Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Dad Who Killed Daughter's Molester Isn't a Threat to Society - How do you feel about the way this whole case was handled?

Posted by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 6:09 PM
  • 37 Replies

Dad Who Killed Daughter's Molester Isn't a Threat to Society

Posted by Jeanne Sager on June 20, 2012 

gavelIt's official. The Texas dad who killed the man he found molesting his daughter will not face charges. But this is not a simple case of "bad pedophile needed to die," folks.

The death of Jesus Mora Flores was treated appropriately by law enforcement in Texas. It prompted an official homicide investigation. And chilling new details released on the case show the real reason the 23-year-old father (whose name is still being withheld to protect his poor daughter's identity as a sexual abuse victim) is getting off has more to do with how he acted than how much Flores' life is worth.

That's an important distinction. The death of a man is not something we can take lightly, even if he was a sick, depraved individual who cops say preyed on a little girl. We can't, as a society, just go around killing off the people we think are "bad." It would be like a return to the Wild West, and the police wouldn't be able to keep up with it all. Every killing would still require an investigation, and the definition of who really was "bad enough" would be more or less impossible to develop.

Which is why I can't help stressing over and over and over again that this isn't what the poor dad in Texas did. He didn't seek out a pedophile. He stumbled upon him, in the act, and tried to defend his child.

That's distinction number one.

Number two? The dad showed remorse for beating his daughter's molester, and we've now learned that he literally tried to save the man's life. The Texas dad call 911 and begged them to send an ambulance. He even offered to drive the guy to a hospital himself!

Pretty clear that the dad wasn't a vigilante or a cold-blood killer, right? That's why it's OK that he's on the streets today. Not because he is some great man for taking out a pedophile, but because he isn't a threat to society at large.

Now let's hope he and his daughter both get some good counseling and find a way to put this horrific ordeal behind them.

How do you feel about the way this whole case was handled by the authorities in Texas?

by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 6:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
EireLass
by Ruby Member on Jun. 20, 2012 at 6:15 PM
1 mom liked this

I am happy with the turn-out. I think he acted swift, he did the right thing (my opinion). I think he showed remorse, and he was probably honest with that (or he told a nice story). I think because no time had gone by between abuse/fight/death there really wasn't much to question, as in other cases. There was no time to do the 'what if'. There was obviously no premeditation.

mommyakabooby
by Member on Jun. 20, 2012 at 6:19 PM
1 mom liked this
I think it was handled appropriately. I just saw it the same as self defense. He had to protect his daughter.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tambrathegreat
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 6:35 PM
2 moms liked this

There is a provision in the law for acting in defense of someone.  The case was handled as it should have been.  I hope the family does get some counseling. It is sorely needed.

Tanya93
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 6:36 PM
Woohoo Texas!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Happymamax2
by Silver Member on Jun. 20, 2012 at 9:45 PM
I'm hoping that there was a proper investigation, and not just some mentality that the guy deserved it.... It seems like a brutal crime to beat someone to death.. I don't know exactly what he saw, or what he thought he saw, This man doing to his daughter, but murder is murder.

I'm shocked so many people blindly believe this mans version of events. The child must have backed up what her dad said, so I guess it's case closed.

From what I gather the murder victim was from Mexico. I'm wondering if that had anything to do with the fact that this mans life was taken without much thought....
Paperfishies
by Silver Member on Jun. 20, 2012 at 9:48 PM
2 moms liked this
Obviously the little girl was taken to a hospital and evaluated and the medical evaluation supported sexual assault.

This man deserved to be to beaten to death.

Pedophiles should be publicly executed.

Quoting Happymamax2:

I'm hoping that there was a proper investigation, and not just some mentality that the guy deserved it.... It seems like a brutal crime to beat someone to death.. I don't know exactly what he saw, or what he thought he saw, This man doing to his daughter, but murder is murder.

I'm shocked so many people blindly believe this mans version of events. The child must have backed up what her dad said, so I guess it's case closed.

From what I gather the murder victim was from Mexico. I'm wondering if that had anything to do with the fact that this mans life was taken without much thought....

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BellaRose17
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 9:52 PM
He actually saw the guy in the act of raping his daughter. The sicko died with his pants around his knees.

Quoting Happymamax2:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Happymamax2
by Silver Member on Jun. 20, 2012 at 9:55 PM
1 mom liked this
Quoting BellaRose17:

Okay. AWFUL. I wasn't sure just how it all went down and what he saw.... I can see blind rage in that moment.
IreneCarroll
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 9:56 PM
Woohoo Texas!

i.heart.nerds
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 9:58 PM
I am so glad he isn't going to jail.
In his shoes, well I don't know if I would do anything differently.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN