Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

How much television do you watch

Posted by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 3:45 PM
  • 36 Replies

How much television do you watch daily?  Do you generally have it on as background noise?  

Prior to cutting our cable back to the very basic of basic channels the television was on most of the day.  The best thing we did was cut it way back and now we can go days without ever turning it on.  

by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 3:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
punky3175
by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 3:48 PM
I watch way too much. If I'm home it's probably on. I'd say probably 3 hours a day.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cacophobia06
by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 3:49 PM

Too much!  I have finally gotten myself to be "ok" without the background noise of the tv, and I now I am actually less stressed.  Too much stimulation I think.  I could still watch it like four hours straight late at night and not notice all the time go by.

hollinicole
by Member on Jun. 11, 2012 at 3:50 PM
Its on but I never watch it but maybe an hour at night
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JakeandEmmasMom
by Platinum Member on Jun. 11, 2012 at 3:51 PM
I have a few shows that I really like to watch. The kids each get to pick one show in the morning while they are waking up and having breakfast. Besides that it's off. I don't feel the need for background noise like I did before having kids. I welcome the rare moments of silence.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ChancesMommy07
by Silver Member on Jun. 11, 2012 at 3:51 PM

I turn it on the music channels that are just music. No videos, just the title of the songs that bounces around on the screen. I love those channels. I can leave it on those all day.

Euphoric
by Bazinga! on Jun. 11, 2012 at 3:53 PM

Maybe an hour or two a week.

UpSheRises
by Platinum Member on Jun. 11, 2012 at 3:55 PM

I have erratic tv watching habits. I guess i'm a binge tv watcher. I don't watch much tv...never have it on a background, but i can get sucked into a marathon on occasion. I do like to watch tv when i am folding laundry so i guess i watch at least 3 hours a week, not including morning and evening news.

I'd rather not have cable. I can get anything i want from the interwebs.

momtoscott
by Platinum Member on Jun. 11, 2012 at 3:57 PM

Not a lot.  I keep it on as background when I make dinner.  I am almost always doing something else when the TV is on, there are no shows that I really watch every week or paying close attention. 

JessicaN27
by Bronze Member on Jun. 11, 2012 at 3:58 PM

I rarely watch it at all, but DW watches it a lot

MomofNikki2010
by Silver Member on Jun. 11, 2012 at 4:00 PM

Besides Barney once, MAYBE twice a day, not much. We try to catch sports games and try to DVR some shows that we like, but rarely get to actually enjoy them. I cannot stand having the television on for background noise!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)