Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

I'll be honest: my kids are freaking adorable. They're little and sweet, say the darndest things, and are gernerally very well-behaved in public. I get complimented on them all the time, and I try to be gracious about it. 

But I do not post my children online very often. For every 100 pictures I take, I'd be surprised if even one makes it to my facebook page. Maybe I'll post them at the beach, or dancing with me at a party, or in costumes.

I do NOT take and post pictures of my children sleeping, eating, posing together, or doing any other mundane tasks.

So I seem to have a visceral reaction to others when they do that. I get a daily update on my one friend's napping child. DAILY. Pictures of children smiling with 20 comments along the lines of, "ZOMG so freaking cute I want to eat his/her face and slobber all over that cutey cutey babay!!!!!11!!!eleventy!!!" It actually pisses me off... even though I do love children, and am even related to some of them.

Am I alone here? What do you think?

Knowledge is Power

Smart Chicks (a debate forum)
      www.cafemom.com/group/smartchicks2

by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 11:48 PM
Replies (31-40):
turtle68
by Mahinaarangi on Jun. 12, 2012 at 1:08 AM

Quoting NWP:

I think you would not like my facebook page:)

But seriously, I live far away from all my family and facebook is the best way to get photos of the grandkids to the only folks who love my kids as much as me...

me too! I love getting updates on my nieces and nephews...most are big now, but I still love seeing them and their antics.

My niece and nephew both had new babies and I just think theyre adorable and love getting the updates. 

wickedfiress
by Kellie on Jun. 12, 2012 at 1:30 AM

I do the same type of thing as your friend... but we live 4,000 miles away from all of our family, so it's really the only way they get to see all that kind of thing.

trippyhippy
by Gold Member on Jun. 12, 2012 at 2:35 AM
2 moms liked this

Yeah, you would hate my FB too.  That shit might as well be called the Lucky Chronicles there is so much stuff about him.  But I'm sorry, this kid is a stunner and needs to be seen. :-)

kam013
by Silver Member on Jun. 12, 2012 at 7:34 AM
2 moms liked this

That's funny because that is kinda why I am on FB in the first place . . .  to reconnect with old friends, keep in touch with family.  What better way to do that than with pictures of themselves, their children. 

I actually get bored with all the random posts . . . show me some pictures or I will delete you!!  LOL

wenchmommy381
by Wenchy on Jun. 12, 2012 at 8:21 AM
Perhaps I wasn't clear...I don't mind that people post these pics. Clearly they are not for me. And I'd never begrudge a person for posting them to share with who are far away. That's why I never comment negatively (maybe others can take a hint, Internet...).
I just have a visceral reaction to the pictures themselves. I just don't think they're cute. Maybe it is just me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
smalltowngal
by Platinum Member on Jun. 12, 2012 at 8:41 AM

Quoting wenchmommy381:

Perhaps I wasn't clear...I don't mind that people post these pics. Clearly they are not for me. And I'd never begrudge a person for posting them to share with who are far away. That's why I never comment negatively (maybe others can take a hint, Internet...).
I just have a visceral reaction to the pictures themselves. I just don't think they're cute. Maybe it is just me.

I am not into all the kid pictures and I don't post a lot of my own. I think I have more pictures of my farm animals than my kids on my facebook page. We're just not picture people in this house. We don't have a lot of pictures hanging on the wall. We do have a ton of kid's artwork taped everywhere. I notice my facebook page tends to be more of their artwork, things I've grown, husband's projects with the occasionally farm animal picture. 

ETA: Profile picture is an example of my daughter's artwork. :)

fullxbusymom
by Bronze Member on Jun. 12, 2012 at 8:46 AM

I post every single picture I ever take of my kids on FB.  I look forward to looking at everyone elses pics as well.  My kids call me the paparazzi, I always have a camera in my hand.

JoshRachelsMAMA
by JRM on Jun. 12, 2012 at 8:49 AM
No. I'm quite selective myself.

Quoting wenchmommy381:

I'll be honest: my kids are freaking adorable. They're little and sweet, say the darndest things, and are gernerally very well-behaved in public. I get complimented on them all the time, and I try to be gracious about it. 

But I do not post my children online very often. For every 100 pictures I take, I'd be surprised if even one makes it to my facebook page. Maybe I'll post them at the beach, or dancing with me at a party, or in costumes.

I do NOT take and post pictures of my children sleeping, eating, posing together, or doing any other mundane tasks.

So I seem to have a visceral reaction to others when they do that. I get a daily update on my one friend's napping child. DAILY. Pictures of children smiling with 20 comments along the lines of, "ZOMG so freaking cute I want to eat his/her face and slobber all over that cutey cutey babay!!!!!11!!!eleventy!!!" It actually pisses me off... even though I do love children, and am even related to some of them.

Am I alone here? What do you think?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Wife2AGeek
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 9:32 AM

No I'm not into that.  It's horrifying how many post practically their entire photo albums of FB.  Between the privacy issue and veering into what rights and ownership FB has over your information...I'm VERY selective as to what I post.

Mom2Ayden0406
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 9:39 AM
1 mom liked this

I would rather see pictures of children and animals over seeing all the self portraits that grown adults seem to think they need to post. That is when I am like"really? Your really not that special."

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN