Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Mrs. Sandusky~Is it possible she did not know?

Posted by   + Show Post

I think it is impossible that she did not know of her husband's deviant interests. I would even suggest she is charged and held as an accomplice. I get really ticked at the spouses of these monsters. How about you? Think there is ANY way this woman "did not know"?

http://www.hlntv.com/article/2012/06/14/who-dottie-sandusky

Who is Dottie Sandusky?

NEED TO KNOW
  • Jerry Sandusky, a former Penn State football coach, is accused of raping and molesting children
  • His wife, Dottie Sandusky, may testify at the trial

The shocking details emerging from the Jerry Sandusky trial are raising a lot of questions about his wife of 46 years, Dottie Sandusky.

The prosecution could wrap up its case by Thursday afternoon, and the defense may begin presenting its case Friday. Dottie Sandusky is expected to testify in support of her husband, but she hasn't been in court with him so far because she's a potential witness. Witnesses aren't allowed in the courtroom until the judge permits them.

Dottie Sandusky has led a relatively private life, but here's what we do know about her: She is originally from Chattanooga, Tennessee, and married her husband in 1966. The couple couldn’t have children, so they adopted five boys and one girl.

The Sanduskys also fostered several children throughout their marriage. Dottie Sandusky also helped her husband start The Second Mile charity for underprivileged children in 1977. Prosecutors say Jerry Sandusky found his victims at The Second Mile.

In his autobiography, “Touched,” Jerry Sandusky wrote about his courtship with his wife.

“I was always very shy and backward; never one to be aggressive socially. Even though I spent time talking with Dottie a couple of times, I couldn’t bring myself to ask her out on a real date," he wrote. "It was a good thing my mother wasn’t as shy and backward as me. It was thanks to her, after all, that I ended up getting together with Dottie on a regular basis.

"She asked her to come to a softball game I was playing, and I ended up taking her home. Maybe I just needed that one little push because one thing led to another, and before long, we had become closer," he wrote.

In a 1982 interview with Sports Illustrated, Dottie Sandusky talked about starting The Second Mile.

"After we had taken in some foster children, we saw the opportunities that some kids just hadn't had. But we'd gotten to the point where we couldn't take in any more, so Jerry started thinking about starting a group home,” she said.

Since the scandal broke, she has released a statement declaring her husband's innocence.

“As the mother of six children, I have been devastated by these accusations. I am also angry about these false accusations that such a terrible incident ever occurred in my home. No child who ever visited our home was ever forced to stay in our basement and fed there. All the kids who visited us ate with us and our kids and other guests when they were at our home. Our children, our extended family and friends know how much Jerry and I love kids and have always tried to help and care for them. We would never do anything to hurt them,” the statement read.

READ MORE: Click here for Dottie Sandusky’s complete statement declaring her husband innocent

One accuser said Dottie Sandusky knew about the alleged abuse happening in her home, but did nothing to stop it.

The man known as Victim 9 testified before a grand jury that he was being assaulted by Jerry Sandusky in the Sanduskys' basement bedroom. He said he screamed for help, knowing Dottie Sandusky was upstairs, but no help came. We have not heard Victim 9's story in court yet, but he is expected to testify at by the end of the week.

by on Jun. 17, 2012 at 1:56 AM
Replies (21-30):
cjsbmom
by Lois Lane on Jun. 17, 2012 at 11:45 AM
1 mom liked this

Based on victim testimony, there were waaaay too many times that she walked in on strange behavior and just walked back out again. She knew. She just didn't want to accept or face it, so like everyone else at Penn State who knew what this sick bastard was doing, she ignored it and hoped it would go away. IMO, they *all* need to be held accountable.

lusyl95
by on Jun. 17, 2012 at 11:47 AM
No! She knew. Lots of these horrendous acts on those children happened in a basement in her home. Unless she's a complete moron.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
vicki77433
by Bronze Member on Jun. 17, 2012 at 11:58 AM

When this story broke I read an article in which one of the victims claims to have talked to her on the phone about his abuse.  She was wondering if he actually raped the boy or just blew him.  I can't remember the exact wording.  Now I have to go google.

She knew.

ms-superwoman
by Silver Member on Jun. 17, 2012 at 12:02 PM
I'm not familiar with this story but I think that when something is up the partner knows. Maybe she just thought he was cheating. Who knows? I can't say.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nb34
by Silver Member on Jun. 17, 2012 at 12:10 PM

I don't know what to think of this, but if there was something like that going on inside their house, I would think she must have picke up on it. I can't say for sure though.

Roxygurl
by Bronze Member on Jun. 17, 2012 at 12:12 PM
I think she was in denial about what was going on. I just don't see how she didn't know. A kid is screaming in your basement while you're upstairs and you can't hear or don't investigate? Something sounds fishy
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Aislinn
by Silver Member on Jun. 17, 2012 at 12:13 PM

She may have been in denial, but I am sure deep sown, she knew something was off.

sweet-a-kins
by Emerald Member on Jun. 17, 2012 at 12:29 PM
I don't think all wives know

But I do think she did..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cjsbmom
by Lois Lane on Jun. 17, 2012 at 1:03 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting vicki77433:

When this story broke I read an article in which one of the victims claims to have talked to her on the phone about his abuse.  She was wondering if he actually raped the boy or just blew him.  I can't remember the exact wording.  Now I have to go google.

She knew.

I think that was in the grand jury testimony. The way she said it, it made it sound like she thought it would be perfectly OK if they had just had oral sex, versus regular sex. Because, you know, it's perfectly acceptable to give oral to a child. *eyeroll* IMO, she's just as sick as he is.

glitterteaz
by Ruby Member on Jun. 17, 2012 at 1:25 PM

That is why I said if she did indeed know she should be held accountable. 

Quoting futureshock:

Quoting glitterteaz:

She may have and she may have not known. If it can be proven she should be accountable. However, not all women married to child molesters know anything especially if it is not their own children.  Molesters are usually very good with children and well liked making it the perfect cover. Others give off the creepy vibe there is no run of the mill type for a predator.

I agree not all know but this woman was with this guy for 46 years.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)