Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ARIZ. RADIO HOST CALLS OBAMA A ‘MONKEY’ AND STANDS BY IT

Posted by   + Show Post

ARIZ. RADIO HOST CALLS OBAMA A ‘MONKEY’ AND STANDS BY IT

Barbara Espinosa Obama monkey

Radio host Barbara Espinosa (Image source: Facebook)

An Arizona radio host has stood by her recent comments referring to President Barack Obama as a “monkey” and saying she “voted for the white guy.”

Barbara Espinosa, host of “Hair on Fire” on KFNX in Phoenix, made the comments earlier this month to a caller who had just referred to Obama as “rabbit ears.”

“I don‘t call him ’guy with rabbit ears,’ I call him a monkey,” Espinosa said, according to audio posted online. “I don’t believe in calling him the first black president. I voted for the white guy myself.”

According to Mediaite, Espinosa stood by the comments in a post on her blog — a page that has since been deleted:

To set the record straight I did use the word monkey and Obama in the same sentence. Yes I did say I voted for the white guy. Unless there has been a takeover of America and free speech is no longer allowed and I can be put to death for making a remark, I refuse to take the fifth.

Espinosa also addressed her words in an unrelated post on the conservative Arizona blog siteSonoran Alliance, saying her comments were inspired by a cartoon depicting the president as a monkey. She also said that because of her last name, she is “anything but racist.”

The comment was prompted by the google image cartoon that was sent to me.[link]
With a last name of Espinosa I’m anything but racist. You are not on a playbill you are posting comments about a political article. Use a stage name for the stage and your given name every place else. I don’t agree Veritas on much but I agree on “The Klute”

Listen to Espinosa’s original comments below:

by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 12:16 PM
Replies (31-40):
Stephanie329
by Platinum Member on Jun. 20, 2012 at 5:03 PM
1 mom liked this
Lmao!

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

Don't blame the VAGINA for being attached to that racist douche' bag!

She is a NUTTER BUTTER for sure....I am far from racist....um, really? I hope she gets smacked with a fish

Quoting Sekirei:

what a racist vagina!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
autodidact
by Platinum Member on Jun. 20, 2012 at 5:09 PM
1 mom liked this

dipshit. we're not monkeys, we're apes. 

autodidact
by Platinum Member on Jun. 20, 2012 at 5:15 PM
5 moms liked this

I'm confused why her european last name exonerates her of any and all possible charges of racism. 

shannonnigans
by Gold Member on Jun. 20, 2012 at 5:23 PM
No history of racism there......just ask any black soccer player.

Quoting autodidact:

I'm confused why her european last name exonerates her of any and all possible charges of racism. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LauraKW
by "Dude!" on Jun. 20, 2012 at 5:25 PM
1 mom liked this

And we have the right to say she is an asshole.

Quoting pamelax3:

Ok!! She has the right to say what she wants...

TigOlBitties
by Bronze Member on Jun. 20, 2012 at 5:37 PM
6 moms liked this

I found her animal counterpart!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
m3lissa_16
by Silver Member on Jun. 20, 2012 at 6:07 PM

Dumb woman. Sheesh.

jessilin0113
by Platinum Member on Jun. 20, 2012 at 6:10 PM
I don't think anybody is suggesting she lose her freedom of speech. Everybody here is just exercising theirs.

Quoting MeAndTommyLee:

Appalled, dismayed and totally uncalled for.  However, she has the right to freedom of speech just as we have the right to disagree with her. We have to defend ALL rights and not cherry pick them based upon our own feelings or we compromise our own.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GrannyAA
by Member on Jun. 20, 2012 at 6:24 PM
Quoting viv212:

But she'll be shut down if she says "vagina". Oh no she won't, she's a republican.

And she's not from Michigan . Lol
tambrathegreat
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 6:29 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes, because she married a hispanic, she obviously can't be a card-carrying racist.  What a douche nozzle.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured