Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

First Lady Requires Photo ID for Her Book Signings; Voter ID Law-hating Media Fail to Note Obama Hypocrisy

Posted by   + Show Post

The Obama administration has done its best to oppose states from instituting new, stricter voter ID laws, complaining that many minority voters lack photo identification. But those same folks it wants voting in November are apparently not welcome anywhere near the First Lady's book signings. Something tells me that the same media outlets comparing voter ID laws to the Jim Crow Laws, however, won't see any hint of hypocrisy here, if they even report the story at all.

As stated on the blog Obama Foodorama:

On Friday, June 8th, those wishing to attend the event must purchase a copy of the First Lady's book at the location and leave it at the store, according to the employee. At the same time, customers must also submit their social security number and show an official photo ID (driver's license, passport) to a Secret Service agent, and they will be issued a wristband to the First Lady's event on June 12.( Emphasis added)

The liberal media, particularly Obama-boosting cable network MSNBC has done its best to attack voter ID laws as discriminatory at best and racist at worst.

Appearing on MSNBC's Now with Alex Wagner in March, former DNC Communications Director Karen Finney managed to connect the Trayvon Martin shooting to Voter ID laws.

In December MSNBC gave a platform to former NAACP chairman Julian Bond, who charged of voter ID laws that  "They are racist in intent and aimed at vulnerable people in our population."

President Obama and Attorney General Holder have spoken actively against requiring ID to be presented at polling places.  They've maintained this stance despite the fact that a recent Fox News poll reveals a full 70 percent of Americans believe voter ID laws are necessary to stop voter fraud. The poll shows that 52 percent of Democrats agree, as do 68 percent of women and 58 percent of Non-whites, both voting blocs that Democrats see as crucial to their electoral success.

by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 1:52 PM
Replies (371-374):
Ms.KitKat
by Platinum Member on Jun. 24, 2012 at 4:55 PM

Y-A-W-N..............oh-excuse me- what were you talking about? I'm bored and really am so done talking about this.........wanna join me over on the One God thread? I'll bring the popcorn!

popcorn

Quoting pvtjokerus:

No, I think that you are misunderstanding what we are talking about.  We are not talking about non-US citizens such as students that come to the U.S. with a school Visa. We are talking about illegal immigrants that have come to the state illegally, without ANY Visas.  The ones with a school visa is a total different area and their intuition cost was not mentioned below per se.

And no, I have not checked the illegals' documentation in Colorado.

Quoting Ms.KitKat:

Have you checked their documentation? How do you know they are illegally here in this country as opposed to non-US citizens ?

Quoting pvtjokerus:

Did I miss something?  We are not talking about people with a student visa.  We are talking about a college allowing ILLEGALS to pay less tuition vs. a legal person living outside of the state and having to pay more than the ILLEGALS. 

Quoting Ms.KitKat:

Do you not realize that people come to the USA on a student visa. Their intention is not immigrate. They have no intention of becoming citizens-they come to this country because this country has some of the best colleges and universitites for higher education. They are NOT illegal.

Gesh- what is it with the hatred and fear of "illegals" and those here on a student visa are not illegal. Why all the negative assumptions? There are also many here on a work visa.

Some chose to remain in the US and will go through the proper documentation-others chose to return to their home land.

And there are also US citizens who travel abroad TO OTHER COUNTRIES to study abroad on student visas. As well as US citizens who work abroad on work visas.

Mind you- these people are not voting. They are simply here to work/study.

Quoting pvtjokerus:

Have you seen what Colorado just came out with? I forget which college but apparently, there are three types of pricing for students.  In state student pays something like $5,000, out of state is around $17,000, while ILLEGALS pay 9ish (don't quote me on the figures).  Craziness with these illegals and trying to accommodate them for whatever reasons... 

Quoting Lizard_Lina:

He deported illegals when it was in his best interest to deport them. Now he's making laws to not only keep them here but give them more rights. It just depends on his constiuants. And as far as nobody can stop them, if they don't i.d. them and they get an unregistered paper balot or they get registered through public assistance or they get registered under a dead man's name or a child's name, there is no way to prove they are voting without earning the right to as a citizen. So as of right now they could say "I'm Joe Shmoe and I'm here to vote" and as long as there is a Joe Shmoe on the list, no one will stop them.

Quoting LauraKW:

You do realize the current President has deported more illegals than the previous President, right?  And could you please explain the "nobody can stop them" statement?  Thanks.

Quoting Lizard_Lina:

Of course they would "waste their time". If there's a man in office who believes in benefitting them vs a man in office who believes in deporting them, don't you think they would make that effort? Especially since, as of right now, nobody can stop them?

Quoting Ms.KitKat:

and yet this concept completely escapes the comprehension of so many here.

Funny story and sad too: at my wedding reception years ago, my brother took it upon himself to play photographer. he took pictures of the REAL photographers, the DJ, the servers. THEN he went into the kitchen. Some of the workers couldn't run fast enough to avoid getting their picture taken. They were running away, knocking each other over to get away from the camera my brother was very innocently holding-just being a goof-ball. He recognized right away what was happening and apologized for scaring these people. and he had to reassure them over and over again that he was not from the government and he was not going to report them.

So REALLY? you seriously think illegal immigrants are lining up to fraudulently cast their vote in a public election?

I wonder if the real issue here is people's fear and or hatred of illegal immigrants as well as all POC and not a matter of photo id.

Quoting JonJon:

It's funny as all get out that people believe people who illegally sneak into the country would actually bother with voting when most of the people born and raised here don't bother!  LOL! 

The illegals don't care who sits in the President's seat on Air Force One as long as they can go unnoticed!  They like to keep a low profile and stay anonymous; going to the polling places just gives them a face! They wouldn't risk exposure to do something that does not immediately, personally benefit them.

Think, people, THINK!

Quoting pvtjokerus:

Sure.  But based on our immigration problem, it should be common sense that everyone brings a proper form of I.D. to these voting booths.

Quoting Happymamax2:

Quoting pvtjokerus:

It's a persons right to vote if they are a us citizen. Period.

JonJon
by Ruby Member on Jun. 24, 2012 at 5:07 PM

So the answer is you don't have any links to support your assertion?  Don't send me off on a snipe hunt.  Give me someplace tangible to start; a city and a date.  Otherwise, I'm going to be stuck believing you don't mind telling a tall tale and perpetuating urban myths.

Quoting pvtjokerus:

JJ, I strongly suggest YOU do not go down the road of talking about "being a bigoted dweeb." I pointed you in the right direction it is up to you to sort the rest out.  And JJ, you know damn well, if I didn't have some knowledge on the subject then I wouldn't have CHALLENGED YOU on the subject.

Quoting JonJon:

Weren't we talking about voting and whether illegals make it a point to go to the polls to vote though they are not registered?  You say illegals make it a point to vote in MANY southern states.  Texas is a pretty good place to start but you wouldn't have written that incendiary statement without being able to back it up so you don't sound like an intolerant, bigoted dweeb, now would you?  I wouldn't want anyone to think that of you, either, so post a link to proof that this happened in one particular election in a specific state.  You didn't even say one city; you make it seem as if this is prevalent in southern states.  Tell what you know, if you know anything.

If you want to talk about whether they are collecting welfare, there are MANY posts out there where you can slip that one in.

Quoting pvtjokerus:

Sorry JonJon, not going to do your research.  But if you care to look it up start off in Texas.  Also, look into Odessa where you see many illegals apply for their "benefits", you know the ones,that want to just "hide" and not be noticed.  LOL....JJ sometimes you just crack me up with your....nevermind....

Quoting JonJon:

I invite you, Candlegal and anyone else to post one or more links to an article on a reputable site that supports what you've just written; a really detailed article saying where this happened, who did it and how they did it and why they cared enough who is sitting in the Oval office to risk deportation to vote in elections. 

I've always chalked that ridiculous, outlandish false accusation up to the usual dirty tricks of a party that has historically downplayed, dismissed and underestimated the intelligence of the average American.

Quoting pvtjokerus:

JonJon, while this may be the case in SOME AREAS it is not the case in many of the southern states.  One example is the case in southern Texas where it was learned that illegals were voting in the elections. And yes, many immigrants care who is sitting in the Oval office.  To not think this is the case is well, let's just say that one has to have some knowledge of this before lecturing others.

Quoting JonJon:

It's funny as all get out that people believe people who illegally sneak into the country would actually bother with voting when most of the people born and raised here don't bother!  LOL! 

The illegals don't care who sits in the President's seat on Air Force One as long as they can go unnoticed!  They like to keep a low profile and stay anonymous; going to the polling places just gives them a face! They wouldn't risk exposure to do something that does not immediately, personally benefit them.

Think, people, THINK!

Quoting pvtjokerus:

Sure.  But based on our immigration problem, it should be common sense that everyone brings a proper form of I.D. to these voting booths.

Quoting Happymamax2:

Quoting pvtjokerus:

http://images.paraorkut.com/img/pics/glitters/p/princess-6600.gif

It's just for a while to say I'm honored to have been so dubbed..

pvtjokerus
by Platinum Member on Jun. 24, 2012 at 5:12 PM

??????????????

Quoting Ms.KitKat:

Y-A-W-N..............oh-excuse me- what were you talking about? I'm bored and really am so done talking about this.........wanna join me over on the One God thread? I'll bring the popcorn!

popcorn

Quoting pvtjokerus:

No, I think that you are misunderstanding what we are talking about.  We are not talking about non-US citizens such as students that come to the U.S. with a school Visa. We are talking about illegal immigrants that have come to the state illegally, without ANY Visas.  The ones with a school visa is a total different area and their intuition cost was not mentioned below per se.

And no, I have not checked the illegals' documentation in Colorado.

Quoting Ms.KitKat:

Have you checked their documentation? How do you know they are illegally here in this country as opposed to non-US citizens ?

Quoting pvtjokerus:

Did I miss something?  We are not talking about people with a student visa.  We are talking about a college allowing ILLEGALS to pay less tuition vs. a legal person living outside of the state and having to pay more than the ILLEGALS. 

Quoting Ms.KitKat:

Do you not realize that people come to the USA on a student visa. Their intention is not immigrate. They have no intention of becoming citizens-they come to this country because this country has some of the best colleges and universitites for higher education. They are NOT illegal.

Gesh- what is it with the hatred and fear of "illegals" and those here on a student visa are not illegal. Why all the negative assumptions? There are also many here on a work visa.

Some chose to remain in the US and will go through the proper documentation-others chose to return to their home land.

And there are also US citizens who travel abroad TO OTHER COUNTRIES to study abroad on student visas. As well as US citizens who work abroad on work visas.

Mind you- these people are not voting. They are simply here to work/study.

Quoting pvtjokerus:

Have you seen what Colorado just came out with? I forget which college but apparently, there are three types of pricing for students.  In state student pays something like $5,000, out of state is around $17,000, while ILLEGALS pay 9ish (don't quote me on the figures).  Craziness with these illegals and trying to accommodate them for whatever reasons... 

Quoting Lizard_Lina:

He deported illegals when it was in his best interest to deport them. Now he's making laws to not only keep them here but give them more rights. It just depends on his constiuants. And as far as nobody can stop them, if they don't i.d. them and they get an unregistered paper balot or they get registered through public assistance or they get registered under a dead man's name or a child's name, there is no way to prove they are voting without earning the right to as a citizen. So as of right now they could say "I'm Joe Shmoe and I'm here to vote" and as long as there is a Joe Shmoe on the list, no one will stop them.

Quoting LauraKW:

You do realize the current President has deported more illegals than the previous President, right?  And could you please explain the "nobody can stop them" statement?  Thanks.

Quoting Lizard_Lina:

Of course they would "waste their time". If there's a man in office who believes in benefitting them vs a man in office who believes in deporting them, don't you think they would make that effort? Especially since, as of right now, nobody can stop them?

Quoting Ms.KitKat:

and yet this concept completely escapes the comprehension of so many here.

Funny story and sad too: at my wedding reception years ago, my brother took it upon himself to play photographer. he took pictures of the REAL photographers, the DJ, the servers. THEN he went into the kitchen. Some of the workers couldn't run fast enough to avoid getting their picture taken. They were running away, knocking each other over to get away from the camera my brother was very innocently holding-just being a goof-ball. He recognized right away what was happening and apologized for scaring these people. and he had to reassure them over and over again that he was not from the government and he was not going to report them.

So REALLY? you seriously think illegal immigrants are lining up to fraudulently cast their vote in a public election?

I wonder if the real issue here is people's fear and or hatred of illegal immigrants as well as all POC and not a matter of photo id.

Quoting JonJon:

Think, people, THINK!

Quoting pvtjokerus:

Quoting Happymamax2:

Quoting pvtjokerus:

pvtjokerus
by Platinum Member on Jun. 24, 2012 at 5:16 PM

lolol...ok, dumplings, you do that. 

Quoting JonJon:

So the answer is you don't have any links to support your assertion?  Don't send me off on a snipe hunt.  Give me someplace tangible to start; a city and a date.  Otherwise, I'm going to be stuck believing you don't mind telling a tall tale and perpetuating urban myths.

Quoting pvtjokerus:

JJ, I strongly suggest YOU do not go down the road of talking about "being a bigoted dweeb." I pointed you in the right direction it is up to you to sort the rest out.  And JJ, you know damn well, if I didn't have some knowledge on the subject then I wouldn't have CHALLENGED YOU on the subject.

Quoting JonJon:

Weren't we talking about voting and whether illegals make it a point to go to the polls to vote though they are not registered?  You say illegals make it a point to vote in MANY southern states.  Texas is a pretty good place to start but you wouldn't have written that incendiary statement without being able to back it up so you don't sound like an intolerant, bigoted dweeb, now would you?  I wouldn't want anyone to think that of you, either, so post a link to proof that this happened in one particular election in a specific state.  You didn't even say one city; you make it seem as if this is prevalent in southern states.  Tell what you know, if you know anything.

If you want to talk about whether they are collecting welfare, there are MANY posts out there where you can slip that one in.

Quoting pvtjokerus:

Sorry JonJon, not going to do your research.  But if you care to look it up start off in Texas.  Also, look into Odessa where you see many illegals apply for their "benefits", you know the ones,that want to just "hide" and not be noticed.  LOL....JJ sometimes you just crack me up with your....nevermind....

Quoting JonJon:

I invite you, Candlegal and anyone else to post one or more links to an article on a reputable site that supports what you've just written; a really detailed article saying where this happened, who did it and how they did it and why they cared enough who is sitting in the Oval office to risk deportation to vote in elections. 

I've always chalked that ridiculous, outlandish false accusation up to the usual dirty tricks of a party that has historically downplayed, dismissed and underestimated the intelligence of the average American.

Quoting pvtjokerus:

JonJon, while this may be the case in SOME AREAS it is not the case in many of the southern states.  One example is the case in southern Texas where it was learned that illegals were voting in the elections. And yes, many immigrants care who is sitting in the Oval office.  To not think this is the case is well, let's just say that one has to have some knowledge of this before lecturing others.

Quoting JonJon:

Think, people, THINK!

Quoting pvtjokerus:

Quoting Happymamax2:

Quoting pvtjokerus:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)