:

For all we know, he killed the guy because the guy walked in on HIM sexually assaulting his own four-year-old and he didn't want anyone to find out he wasn't good ol' Joe from Pocano.

I mean, who leaves a four-year-old alone in the house while they tend to the horses?  She would have been with them with a brush learning to groom the horses.  She only would have been home with a caretaker.  I say the caretaker was Daddy Dearest.

The article is brief and probably doesn't contain all the details but what there is so far makes the dad's story very hinky.

JoshRachelsMAMA
by JRM on Jun. 11, 2012 at 4:22 PM
2 moms liked this
Excuse me, but I was exercising my right to express myself. If you're into gang bangs,it has nothing to do with me.

Carry on.
Quoting JonJon:

Please.  For once, control yourselves and don't make this article a chance to put ME on trial. We all have a right to express ourselves and to do it with the confidence it won't result in a gang bang.

Quoting JoshRachelsMAMA:

Smh

Quoting JonJon:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JonJon
by Ruby Member on Jun. 11, 2012 at 4:22 PM

Ew, because it happens. 

Quoting zagomez:

ew, why would you even say that?!
its called a father protecting his baby girl

Quoting JonJon:

All these "He had a right to kill" replies with basically no proof what the assailant said happened, happened. 

Very surprising.

I believe that without evidence to support what he alleged happened, he needs to go to jail for at least manslaughter.

SLTmom
by Silver Member on Jun. 11, 2012 at 4:23 PM
Not necessarily. He walked in, and witnessed it; heat of passion defense.

Quoting Veni.Vidi.Vici.:

He caused the death of that man. I probably would have tried to cause his death. Legally, he's screwed. I hope if the charges go to the grand jury they won't idict him.

"I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief"  Gerry Spence

JonJon
by Ruby Member on Jun. 11, 2012 at 4:25 PM

LOL!  You really said that despite my writing I'd appreciate not being gang-banged, for once? 

I carry-on every chance I get.

Quoting JoshRachelsMAMA:

Excuse me, but I was exercising my right to express myself. If you're into gang bangs,it has nothing to do with me.

Carry on.
Quoting JonJon:

Quoting JoshRachelsMAMA:

Smh

Quoting JonJon:

SLTmom
by Silver Member on Jun. 11, 2012 at 4:27 PM
Hey, crazier things have been known to happen? Right?

But, they did bring the child to the hospital, and I'm sure a thorough exam was done.

If the dad is telling the truth, I wouldn't file charges though.

Quoting JonJon:

Very surprising.

"I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief"  Gerry Spence

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN