Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

A woman at a bar is drugged with GHB. It is also known as liquid X, and used commonly as a date rape drug. The woman experiences X type side effects, & has intercourse with 2 men. The next morning, she remembers nothing of the night before, from about an hour after arriving at the bar. After piecing together the night before from the people she remembers from her first hour at the bar, she learns she had intercourse with these two men (at the same time), and her friends thought it was consensual. Does the fact that she was drugged, but did not say NO, constitute the incident as rape? 

by on Jun. 14, 2012 at 1:22 PM
Replies (11-20):
Birdie100
by on Jun. 14, 2012 at 3:08 PM

Yes definitely.

AmyR13
by Member on Jun. 14, 2012 at 3:10 PM

RAPE! 

jewels5525
by Gold Member on Jun. 14, 2012 at 3:17 PM

Quoting erika9009:

I think so as they INTENTIONALLY drugged her to have sex.

If SHE would have taken let's say Ecstasy, and got all crazy with the guys, then no.  It's not rape.

Dont the men have a responsibility to make sure she is able to give consent.  Not saying they always do, but if she was falling down drunk, than doesn't that mean she wasn't in her right mind, therefore unable to give concent.  Same with ecstasy. IMO

Happymamax2
by Silver Member on Jun. 14, 2012 at 3:21 PM
Yes. It's rape.
katy_kay08
by on Jun. 14, 2012 at 3:28 PM

It would ultimately depend on if the two men were the ones that drugged her or KNEW she was drugged.  If they were or did know she was drugged then it's rape. If they had nothing to do with the drugging and had no way of knowing she was drugged I would say no it isn't rape.  

survivorinohio
by René on Jun. 14, 2012 at 3:37 PM

Quoting OHgirlinCA:

Of course it's rape!  They drugged her!

This

How far you go in life depends on your being: tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of both the weak and strong.  Because someday in life you would have been one or all of these.  GeorgeWashingtonCarver

ms-superwoman
by Silver Member on Jun. 14, 2012 at 3:43 PM
Exactly! That's a no brainer!

Quoting OHgirlinCA:

Of course it's rape!  They drugged her!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ms-superwoman
by Silver Member on Jun. 14, 2012 at 3:46 PM
Actually this can still be considered rape. Depending on the whole situation. I mean if she's falling down drunk/high does she really have the ability to give permission? Doubtful.

Quoting erika9009:

I think so as they INTENTIONALLY drugged her to have sex.

If SHE would have taken let's say Ecstasy, and got all crazy with the guys, then no.  It's not rape.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
anxiousschk
by anxiouss on Jun. 14, 2012 at 3:53 PM

Yes.  She was drugged.  

Donna6503
by Gold Member on Jun. 14, 2012 at 4:09 PM
Is this the scrips to "Hangover III"?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured