Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

More than $120K raised for bullied bus monitor

Posted by on Jun. 21, 2012 at 11:35 AM
  • 59 Replies

These children were horrible to this poor bus moniter, no doubt. But since when does being bullied mean you get a 120,000 dollar vacation? I feel for this woman I really do. The story is very sad, but really?

http://www.9wsyr.com/news/local/story/More-than-120K-raised-for-bullied-bus-monitor/E_mbUUj_SUeuXyFTOxwGhg.cspx

by on Jun. 21, 2012 at 11:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
krysstizzle
by DeepThought on Jun. 21, 2012 at 11:40 AM
6 moms liked this
Are you really griping about it?
People felt moved to donate, so they did. People get a lot more money than that, for reasons that make even less "sense", every day.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rjsmommy214
by Member on Jun. 21, 2012 at 11:48 AM

Obviously I am griping about it

Quoting krysstizzle:

People felt moved to donate, so they did. People get a lot more money than that, for reasons that make even less "sense", every day.

MeAndTommyLee
by Gold Member on Jun. 21, 2012 at 11:54 AM
7 moms liked this

Perhaps the donations can assist her with her retirement.  I'd want off that bus!  This woman is 68 years old.

stormcris
by Christy on Jun. 21, 2012 at 6:34 PM
1 mom liked this

Hmmm I think that if people want to give money to someone there should be no issue.

Tanya93
by on Jun. 21, 2012 at 6:35 PM
1 mom liked this

Why?   How is money being donated a problem?

Quoting rjsmommy214:

Obviously I am griping about it

Quoting krysstizzle:

ballerina.2006
by on Jun. 21, 2012 at 6:41 PM
She could be suing and askin for a lot more than the money that was donated. People felt compelled to help her and they did, so what?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ambermarie2006
by Member on Jun. 21, 2012 at 6:43 PM
1 mom liked this

She can retire on that money, I doubt she takes a vacation with all of it. The initial goal was only $5,000, I doubt they thought it would get this high.

illegallyblonde
by Lawyerupbeeches on Jun. 21, 2012 at 6:45 PM
Good for her!

Hmmm. I wonder where her dream vacation will take her.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
party_of_5
by Member on Jun. 21, 2012 at 6:48 PM

My heart breaks for her. What they did was uncalled for. She is obviously working to make ends meet. Now maybe she can retire & live a happy life as possible.       On another note- I would beat my child's butt. You don't disrespect people in anyway.       

mommyof2soon29
by Member on Jun. 21, 2012 at 6:48 PM
6 moms liked this

Its not your money that was donated, get over it. I feel the lady deserves a nice vacation. Did you make a big deal about the people who donated to the scumbag George Zimmerman? Im pretty sure you didnt. Oh and by the way the amount is now well over $200K :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)