Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

6 Year Old Undocumented Girl Arrested

Posted by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 10:36 AM
  • 12 Replies

http://www.slate.com/blogs/trending/2012/06/18/arizona_sheriff_arpaio_arrests_6_year_old_girl_on_suspicion_she_s_undocumented.html

For those who are against anyone being in the country illegally no matter the circumstances how do you feel about this? I believe this is wrong and I am against illegal immigration. BUT a 6 year old child cannot be held accountable for many of their actions, let alone, being here illegally. What do you think?

"Success is not Final, Failure is not Fatal; it is the Courage to Continue that Counts." -- Winston Churchill

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 10:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
IreneCarroll
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 10:38 AM
bump

nysa76
by Silver Member on Jun. 19, 2012 at 10:47 AM
1 mom liked this

Well, the article doesn't really give any more information this is written here.  If she was brought here illegally, she needs to go back home, as well as her parents (if that's who brought her here) or send the adults back and let her stay.  It would be nice for the girl if a loving family could adopt her or care for her while her parents go home.

I do not believe that children should suffer for the crimes of their parents.  Facts are that the children of all kinds of criminals suffer for their parents' choices.  It would be nice to find a way to make the adults suffer the consequences while shielding the kids as much as possible.  I wonder if a solution can be found along those lines.

IWannaLoveAgain
by Member on Jun. 19, 2012 at 11:18 AM

I think this dude is being a douche bag.

I have a close friend who is a Border Patrolman, and they are actually not nearly has heated and hateful toward to immigrants as the media puts out. 

meriana
by Platinum Member on Jun. 19, 2012 at 12:47 PM

The article doesn't give much information really. My first thought was, where are her parents or those who are supposed to be looking after her....why is there no information concerning someone claiming her. If she was with her family, they were all picked up and they are all illegal, then they all need to be sent home, if not, then one wonders if the adults in her life are perhaps willing to "sacrifice" her in order not to be caught themselves.

Refurbished
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 12:51 PM

She was part of a large group of illegal immigrants, and they picked up the entire group, including the child.  Her parents were in the group.  What else are they supposed to do?  Should they just let her parents go scott free because they had a child with them? 

kailu1835
by Ruby Member on Jun. 19, 2012 at 1:09 PM

He should have arrested her parents.  They are the ones who forced her to come here illegally, they should be the ones held accountable, and the entire family deported.

NiCo86
by Member on Jun. 19, 2012 at 1:28 PM

That's a hard one. Illegal and undocumented is still illegal; there is no age barrier. She is here with somebody who is NOT so young. They should be held accountabiltiy for the child's illegal status, but the child should still be deported back to her country (preferably with the people she came over with, assumings it's some type of adult guardian, and if it was a child selling/prostitution ring, then should be released back to her parents when they are located). I disagree with Obama's proclimation to allow children under 16 to become citizens if their parents can smuggle them in. We are trying to DISCOURAGE illegal immigration ... not build loop holes!

JazzyMommyx3
by Bronze Member on Jun. 19, 2012 at 1:31 PM
1 mom liked this
This mostly... she is here illegally and shes with adults... what you want to keep her away from her family in America and toss her in the system?
No its not her fault but shes still illegal.

Quoting NiCo86:

That's a hard one. Illegal and undocumented is still illegal; there is no age barrier. She is here with somebody who is NOT so young. They should be held accountabiltiy for the child's illegal status, but the child should still be deported back to her country (preferably with the people she came over with, assumings it's some type of adult guardian, and if it was a child selling/prostitution ring, then should be released back to her parents when they are located). I disagree with Obama's proclimation to allow children under 16 to become citizens if their parents can smuggle them in. We are trying to DISCOURAGE illegal immigration ... not build loop holes!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
_Kissy_
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 1:33 PM
We need to get rid of all borde on this planet. The Creator did not give us this planet to dictate. JMO
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NiCo86
by Member on Jun. 19, 2012 at 1:35 PM
Creator? You need to be able to separate religion and governance.

Quoting _Kissy_:

We need to get rid of all borde on this planet. The Creator did not give us this planet to dictate. JMO
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN