Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Do You Run in the Face of Opposition?

Posted by on Jun. 17, 2012 at 6:06 PM
  • 24 Replies

Poll

Question: Do you run....

Options:

Yes

No

Other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 26

View Results

What I have noticed more and more about CM is the refusal to debate in the face of opposition.

People result to insults, leave a post, delete a post, or re-route a post instead of answering direct questions.

So just a question... Do you run in the face of opposing views?

by on Jun. 17, 2012 at 6:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
muslimahpj
by Ruby Member on Jun. 17, 2012 at 6:09 PM
5 moms liked this

It depends on who I am debating with. Once they get to a point of ridiculousness, there is just no reason to keep on trying to talk anymore.

Some folks, you just cant talk to no matter what.

katy_kay08
by on Jun. 17, 2012 at 6:18 PM
5 moms liked this

There are people I will not engage for a variety of reasons.  I'm not turned off by opposition though just not a fan of running in circles.  

_Kissy_
by on Jun. 17, 2012 at 6:21 PM
There is people I will not respond to because of cattiness or immaturity, I usually post my belief/thought/opinion etc...and leave
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Jun. 17, 2012 at 6:24 PM

No. I do not run.

I cannot stand deleting posts or a thread.  If you are going to put it out there, own it.  

I can't say that I have never turned to the insult because I have.  I try not to do this or make it part of my overall approach.  Many people do.  Some I can handle, others only show their ass when doing so.

I do not hide from questions asked but a hell of a lot of people do. lol

Or they make the attempt at playing dictator and telling people how to respond in a post they make, what is and is not acceptable.  That makes me giggle at times.

mikiemom
by Ruby Member on Jun. 17, 2012 at 6:26 PM

I state my views. I have ignored some questions that were just to rediculous to entertain.

Shortiekt
by Gold Member on Jun. 17, 2012 at 6:36 PM
1 mom liked this
I just feel if you are posting or replying to a post be prepared to face other views. If you quote me expect a response. If you disagree or agree be ready to support your opinion.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
illegallyblonde
by Lawyerupbeeches on Jun. 17, 2012 at 6:40 PM
1 mom liked this
Depends. If its a moronic reply or just lunacy--no I dont usually respond. If it appears the person is curious and actually interested in intellectual dialogue-yes, I'll respond.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sisteract
by Whoopie on Jun. 17, 2012 at 6:41 PM

Quoting muslimahpj:

It depends on who I am debating with. Once they get to a point of ridiculousness, there is just no reason to keep on trying to talk anymore.

Some folks, you just cant talk to no matter what.

THIS^

romalove
by Roma on Jun. 17, 2012 at 6:42 PM
2 moms liked this

I don't run from any topic.  I'm always willing to have a discussion and debate.

Sometimes I feel like I'm having it with a cement block, but I still have it. 

Ms.KitKat
by Platinum Member on Jun. 17, 2012 at 6:46 PM
3 moms liked this

I voted "other" so I will explain. When faced with an opposing view I will argue. At a certain point in time- when I find the debate getting no where I will elect to leave the debate and will stop posting.

Other times, I will choose to stop posting because the poster I am engaged with turns out to be such a whack-a-doodle- as is evidenced by multiple quoting trees (LOL) that I find it best to walk away. No use debating with one who I find has no grounding in reality LOL!!!!

Lastly- I will stop posting/responding because I just get bored and the whole fun of the debate has been lost. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN