Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

UM.... CAFE MOM, CE&HT SOLELY.............................................................

Posted by   + Show Post

WHY IS THE BLACK VOICE,THERE FOR THE BLACK EXPERENCE LARGELY IGNORED?

It is becoming painfully apparent that the few in OUR FORUM FOR MOTHERS who are black, and answer posts about the proverbial "black issues" facing society ie, anything from VIOLENCE to THE MINDSET OF RAISING CHILDREN AS SINGLE PARENTS falls on deaf ears,or discounted or met with hostility.

EXAMPLE: The recent post about the new black panthers. The Black voice here,mind you,we  are from all over the world,has been ignored or met with hostility because we explain how insignificant the bastard org. is in our communities.

EXAMPLE:The single Mother posts that's attributed to the black race. We respond that the stats are inherently flawed, and get told we just don't wish to accept it.But we live it.

EXAMPLE: The rate of black men,teens and to a lesser degree women being in jail,we respond to, and make posts to explain some of the dynamics and the phenomenons behind the stats and yes, GOOSE EGG! 

Now, this is not true about everyone in this group,probably the majority is not represented in this,but it has been so frequent(negative blacks posts) to where as I posted two posts to discuss it, actually one was to rant, but contrary to those that may have stared clear of the damn sista post, it was opened to ALL,the wording was deliberate.

How will open and HONEST discussion take place if people form cliques(I've seen some trip all over themselves to pat a like minded on the back)or refused to response to certain individuals because of bias(because of past attempts to debate with that person,and HARD feelings) and or arrogant attitudes?

By NO means do I consider myself to be hall monitor,these are personal observations and feelings,I am not trying to influence one's thoughts on the above stated, nor have you agree with me. If you don't get it or care what I typed, feel free to move on.

I am trying to ascertain the motivations of some,if you understand let's talk about it.

Why is this a perception(what I stated above) that some of us see,why is this forum filled with the same bull we encounter in everyday non cyber life?

The only way Evil can triumph is for good women to do nothing!

*REAL TALK*

by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 5:20 PM
Replies (201-210):
mommajen32
by Platinum Member on Jun. 19, 2012 at 11:11 PM
3 moms liked this

Serving Our Nation

2.4 million

Number of black military veterans in the United States in 2010. 

Education

82%

Among blacks 25 and older, the percentage with a high school diploma or higher in 2010. 

18%

Percentage of blacks 25 and older who had a bachelor's degree or higher in 2010. 

1.5 million

Among blacks 25 and older, the number who had an advanced degree in 2010.

2.9 million

Number of blacks enrolled in college in 2010, a 1.7 million increase since 1990.

Read more: African American Demographics, Population, Incomes, Veterans, Education, Voting — Infoplease.com http://www.infoplease.com/spot/bhmcensus1.html#ixzz1yIcoeJVS

charleyd68
by Platinum Member on Jun. 19, 2012 at 11:11 PM
1 mom liked this

*SIGH* I support the Micheal Vick that went to JAIL paid his debt and found a way to rebuild the life he torched! I support the Micheal Vick who was REHABILATATED and now teaches youngsters where he went wrong! I support the Quarterback of my birth city's football team ie,favorite TEAM. I support the Micheal Vick who hasn't re offended. I support the Micheal Vick who turned his life around. I support the Micheal Vick who holds up his head after making the heinous mistakes he saw and Learned in his youth in Virgina! That is all! I SUPPORT THE MATURE MICHEAL VICK,who with dignity accepted his punishment and COMPLETED IT! Now, that is ALL!

Quoting Aamy:

So OP by your avatar Pic you support Vick ?? A known animal abuser and criminal ?? 

*REAL TALK*

Euphoric
by Bazinga! on Jun. 19, 2012 at 11:12 PM
1 mom liked this
PARTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
charleyd68
by Platinum Member on Jun. 19, 2012 at 11:16 PM

SEE MY ANSWER, AND HEAR THIS,I DON'T GAVE A TINKERS DAMN WHAT ANYBODY THINKS.HE SCREWED UP LOST IT ALL WENT TO JAIL AND REEMERGED A BETTER MAN. Sure a concept some can't understand and I answered for the last time. See OUR black men go to jail,right so what you think sends them back!That alright I'll wait....................................

Quoting Radarma:

Quoting Aamy:

So OP by your avatar Pic you support Vick ?? A known animal abuser and criminal ?? 

Good question, let's see an answer!

*REAL TALK*

kailu1835
by Ruby Member on Jun. 19, 2012 at 11:16 PM
5 moms liked this

Keep it coming yourself.  I love to be challenged.  I don't know how much of me you've read in the past but I am currently still in rebellion against the upbringing I had, in which I was taught to hate specific groups, such as gays, or Muslims, or generally any people not in the church I grew up in.  I look for challenges to what I was taught, because I want to be proven wrong.  It opens up whole new worlds for me.  For instance, one of my neighbors is now one of my best friends, and the family is Muslim.  I've had SO MANY misconceptions thrown into the mud because I allowed myself to open up to the idea that maybe all Muslims aren't bad.  I try to apply that in every aspect of my life.  I am not always successful, but I try.

Quoting mommajen32:

Quoting kailu1835:

Where are the KKK supporters?  I'll kick 'em for you :D

I can't really answer to the rest of your post though.  I feel like I'm learning alot.

I want you to understand as hard as I come at you sometimes, please don't take offense. I want you to keep it coming, hell... make those years of 20+ page papers account for something!!  I respect your sharing, asserting and asking. 

babiesbabybaby development

futureshock
by Ruby Member on Jun. 19, 2012 at 11:18 PM

Quoting Shortiekt:

I just don't understand why anyone posts a 'why do black people _________ (fill in the blank)?'

They receive an answer, don't like it, then want to argue about it.

Well shit... What did you ask the question for?!

If the question is actually answered I cannot see any reason for argument.  However, if the premise of the question is debated, that is not answering the question.

kailu1835
by Ruby Member on Jun. 19, 2012 at 11:19 PM

Too bad.  That kind of idiocy needs to be outed!!

Quoting Shortiekt:

Kailu it's scary! There are many sympathizers, but I believe by terms of the board I can't just say their names. LOL

Quoting kailu1835:

Where are the KKK supporters?  I'll kick 'em for you :D

I can't really answer to the rest of your post though.  I feel like I'm learning alot.

babiesbabybaby development

charleyd68
by Platinum Member on Jun. 19, 2012 at 11:19 PM

ONLY BIGOTS SAY THAT! We questioned motives,you prove the bias! BYE,BYEhave a nice day

Quoting Radarma:

Oh brother, this is clearly a "poor us for being black post".

I am out.

*REAL TALK*

Della529
by Matlock on Jun. 19, 2012 at 11:19 PM

You dared say it!! 

Quoting charleyd68:

Or Dare I say it- - - - - -LoversshhLOL

Quoting Della529:

Ohhh, but doncha' know?  We're "azz kizzerz".

Quoting Happymamax2:

I am pretty horrified by some of the prejudice I've read on CM! At first I thought that some of these folks would listen to reason and come up with different conclusions re. racial issues. Then I realized that reason is lost on folks that have already made up their minds. Apparently some of these folks know everything there is to know about being black, even though they aren't!

I'm really sorry there are so many people willing to feed their own hate and preconceived notions about black people and other minorities. It sucks. But for all the assholes, there are also many thoughtful white folks who are just trying to learn.

Some days I read this stuff and it makes me so mad I get rude. Yesterday I told a woman she was vile! Now, she's not the type of woman to care... Lol. But that is when I know I need a break! Maybe in a few days I can read some of this stuff and not get so upset. We will see...

Radarma
by "OneDar" on Jun. 19, 2012 at 11:20 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting mommajen32:

Serving Our Nation

2.4 million

Number of black military veterans in the United States in 2010. 

Education

82%

Among blacks 25 and older, the percentage with a high school diploma or higher in 2010. 

18%

Percentage of blacks 25 and older who had a bachelor's degree or higher in 2010. 

1.5 million

Among blacks 25 and older, the number who had an advanced degree in 2010.

2.9 million

Number of blacks enrolled in college in 2010, a 1.7 million increase since 1990.

Read more: African American Demographics, Population, Incomes, Veterans, Education, Voting — Infoplease.com http://www.infoplease.com/spot/bhmcensus1.html#ixzz1yIcoeJVS

LOL! Oh but what about how ya'll "don't give a shit about stats!"

Funny how that works, ain't it kiddo?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN