Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

What would happen if women stopped dating men who had small children with other women?

Posted by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 10:17 PM
  • 72 Replies
1 mom liked this

I mean like children under 5.  Shouldn't more couples of very young children be trying to work their relationships out instead of just jumping into the next relationship?  Don't they owe it to the children?

I am not talking about forcing anyone to do this, or passing laws, etc. 

by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 10:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
futureshock
by Ruby Member on Jun. 15, 2012 at 10:19 PM

bump

catchup29
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 10:20 PM
When I divorced I had a rule that I would not date anyone with children under the age of 14. That wasnot something I was willing to deal with. I also didn't want to date anyone with more the 2 kids. I stuck to that. I married a man with a 15 year old, only child.
futureshock
by Ruby Member on Jun. 15, 2012 at 10:28 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting catchup29:

When I divorced I had a rule that I would not date anyone with children under the age of 14. That wasnot something I was willing to deal with. I also didn't want to date anyone with more the 2 kids. I stuck to that. I married a man with a 15 year old, only child.

I married a single dad with a 15 year old also!

muslimahpj
by Ruby Member on Jun. 15, 2012 at 10:29 PM
1 mom liked this

Not my business.

futureshock
by Ruby Member on Jun. 15, 2012 at 10:29 PM

Quoting muslimahpj:

Not my business.

ok

1stpreggers
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 10:30 PM
1 mom liked this
What about the parents who were never in relationships?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Paperfishies
by Silver Member on Jun. 15, 2012 at 10:30 PM
If my husband and I ever divorce, I will not date anyone with children.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Peanutx3
by Ruby Member on Jun. 15, 2012 at 10:34 PM
9 moms liked this
Sigh
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sucker4myloves
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 10:38 PM
3 moms liked this

Some relationships are toxic. A friend of mine constantly gets beaten and choked by her husband. They have a two year old, and she just gave birth to a new one. He choked her out while pregnant, broke her nose, blacked her eyes, cut her face with a knife. Shook the two year old ate age one when he was crying. Raised his hand to punch the child, she took the beating instead. Not all is golden. I wish she would leave. I got her out of the state, snuck her to her family's house in another state. A month later she had him there with her. Tell me, should they work it out?

smurfbitebug
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 10:41 PM
1 mom liked this
Well.. I didn't date a man with that young of a child. When I met my husband SS was already eight years old.

However, I strongly believe he should have left her long before. Yes, even if that would mean he never met me. He stayed in an abusive marriage for seventeen years trying to work it out for his son. Needless to say, it didn't work, and his son witnessed a lot of crap he didn't need to.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN