Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids Tracking watch

Posted by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 1:37 PM
  • 8 Replies

this new company is coming out with a kids watch for kids ranging mostly from ages 6-14 years old with watches with tracking decives on them where parents can monter from there smartphones. for kids who walk to school wtih there friends or play in the park alone. what are you thoughts? i think its great kidnapping is at an all time high this way i would feel a little better. im not saying parents should not watch there kids but this is a safety thing too. maybe for disneyland, malls, playground, zoo. etc.

by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 1:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
UpSheRises
by Platinum Member on Jun. 19, 2012 at 2:07 PM
1 mom liked this

Kidnapping isn't at an all time high.

TruthSeeker.
by Milami on Jun. 19, 2012 at 2:11 PM

Pretty cool. As a mother to two children on the Autism Spectrum this would have come in handy with my youngest on more than one occasion. We once lost him in the Childrens Museum when he was 2. It was the scarriest 10-15 minutes of my life.

jenin2
by New Member on Jun. 19, 2012 at 2:37 PM

how thats so scare i know the feeling i had something like that happen but at the mall ugh. i would get one for my son who always wants to play outside with his friends in the front yard.

wenchmommy381
by Wenchy on Jun. 19, 2012 at 3:02 PM
4 moms liked this

Quoting UpSheRises:

Agreed-- it's just reported on the mainstream media more often. And not even every time.

Might be a good idea for kids who wander. 

Knowledge is Power

Smart Chicks (a debate forum)
      www.cafemom.com/group/smartchicks2

andiemomo3
by Andie on Jun. 19, 2012 at 3:16 PM
1 mom liked this
I think these watches have been around for a while. I could be wrong. I was actually just talking with my stepmother about them. She was wondering exactly how GPS systems work.
TruthSeeker.
by Milami on Jun. 19, 2012 at 3:32 PM

Quoting wenchmommy381:

Quoting UpSheRises:

Agreed-- it's just reported on the mainstream media more often. And not even every time.

Might be a good idea for kids who wander. 

That was my thought. I'm not worried about kidnapping, especially with my oldest. They would bring her back in 5 minutes when they found out how much she talks. LOL

I do think it's a great idea for wanderers. They had a program here in my state through the fire station for wanderers like Autistic or Alzheimer's patients but you had to have a police report on that person before they were considered a wanderer risk. That kind of defeats the purpose when you are talking about a small child. The chances of mine wandering into a retention pond or getting hurt before found are astronomical around here.  So, I just turned my house into a fortress and slept with one eye open for 5 yrs:)

jenin2
by New Member on Jun. 19, 2012 at 3:52 PM

i think its a great idea because kids this days want to walk to school wiht there friends want to play in the park and you never no. i guess crime is not at an all time high but i would rather be safe then sorry you know. like that poor boy in new york  i think a few years back his parents let him walk home alone from camp or school i think and he was taken from a guy that lived in the same block i think (sorry to the family if im wrong in this story my mermory is so shot)

Tanya93
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 3:54 PM

Kidnapping is not at an all time high

We just have a 24 hour news cycle and the internet

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured