Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Michael Richard's 'defense' speech. Kramer from Seinfeld........ EDITED

Posted by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 3:31 PM
  • 22 Replies

‚ÄéThis was posted on the page of a 'friend' on his FB page this morning.  I did not realize he felt this way, until I read his words, which are in green.

Thoughts??

***EDITED TO ADD:  It has been determined, more than once, that the words below are not the actual words of Michael Richards. ******  

Quote:

"PROUD TO BE WHITE"
I have been wondering about why Whites are racists, and no other race is.... I dont want to offend any one but i am REALLY CURRIOUS!!!!!!

Proud to be White 
Michael Richards makes his point........................ 
Michael Richards better known as Kramer from TVs Seinfeld does make a good point. 
This was his defense speech in court after making racial comments in his
comedy act. He makes some very interesting points... 
Someone finally said it. How many are actually paying attention to this? There are African Americans, Mexican Americans, Asian Americans, Arab Americans, etc. 
And then there are just Americans. 
You say that whites commit a lot of violence against other races or nationalities.. so why are the ghettos the most dangerous places to live? 
You have the United Negro College Fund. You have Martin Luther King Day. You have Black History Month. You have Cesar Chavez Day. You have Yom Hashoah. You have Ma'uled Al-Nabi. You have the NAACP. You have BET.
If we had WET (White Entertainment Television), we'd be racists. If we had a White Pride Day, you would call us racists. If we had White History Month, we'd be racists. If we had any organization for only whites to 'advance' OUR lives, we'd be racists. 
We have a Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, a Black Chamber of Commerce, and then we just have the plain Chamber of Commerce. Wonder who pays for that??
A white woman could not be in the Miss Black American pageant, but any color can be in the Miss America pageant. 
If we had a college fund that only gave white students scholarships.. You know we'd be racists. 
There are over 60 openly proclaimed Black Colleges in the US .... Yet if there were 'White colleges', that would be a racist college. 
In the Million Man March, you believed that you were marching for your race and rights. If we marched for our race and rights, you would call us racists. 
You are proud to be black, brown, yellow and orange, and you're not afraid to announce it. But when we announce our white pride, you call us racists. You rob us, carjack us, and shoot at us. But, when a white police officer shoots a black gang member or beats up a black drug dealer running from the law and posing a threat to society, you call him a racist. 
I am proud...... But you call me a racist. 
Why is it that only whites can be racists?? 
There is nothing improper about this status update..... Let's see which of you are brave enough to send it on. I sadly don't think many will. That's why we have LOST most of OUR RIGHTS in this country. We won't stand up for ourselves! 
BE PROUD TO BE WHITE! Be proud to be an American!!!! It's not a crime YET... but getting very close! 

Let the flaming begin!!!!! or how about a Logical Discussion instead....

"A bird doesn't sing because it has an answer, it sings because it has a song." ~ Maya Angelou

by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 3:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rfurlongg
by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 3:43 PM
1 mom liked this
The original "Americans" were not white, so to equate American with white is the first fallacy in that rant.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mikiemom
by Ruby Member on Jun. 16, 2012 at 6:04 PM

other races are racist, I have seen dark skin black people shunned by light skinned people. I know several of my son's hispanic friends don't like black people.

MommaNay156
by New Member on Jun. 16, 2012 at 6:04 PM
I'm Hispanic and I must say that I agree with him to a total extent. But he also doesnt include the fact that there WAS something called segregation and discrimination. As far as "white" pride they have it every time a minority is locked up away from society. Just ignorant for him to think that minorities can't have some rights over whites when "whites" get away with a lot more.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommaNay156
by New Member on Jun. 16, 2012 at 6:05 PM
Certain*
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Veni.Vidi.Vici.
by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 6:17 PM
1 mom liked this

If this was on my FB page I'd be embarrassed, even if I was the only one who knew I could see.

There is some truth to the ideas that white people cannot exclude other races without being oppressive or prejudiced. Still, the ideology behind those thoughts aren't simply answered, explained or understood.

I'm not proud to be white. I was born white and I didn't have a choice. I'm proud of many of my accomplishments thus far, and I'm proud of the choices I make. I choose not to be proud of my skin color in such a way that might cause duress to a person who doesn't also share my skin color.

JonJon
by Ruby Member on Jun. 16, 2012 at 7:39 PM
1 mom liked this

So what are YOUR thoughts, Op?  You say you were surprised.  You didn't say it was an unpleasant surprise.

Under what circumstances would Michael Richards have to make such a speech, in court or anywhere else?  Michael Richards apologized for his behavior and he is very unhappy, I'm sure, that this email is circulating and has jumped to FB and CM.

Michael Richards didn't write that mess.  It was not a good thing for you to bring the mess here.  It's never good to spread rumors.  Before you say you didn't know it's falsely attributed to Michael Richards, why didn't you check before posting this lie?  I would have checked before I irresponsibly posted something like this.  Michael Richards has had enough grief over what he really did, you added more grief over what he never really did.

Your one salvation would have been that you enclosed friend in parentheses, but you didn't bother to say you've un-friended him. 

SunshneDaydream
by Silver Member on Jun. 16, 2012 at 7:43 PM

Whites were allowed their pride for a long time and they abused it.  We don't need to advance our lives, we have been on top for centuries.  Other races need all the pride they can get to make up for the white man's abuse of power.  

lga1965
by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 8:06 PM
2 moms liked this

http://www.snopes.com/politics/soapbox/proudwhite.asp

Snopes says this is FALSE. These things are too cheesy and fake to be believed,so I looked it up at Snopes. I wouldn't post it in my Facebook update. These stupid mass E-mails are unbeliveable.

FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Jun. 16, 2012 at 10:57 PM
3 moms liked this

Quoting JonJon:

So what are YOUR thoughts, Op?  You say you were surprised.  You didn't say it was an unpleasant surprise.

Under what circumstances would Michael Richards have to make such a speech, in court or anywhere else?  Michael Richards apologized for his behavior and he is very unhappy, I'm sure, that this email is circulating and has jumped to FB and CM.

Michael Richards didn't write that mess.  It was not a good thing for you to bring the mess here.  It's never good to spread rumors.  Before you say you didn't know it's falsely attributed to Michael Richards, why didn't you check before posting this lie?  I would have checked before I irresponsibly posted something like this.  Michael Richards has had enough grief over what he really did, you added more grief over what he never really did.

Your one salvation would have been that you enclosed friend in parentheses, but you didn't bother to say you've un-friended him. 

Really?  Why am I not surprised by your reaction Jon Jon.

No, I did not check to see if this was 'true' or not, if Michael Richards actually wrote, or said, those words.  *shrug*  I am not spreading rumors or untruths.  I simply posted what some one else posted on their FB page.  You don't have to like it, agree with it or otherwise.

I don't need salvation from you, or any one else.  Why was I surprised?  I had no idea this 'friend' felt this way or could be so bold to post such a thing.  I certainly found out.  We grew up together but went our separate ways after school.  I would have had no way of knowing how his personality evolved, or failed to, over the years.  His previous posts have not indicated any thing along these lines.  As a matter of fact, after reading the discussion that ensued after his post, I did de-friend him.....and a few other people.

If you really are not aware of how I feel about the many points in this post, you have not been paying attention.  If a post does not afford you the opportunity to show your sense of superiority, you are not interested.

"A bird doesn't sing because it has an answer, it sings because it has a song." ~ Maya Angelou

FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Jun. 16, 2012 at 10:59 PM

Quoting lga1965:

http://www.snopes.com/politics/soapbox/proudwhite.asp

Snopes says this is FALSE. These things are too cheesy and fake to be believed,so I looked it up at Snopes. I wouldn't post it in my Facebook update. These stupid mass E-mails are unbeliveable.

Thanks.  I guess I should have looked in to it before I posted it.  I realize that now and well, I screwed up no that count.

But many people do feel the way this post says.  *sigh*

I would love to post that it is false on the 'friends' page that posted it but I de-friended him.

Meh, I admit I am some what unhappy with myself as I am not one who sets out to start shit, so to speak.  Lesson learned.

I don't know if it was initially an email or not.  Guess it doesn't matter. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN