Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Is this hateful or discriminatory?

Posted by   + Show Post
So I had this listed on eBay, and yes, I read all the rules, but didn't believe this item fell into any of the categories. It got deleted for the reason of being hateful or discriminatory.

It's a postal tag from the Falkensee POW Camp from WWII. I found it at the antique shop I work at and thought it was an interesting. Yes, it has a swastika on it, but it's not any kind of Nazi propaganda. Its part of a terrible history...but history none the less, and no amount of silence is going to make that history go away.

Yes, eBay has their rules and can do what they want. I have great success on eBay and would never do anything to jeopardize that.

I guess I'm just wondering your thoughts on this or similar items. Is this offensive to you? Do you find it hateful or discriminatory? I'm going to post a pic if I can figure it out. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 2:22 AM
Replies (51-52):
LindaClement
by Thatwoman on Jun. 16, 2012 at 12:06 AM

Oh, I know it. It's just a bit 19th Century...

Quoting glitterteaz:

How do you think half of that shit gets here?  

Quoting LindaClement:

Mmm... looting the bodies on the battlefield. So historic.

Quoting glitterteaz:

I do not think it is either. I worked in a art shop that did custom framing we did a whole custom shadow box of Nazi memorabilia. Her father got it off a soldier he killed in battle. 

Windowdove
by Member on Jun. 16, 2012 at 12:36 AM
Quoting Its.me.Sam.:

its a historical artifact.  not offensive.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN