Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Middle school students bully bus monitor (an old lady!) - and it's all on video.

Posted by   + Show Post

This is going around Facebook now - has anyone else seen it?

I first saw the "Lets Give Karen -The bus monitor-  A Vacation!" fundraiser link, and then the news story itself. It happened in upstate New York.

Quote:

Greece Police are deciding if a group of Greece Athena Middle school students will be charged after cell phone video shows a group of kids on a school bus bullying and threatening a school bus monitor.

You can see some students on camera and hear others off camera taunting the woman about her weight.

The students also talk about threatening to go over to the bus monitor's house and steal from her.

13WHAM's Patrice Walsh spoke with Karen Wednesday afternoon.  Klein said the comment that hurt the most was when the kids said "you're so ugly your kid should kill themselves." Her son took his life 10 years ago.

I am, frankly, shocked after watching the video. How do kids end up like this?? I cried reading that last paragraph of the news story.

Did you watch the video? What do you think?

by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 3:22 PM
Replies (151-160):
ARmomOf3
by on Jun. 21, 2012 at 8:49 AM

Sadly, middle school kids are in fact the worst when it comes to bullying. I was a victim of vicious bullying like this. I don't know how kids end up like this, but a lot of the time it cools down by highschool. If my kids ever pull that shit it'll be the last thing "fun" they will ever do!

iamcafemom83
by Bronze Member on Jun. 21, 2012 at 9:23 AM
I couldn't even watch it all. I would be beyond mortified if that was my child. I think whomever started a vacation fund for Karen Klein is sweet.
gizzo
by on Jun. 21, 2012 at 9:38 AM

this is horrible. they should be outed and face the shame of their actions along with their family.

nannycare
by on Jun. 21, 2012 at 9:38 AM

I won't watch the video (it feels like an endorsement to me).Yes. These kids should be charged! The same could be said for their parents. Their actions were so ugly (which goes to their core) that their parents (hopefully) feel some sence of shame and regret. As one who is involved w/young people every day, we would go to her house and do exactly the opposite: we woulld help her garden, wash her car, clean her house for about a year. I doubt if she wants these kidsa anywhere near her home though (can't blame her).

angelmom224
by on Jun. 21, 2012 at 9:39 AM

That is sad. I seriously dont know how parents can live with themselves knowing that their child acts like this. My daughter was being bullied by a kid in her class last yr and from the stories she told me the kid had no respect for the teacher either. Turns out he had a twin who was just as bad. I think the parents lived in the school with all the conferences they had them in. Even one time that I talked to the Admin. about the one he said the mom was coming in the next day about the other. This was in a 1st gr class too it is amazing how young they are when they do this stuff. 

BrookesMommy824
by on Jun. 21, 2012 at 9:43 AM

i could only watch 1:45 of the view i read what u read and started crying. those kids were awful and i truely hope something is done to them. i cant believe people can be so cruel and not feel bad about it

Rose87
by Bronze Member on Jun. 21, 2012 at 9:51 AM

Almost at 149k!!!!

LntLckrsCmQut
by on Jun. 21, 2012 at 10:17 AM
2 moms liked this

I heard this story on the radio and I have to say..... I am fully against hitting a child but I could let this one time slide, if someone wants to physically knock those little shit heads across the room. It sucks that kids know that they can get away with this sort of thing, because schools are afraid to do anything to them, in fear of backlash from their parents. Had that happened when I rode the bus in school, those kids would have had their asses kicked off the bus for the rest of the year. I fear what life will be like when the kids of today become adults.

This is also one of the main reasons my kids will never step foot on a bus.

LntLckrsCmQut
by on Jun. 21, 2012 at 10:26 AM

What does God have to do with this?

Quoting MeAndTommyLee:

That's because respect, morality and belief in God is in a serious decline.  It's a free-for-all because that is what happens when parents stop disciplining their children or simply ignore it.

Quoting Sillybillymel:

I used to work on a bus as a monitor. Most kids arent disrespectful. There are maybe 10% that are so bad it is insane. And the schools are very strict on what you can say and do and kids get away with murder, and they know it.

vixen42
by on Jun. 21, 2012 at 10:29 AM

I  saw it and it was sad,these kids should be kicked off the bus.also this lady needs some training in disciplining these kids

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)