Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Father who beat to death man molesting his 5-year-old daughter will not be charged

Posted by   + Show Post

SHINER, Texas (AP) - Authorities say a Texas father who beat to death a man who tried molesting his 5-year-old daughter will not be charged.

Officials said the Lavaca County grand jury met Tuesday and declined to return an indictment against the father in the death of 47-year-old Jesus Mora Flores.

The attack happened on the family's ranch between the farming towns of Shiner and Yoakum. Investigators said the 23-year-old father ran toward his daughter's screams, pulled Flores off his child and beat him with his hands.

Emergency crews found Flores' pants and underwear pulled down on his lifeless body when they responded to the 911 call. The girl was taken to a hospital and examined.

Authorities say forensic evidence and witness accounts corroborated the father's story that his daughter was being sexually molested

Lavaca County District Attorney Heather McMinn and Sheriff Micah Harmon called a news conference a 3:30 p.m. Tuesday to discuss the beating death homicide that took place on June 9 near Shiner.

The news conference was in the commissioners courtroom of the Lavaca County Courthouse, 109 N. LaGrange St., in Hallettsville.

by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 5:17 PM
Replies (31-40):
SEEKEROFSHELLS
by Platinum Member on Jun. 19, 2012 at 6:27 PM

Ah, the Great State of Texas came through. I did not want that man charged, and I didn't see a ury convicting him either. Good, we didn't waste taxpayer money with bullshit.

SEEKEROFSHELLS
by Platinum Member on Jun. 19, 2012 at 6:29 PM

Woman in the Houston area need to get together. There are scads of CM members in the area of Houston. Dallas/ Fort Worth has a bunch of them too!

Quoting Willis_Mommie:

my ex did..he moved out in may....there isnt really any jobs there, the schools are all that great and everyone i ever ran into there was rude....i would never live down there....my husband would have no good work...i am north of conroe

Quoting pamelax3:

How long ago did you live in Halletsville? We live in Morales and are thinking about moving to Halletsville.

Quoting Willis_Mommie:

i had.nothing but problems there...Halletsville is horrible

Quoting Tanya93:

I've always had fun there.

Quoting Willis_Mommie:

cause that county is a hell hole...no offence to anyone that lives there

Quoting Tanya93:

Unless your son's father was molesting someone, how would this be a problem?

Quoting Willis_Mommie:

wow that was quick to get on cm...

so glad my sons father doesnt live in that county amymore

JoshRachelsMAMA
by JRM on Jun. 19, 2012 at 6:31 PM
3 moms liked this
Good. Glad justice is served. TWICE.

So much for a certain person's conspiracy theory.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
babie113
by Silver Member on Jun. 19, 2012 at 6:35 PM
1 mom liked this
Good I don't blame him. And I'm happy there is one less pedo in the world.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
raczac
by Member on Jun. 19, 2012 at 6:46 PM

That is awesome news.

Willis_Mommie
by Member on Jun. 19, 2012 at 7:21 PM
that would be amesome.....but right now i am in light bedrest cause these twins are kicking my butt andy youngest son gave me viral brongitis

Quoting SEEKEROFSHELLS:

Woman in the Houston area need to get together. There are scads of CM members in the area of Houston. Dallas/ Fort Worth has a bunch of them too!

Quoting Willis_Mommie:

my ex did..he moved out in may....there isnt really any jobs there, the schools are all that great and everyone i ever ran into there was rude....i would never live down there....my husband would have no good work...i am north of conroe

Quoting pamelax3:

How long ago did you live in Halletsville? We live in Morales and are thinking about moving to Halletsville.

Quoting Willis_Mommie:

i had.nothing but problems there...Halletsville is horrible

Quoting Tanya93:

I've always had fun there.

Quoting Willis_Mommie:

cause that county is a hell hole...no offence to anyone that lives there

Quoting Tanya93:

Unless your son's father was molesting someone, how would this be a problem?

Quoting Willis_Mommie:

wow that was quick to get on cm...

so glad my sons father doesnt live in that county amymore

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lga1965
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 7:51 PM

That is good news. I am not a fan of violence and killing but in this case,I am glad he beat the guy to death and that he won't be charged.

MommaLehr
by Member on Jun. 19, 2012 at 8:02 PM
2 moms liked this
Glad this dad won't have to go through trial and wasting taxpayer money, but so terribly sad for that little girl.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
illegallyblonde
by Lawyerupbeeches on Jun. 19, 2012 at 8:13 PM
Great news. Thanks for keeping us updated.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
yourspecialkid
by Platinum Member on Jun. 19, 2012 at 8:56 PM

I think it is great news.  I pray the family is able to heal quickly and go on with their lives.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN