Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

UM.... CAFE MOM, CE&HT SOLELY.............................................................

Posted by   + Show Post

WHY IS THE BLACK VOICE,THERE FOR THE BLACK EXPERENCE LARGELY IGNORED?

It is becoming painfully apparent that the few in OUR FORUM FOR MOTHERS who are black, and answer posts about the proverbial "black issues" facing society ie, anything from VIOLENCE to THE MINDSET OF RAISING CHILDREN AS SINGLE PARENTS falls on deaf ears,or discounted or met with hostility.

EXAMPLE: The recent post about the new black panthers. The Black voice here,mind you,we  are from all over the world,has been ignored or met with hostility because we explain how insignificant the bastard org. is in our communities.

EXAMPLE:The single Mother posts that's attributed to the black race. We respond that the stats are inherently flawed, and get told we just don't wish to accept it.But we live it.

EXAMPLE: The rate of black men,teens and to a lesser degree women being in jail,we respond to, and make posts to explain some of the dynamics and the phenomenons behind the stats and yes, GOOSE EGG! 

Now, this is not true about everyone in this group,probably the majority is not represented in this,but it has been so frequent(negative blacks posts) to where as I posted two posts to discuss it, actually one was to rant, but contrary to those that may have stared clear of the damn sista post, it was opened to ALL,the wording was deliberate.

How will open and HONEST discussion take place if people form cliques(I've seen some trip all over themselves to pat a like minded on the back)or refused to response to certain individuals because of bias(because of past attempts to debate with that person,and HARD feelings) and or arrogant attitudes?

By NO means do I consider myself to be hall monitor,these are personal observations and feelings,I am not trying to influence one's thoughts on the above stated, nor have you agree with me. If you don't get it or care what I typed, feel free to move on.

I am trying to ascertain the motivations of some,if you understand let's talk about it.

Why is this a perception(what I stated above) that some of us see,why is this forum filled with the same bull we encounter in everyday non cyber life?

The only way Evil can triumph is for good women to do nothing!

*REAL TALK*

by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 5:20 PM
Replies (521-530):
charleyd68
by Platinum Member on Jun. 21, 2012 at 7:10 PM

You do realize that if there are white racist,there have to be black ones. *eyeroll* Other minorities don't matter,just the black ones. And FTR,I've seen heated words and called JJ on somethings to gain some understanding,but I am with you,I haven't seen overt black on white racism. But I know there are black Racist that spew as much garbage as any race racist!

Quoting Shortiekt:

Can you please reference some instances. I'm not saying black people can't be racist.. I'm saying I haven't seen it on this board.

What racist comments have you seen?

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

I did not expect you would.

Quoting Shortiekt:

Of the 10 or so black moms in CEHT.. I haven't seen any who are blatant racist. I have seen some who dislike other moms, but not because of race.

By all means please direct me to some instances.

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

So you do not think there is racism both ways on this board? Sorry, but I disagree.

Quoting Shortiekt:

I was speaking solely in reference to this board.

I am well aware there are racist of every background.

Quoting opinionatedmom:

Quoting Shortiekt:

I'm still wondering how EVERY black member of this group has denounced the actions of the NBPP, yet there are supports/sympathizers to the KKK and I keep hearing about blacks being racist against whites! 

racism works all ways. blacks to whites, whites to blacks, blacks to mexicans, mexicans to blacks, whites to mexicans and mexicans to whites. it is really sad when one race has to give up a friend because their parent is racist against the race of the friend. and these were grade school kids who were color blind.  in my opinion this keeps racism alive. the one child told that we don't hang around with that race is being bred to be a racist. and the child who doesn't understand why they lost their friend over skin color could easily turn racist.

*REAL TALK*

charleyd68
by Platinum Member on Jun. 21, 2012 at 7:26 PM

ditto

Quoting Shortiekt:

Can you please reference some instances. I'm not saying black people can't be racist.. I'm saying I haven't seen it on this board.

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

Quoting Shortiekt:

Of the 10 or so black moms in CEHT.. I haven't seen any who are blatant racist. I have seen some who dislike other moms, but not because of race.

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

So you do not think there is racism both ways on this board? Sorry, but I disagree.

Quoting Shortiekt:

Quoting opinionatedmom:

Quoting Shortiekt:

I'm still wondering how EVERY black member of this group has denounced the actions of the NBPP, yet there are supports/sympathizers to the KKK and I keep hearing about blacks being racist against whites! 

racism works all ways. blacks to whites, whites to blacks, blacks to mexicans, mexicans to blacks, whites to mexicans and mexicans to whites. it is really sad when one race has to give up a friend because their parent is racist against the race of the friend. and these were grade school kids who were color blind.  in my opinion this keeps racism alive. the one child told that we don't hang around with that race is being bred to be a racist. and the child who doesn't understand why they lost their friend over skin color could easily turn racist.

*REAL TALK*

charleyd68
by Platinum Member on Jun. 21, 2012 at 8:49 PM

BUMP!Sorry Ladies I am having Internet issues. I Look forward to reading the rest of the replies and I will try to answer you all. Over all I respect you' all whether we agree or not. Differing views and experiences are welcomed,applauded actually, we share a common bond as Mothers and women, and should never be put into a box. We are individuals and can learn a lot if we're being courteous and honest!.

*REAL TALK*

charleyd68
by Platinum Member on Jun. 22, 2012 at 4:40 AM
1 mom liked this

I call the mob around here..........................MY SONS. They are not into beating people,they were raised better. In my Town Home community they are called to help,moving things,taking out the trash,walking dogs,baby sitting and spending time with our elderly wheelchair bound neighbor. Yet if they have on certain colors, or are out side at dusk,or standing outside talking,the police stop them,pat the down and want to know what their doing in their court yard? And some people with ONE thing in common KWIM, calls to report drug deals. Two are in college and two in high and middle school. So yeah.................................

Quoting Shortiekt:

I saw some walking to my moms subdivisions pool.

Quoting charleyd68:

I  have, they came into my HOUSE!

Quoting Shortiekt:

PSA: Black people are bad... Mmkay

Thanks Dar

See any black youth mobs today?

*REAL TALK*

charleyd68
by Platinum Member on Jun. 22, 2012 at 4:44 AM
1 mom liked this

That's why the stats are incomplete!

Quoting Shortiekt:

What's the answer to problems that ail all of America?

Yes there are problems in black neighborhoods, just as there are problems in white, Hispanic, Asian, and so on.

The answer to ail problems in the black community is time. I've said this time and time again... America is the mother, white Americans are in their adulthood, black America is in it's infancy, and racism is the stepfather that held black Americans back instead of allowing us to mature in all aspects ie. literacy and wealth.

The answer is just time... Each generation does better than the last.

Also what you recognize as a problem may just be a misunderstanding ie. Single motherhood.

Quoting Radarma:

Quoting MyJaidon:

Quoting Radarma:

But why is it that when you get an answer, even when thoughtful and eloquent while making perfect sense, you insult the person who took the time out to give you a thoughtful answer because it doesnt go along with what you want to believe, then when they snap back at you, they are the "angry black woman". You do it all the time, no need in denying it.

Why ask questions to the moms here when you won't believe whatever they say? You have plenty of Black friends so you say, so ask them since according to you they are real and we are chicken shit (lmao). Or is it just more fun to stir the pot here???

Because the answers are WHAT KEEP THE PERPETUATION ROLLING!

"Poverty/oppression/hopelessness".

Never is it, "well, we need to work harder on that, ourselves..." Nope, ALWAYS something external to the culture pinned as the cause.

Look, I have no time to get into this with you today. If you thought I was a hopeless cause, you would not post to me, and for that, I do sincerely thank you.

Gotta stand and deliver o'er here.

C-Ya

*REAL TALK*

charleyd68
by Platinum Member on Jun. 22, 2012 at 4:51 AM

I am sure there are racist black Ladies here. I personal never saw anything worse then JJ and she is just pro black. Not to the exclusion of other races. That is normal everyone is protective of their race. They nor anybody else should derail a post trying to make things less tense. We need to talk about the issues,just in a  respectful,polite and honest way.

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

Thete are two very racist women on these boards, although one was kicked out of this particular board, i believe, a whike back. As I said, I do not expect you to agree they are racists. The one still ocxasionally here has not posted, that i have seen, in a bit and I am on mobile so not able to easily dig back to find her posts. There is also one bw who I believe race baits. But again, i do not expect you would agree.

Quoting Shortiekt:

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

Quoting Shortiekt:

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

Quoting Shortiekt:

Quoting opinionatedmom:

Quoting Shortiekt:

*REAL TALK*

Meire
by Bronze Member on Jun. 22, 2012 at 11:50 AM

BUMP!

Meire
by Bronze Member on Jun. 22, 2012 at 11:51 AM
1 mom liked this

Sometimes, some of these posts just leave me speechless!  

LoveMyBoyK
by Ruby Member on Jun. 22, 2012 at 5:29 PM
JJ is not who i was referring to as racist.

Quoting charleyd68:

I am sure there are racist black Ladies here. I personal never saw anything worse then JJ and she is just pro black. Not to the exclusion of other races. That is normal everyone is protective of their race. They nor anybody else should derail a post trying to make things less tense. We need to talk about the issues,just in a  respectful,polite and honest way.

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

Thete are two very racist women on these boards, although one was kicked out of this particular board, i believe, a whike back. As I said, I do not expect you to agree they are racists. The one still ocxasionally here has not posted, that i have seen, in a bit and I am on mobile so not able to easily dig back to find her posts. There is also one bw who I believe race baits. But again, i do not expect you would agree.

Quoting Shortiekt:

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

Quoting Shortiekt:

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

Quoting Shortiekt:

Quoting opinionatedmom:

Quoting Shortiekt:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
charleyd68
by Platinum Member on Jun. 26, 2012 at 5:58 PM

All of these problems are rooted in segregation. As long as the problems are labeled,ie,Black,White,Hispanic,etc. They well continue . As Humans we need to accept responsibility and help as a nation,not as races!

Quoting Shortiekt:

What's the answer to problems that ail all of America?

Yes there are problems in black neighborhoods, just as there are problems in white, Hispanic, Asian, and so on.

The answer to ail problems in the black community is time. I've said this time and time again... America is the mother, white Americans are in their adulthood, black America is in it's infancy, and racism is the stepfather that held black Americans back instead of allowing us to mature in all aspects ie. literacy and wealth.

The answer is just time... Each generation does better than the last.

Also what you recognize as a problem may just be a misunderstanding ie. Single motherhood.

Quoting Radarma:

Quoting MyJaidon:

Quoting Radarma:

But why is it that when you get an answer, even when thoughtful and eloquent while making perfect sense, you insult the person who took the time out to give you a thoughtful answer because it doesnt go along with what you want to believe, then when they snap back at you, they are the "angry black woman". You do it all the time, no need in denying it.

Why ask questions to the moms here when you won't believe whatever they say? You have plenty of Black friends so you say, so ask them since according to you they are real and we are chicken shit (lmao). Or is it just more fun to stir the pot here???

Because the answers are WHAT KEEP THE PERPETUATION ROLLING!

"Poverty/oppression/hopelessness".

Never is it, "well, we need to work harder on that, ourselves..." Nope, ALWAYS something external to the culture pinned as the cause.

Look, I have no time to get into this with you today. If you thought I was a hopeless cause, you would not post to me, and for that, I do sincerely thank you.

Gotta stand and deliver o'er here.

C-Ya

*REAL TALK*

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)