Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

How much television do you watch

Posted by   + Show Post

How much television do you watch daily?  Do you generally have it on as background noise?  

Prior to cutting our cable back to the very basic of basic channels the television was on most of the day.  The best thing we did was cut it way back and now we can go days without ever turning it on.  

by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 3:45 PM
Replies (31-36):
fullxbusymom
by Bronze Member on Jun. 12, 2012 at 8:43 AM

It is on from the moment I wake up till I go to bed.  Usually for noise.  We even leave it on for the dog when we aren't home.  I won't ever go without my cable and TV.  No way.

MeAndTommyLee
by Platinum Member on Jun. 12, 2012 at 8:53 AM

Don't get cable or regular tv so the answer is very little.  If I do watch anything it is mostly documentaries or one of the many kids shows Nefflix offers.

Raintree
by Ruby Member on Jun. 12, 2012 at 9:26 AM

When I'm cleaning, I'll have something on to listen to while I work. Music spaces me out, but if it's a familiar story I get things done. Keeps me from getting distracted- basically it's a tool I use to keep my slightly ADD mind from wandering during jobs. It works.

But only if it's something I've seen a million times. Andy Griffith maybe. Lucy. Victor Meldrew. Anything with Paul Eddington in it. Or Patricia Routledge. I barely watch what's on right now.

But when I'm studying or reading, I tend to need absolute silence. I'm a quiet corner person, generally. I do need a lot of quiet. Which is difficult to obtain with four kids running around:) They watch maybe 1/2 hour a day.

collectivecow
by Gold Member on Jun. 12, 2012 at 9:27 AM

I don't watch television: I will on ocassion have a show series that I watch, will end up taking 2-3 hours of my time a week.

Mom2Ayden0406
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 9:33 AM

We don't watch television at all.  I had my cable shut off 7 years ago.

EmmasMom0305
by Bronze Member on Jun. 12, 2012 at 3:33 PM

Quoting wickedfiress:

Quoting EmmasMom0305:

I used to only watch in the evenings, then I got Netflix and now I can shut the darn thing off. I keep finding new shows lol.

It's not my fault..... 

Nope, not at all :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN