Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

George Zimmerman's jailhouse telephone recordings released

Posted by on Jun. 18, 2012 at 12:28 PM
  • 34 Replies

George Zimmerman's jailhouse telephone recordings released

George Zimmerman, center, in court with his attorney Mark O'Mara in April. (AP/Pool)

(Updated at 12:10 p.m. ET)

Audio recordings from phone calls Florida gunman George Zimmerman made while in jail in April have just been released by Florida special prosecutor Angela Corey.

The phone calls are part of the state's evidence alleging that Zimmerman and his wife, Shellie, misled the court during an April bond hearing. A judge released Zimmerman on $150,000 bond after the Zimmermans testified they little money. But on the calls, George Zimmerman is heard coaching his wife and sister on how to move tens of thousands of dollars donated to his legal defense fund.

After getting his wife access to transfer the funds, Zimmerman instructs her to pay off nearly all the couple's bills and to purchase bullet-proof vests for her, him and his attorney.

"We need to get on it ASAP, cause you know the, the personally I want you wearing one," Zimmerman says from the Seminole County jail.

"Okay," she replies.

"As uncomfortable as it is, I want you wearing one," he says.

Zimmerman, who is charged with killing 17-year-old Trayvon Martin in February, is now back behind bars after his bond was revoked. His wife was charged with perjury related to her testimony about the family's finances.

Below are links Reuters posted to the jailhouse audio files and transcripts of those calls. Come back to this post for more details on today's developments.

Audio recordings of George Zimmerman phone calls from jail

State of Florida v. George Zimmerman transcripts

by on Jun. 18, 2012 at 12:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
katy_kay08
by on Jun. 18, 2012 at 12:37 PM

I wonder if people that donated to his "legal" fund expect him to pay off his debts with the money.  

sweet-a-kins
by Emerald Member on Jun. 18, 2012 at 12:57 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting katy_kay08:

I wonder if people that donated to his "legal" fund expect him to pay off his debts with the money.  

That's not why the site was set-up...I am wondering if that is some type of fraud....Kind of like soliciting donations for that bride that was dying of cancer...except she didn't have cancer...

katy_kay08
by on Jun. 18, 2012 at 1:01 PM
3 moms liked this

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

Quoting katy_kay08:

That's not why the site was set-up...I am wondering if that is some type of fraud....Kind of like soliciting donations for that bride that was dying of cancer...except she didn't have cancer...

I think this is one of those "they got what they asked for" when people opted to "donate" to this murder's cause.  

sweet-a-kins
by Emerald Member on Jun. 18, 2012 at 1:06 PM
1 mom liked this

The fact that not ONE of the people that made these donations to a supposed DEFENSE fund are upset or asking for a refund....tells me there is a more sinister reason for their donation which seems more like a reward for KILLING 'ONE OF THEM' ....

it had nothing to do with his 'innocence' or defense

Quoting katy_kay08:

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

Quoting katy_kay08:

I think this is one of those "they got what they asked for" when people opted to "donate" to this murder's cause.  

MeAndTommyLee
by Gold Member on Jun. 18, 2012 at 1:14 PM

I read them this morning.  His wife sounds like a `led pet'.  Did you notice how many times did he tell her he was, "proud of her."  He must be a `dream' to be married to.  He keeps her on `alarms'?  What an ass.

sweet-a-kins
by Emerald Member on Jun. 18, 2012 at 1:20 PM

His personality is that of an emotional abuser due to feelings of inferiority

I'm sure he picked a wife he could manipulate into obeying his every word...and the I'm a big bad important show....ride alongs w/ cops, neighborhood watch etc....

he is classic/textbook....

Quoting MeAndTommyLee:

I read them this morning.  His wife sounds like a `led pet'.  Did you notice how many times did he tell her he was, "proud of her."  He must be a `dream' to be married to.  He keeps her on `alarms'?  What an ass.

stormcris
by Christy on Jun. 18, 2012 at 1:23 PM

It seems to me he expects to go to prison.

MeAndTommyLee
by Gold Member on Jun. 18, 2012 at 1:26 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree.   Very disturbing.  I took notice that Angela Corey had the transcripts released.  Very smart idea IMO.  These conversations suggest a less-than ethical individual with control issues.  It's not such a stretch that he killed TM because he could not `control' the boy from walking through his neighborhood . 

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

His personality is that of an emotional abuser due to feelings of inferiority

I'm sure he picked a wife he could manipulate into obeying his every word...and the I'm a big bad important show....ride alongs w/ cops, neighborhood watch etc....

he is classic/textbook....

Quoting MeAndTommyLee:

shannonnigans
by Gold Member on Jun. 18, 2012 at 1:26 PM
3 moms liked this
This gets more delicious by the day
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Livinwith3boys
by on Jun. 18, 2012 at 1:35 PM

I don't see anything wrong here....I'd have said the same thing to my husband...bay the bills in case they freeze our assets!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured