Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Moms Matter 2012 Road Trip: We Want to Talk to Moms in OH, PA and FL!

Posted by   + Show Post

The election is just a few months away, but many moms are still undecided about who they'll vote for. Which is why we're heading to the swing states of Pennsylvania, Ohio and Florida to talk to moms like you about the issues that matter - and how those issues will affect their choice on Election Day. Do YOU live in one of these states?

Here's what Lindsay Farrier - our CafeMom Election Correspondent - is looking for:

Quote:

With so many of you taking to the highways for summer vacation, we figured this is a perfect time for a MOMS MATTER 2012 road trip! That's right, ladies. I'm going to be taking a crew out on the road to find out which issues matter most to you.

And if you live in Florida, Ohio, or Pennsylvania, we want to meet and talk with you!

We will be driving through Ohio and Pennsylvania the week of July 9 through 12, covering issues like unemployment, the pros and cons of fracking, the effects of the economy on America's small towns, and the toll our faltering economy is taking on public education. We're also particularly interested in talking to moms who are undecided in the November election.

If you live in or around Pittsburgh, Steubenville, OH, Reading, PA, or Philadelphia and one of these issues resonates with you, we'd love to hear from you.

The next week, July 17-20, we'll be traveling through Florida, focusing on military moms, Latina voters, immigration reform, Florida's voter registration law, and the effect of the economy and gas prices on tourism. Once again, we'll also be looking for moms who are undecided in the upcoming election.

If you live in or around Pensacola, Tallahassee, Tampa, or Orlando and one of these issues is near and dear to your heart, please contact us! We want to talk to you!

This is your chance to make your voice heard far and wide, moms. You can contact Lindsay directly at lferrier@cafemom.com.

by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 8:57 AM
Replies (11-20):
isell_avon
by Member on Jun. 20, 2012 at 10:24 AM

I live close to Philly ! 

august_baby_09
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 11:10 AM

i live in pa but no where near any of those cities.

BaBeezandMe
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 11:19 AM

I am in Philadelphia and my main concern is the imminent demise of our public schools!

Kris_PBG
by Member on Jun. 20, 2012 at 11:36 AM
FL here and my primary issue is public education. At this point, that issue is how I determine all voting.
la_bella_vita
by Bella on Jun. 20, 2012 at 11:40 AM

I used to live in PA.

Luv.My.Kidz
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 11:47 AM

Ohio here! Cleveland area though.

Mom2Addison12
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 11:53 AM

i live in PA, and i'm not registered to vote, nor do i want to vote...because my vote doesn't really even count to be honest.

who ever wins, needs to work on getting this country out of debt, and fixing our welfare system.

ladyluke2007
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 12:47 PM

I LIVED in Newark, Ohio and recently move because of the joblessness.  I was either "over qualified" or "not right for the job".  I hated the school system there so I had my kids on line schooling.  I loved it and they did well with it.  I don't know if I had a right to post because I don't lived there now.  But in the 10 to 12 years that I lived there, this is what I seen.....and I just moved in the last 6 months.

ladyluke2007
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 12:50 PM

Quoting MissyB2275:

Quoting kirstina:

I am in Ohio and the most important issue to me is immergation.

I hear ya I'm in Ohio too & the most important issues for me is healthcare & immigration......

Yeah, I think that I have to agree with both of you but would like to add the education to it.

fatcat0908
by Bronze Member on Jun. 20, 2012 at 1:43 PM

I am in PA and the top issue for me is unemployment and financial recovery on the national level. On the state level the main issue for me is regulation on fracking and keeping our air and water safe (along with other safety issues concerning fracking).  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)