Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Study: Youngsters of 'gay households' negatively affected

Posted by on Jun. 14, 2012 at 4:08 PM
  • 352 Replies
3 moms liked this

What is being hailed as the most scientifically credible study so far on the issue demonstrates that children are harmed by growing up in homosexual and lesbian households.

The study analyzed data from nearly 3,000 American adults, ages 18 to 39, who were raised in "different types of family arrangements." The results, according to principal investigator Mark Regnerus of the University of Texas at Austin, reveal "numerous, consistent differences, especially between the children of women who have had a lesbian relationship and those with still-married (heterosexual) biological parents" -- effectively dispelling the "no differences" paradigm.

Peter LaBarbera of Americans for Truth About Homosexuality points out prior research extolling that paradigm and painting a positive picture of growing up in a homosexual home was biased.

Peter LaBarbera (AFTAH)"A lot of the previous studies were done, for example, by [University of Virginia professor] Charlotte Patterson [who is] a lesbian," he points out. "These [studies] were junk science done by homosexual researchers or pro-gay academics."

LaBarbera says the University of Texas research is accurate and very thorough -- adding that states that encourage homosexual adoption are wrong. The study provides "very tragic data," he says.

"For example, you're more likely basically to get molested in a household led by two lesbians. You're more likely to have sexually transmitted diseases. You're more likely to identify as homosexual. You're more likely to be on public assistance," he lists.

"[And] you're more likely to have been forced to have sex unwillingly," he concludes. "Big difference [there] -- 8 percent in a normal household versus 31 percent in a household led by lesbians." In addition, one raised in a homosexual or lesbian household is more likely to have thoughts of suicide.

LaBarbera concludes that, simply put, the study proves that having a mother and a father really matters.

The findings of The New Family Structures Study will be published in the July issue of Social Science Research.

source

by on Jun. 14, 2012 at 4:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Peanutx3
by Ruby Member on Jun. 14, 2012 at 4:09 PM
12 moms liked this

Sigh

terpmama
by Silver Member on Jun. 14, 2012 at 4:11 PM
12 moms liked this
Source... Soo not biased!

"Your Latest News from a Christian perspective "
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tiffyhamm
by on Jun. 14, 2012 at 4:12 PM
17 moms liked this
Dafuqijusread?! Foolery at it's finest.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ms-superwoman
by Silver Member on Jun. 14, 2012 at 4:13 PM
3 moms liked this
I have a feeling this is all BS.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Donna6503
by Platinum Member on Jun. 14, 2012 at 4:15 PM
13 moms liked this
Hmmm I wonder if the study has a bias?

Like smoking is good for you by the scientific Marlboro study.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ashleyrenee24
by Ashley on Jun. 14, 2012 at 4:15 PM

I guess we should outlaw single parenthood too, right?

rosemagic01
by on Jun. 14, 2012 at 4:16 PM
14 moms liked this

This is the worst propaganda I've ever come across in my entire life. This is complete bullshit.

BubbsJNL
by New Member on Jun. 14, 2012 at 4:17 PM
6 moms liked this

From the AFTAH website:

"Americans For Truth (about Homosexuality, or AFTAH), a group dedicated to exposing the homosexual activist agenda. Founded as a part-time venture in 1996 but reorganized in August 2006, AFTAH seeks to apply the same single-minded determination to opposing the radical homosexual agenda and standing for God-ordained sexuality and the natural family as countless homosexual groups do in promoting their harmful agenda.

Americans For Truth is a rare single-issue national group on the other side of this critical “culture war” issue. Meanwhile, there are over a dozen national American “gay” groups with annual budgets ranging from just under $1 million to over $30 million working to advance this agenda — which threatens to criminalize Christian opposition to behavior that most Americans believe is wrong."

I may be out of the loop, but I've never heard of anyone trying to "criminalize Christian opposition" and as a middle aged, suburban mom, I don't know ANYONE who believes that homosexuality is wrong.

Goodwoman614
by Satan on Jun. 14, 2012 at 4:20 PM
7 moms liked this
Can't hold a candle to this barfuckery
OHgirlinCA
by Platinum Member on Jun. 14, 2012 at 4:25 PM
3 moms liked this

I'd have to see a much larger and thorough study done before I can believe this.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN