Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Polygamy Question...(for Statistics Class)

Posted by on Jun. 21, 2012 at 2:56 PM
  • 14 Replies

Poll

Question: Do you accept Polygamy?

Options:

Yes

No

No Opinion

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 38

View Results

This is for my final week of math class and I need a sampling group to let me know about if they accept polygamy or not. I've asked a couple of my friends and they did not know what polygamy is, so I'm going to give a quick description...

Polygamy is like the show Sister Wives that has recently been in the media, it is where you have multiple wives or husbands.

This isn't so much about the religion or the history that goes behind it, but just about the multiple spouses, thanks for any help!

Kristen
I'm not accident prone, inanimate objects just like to pick on me. I swear they know where to hide before they attack!

Why don't you...
All*URZ Designs on FaceBook and read up on All*URZ Party Planning 101

by on Jun. 21, 2012 at 2:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lilydoyle
by on Jun. 21, 2012 at 3:05 PM

I don't care what other people do; it's not for me, though!

Come see what we're about! http://www.cafemom.com/group/117410

lindilouwho82
by on Jun. 21, 2012 at 3:08 PM
1 mom liked this

How others see fit to live their lives is none of my business, do I scratch my head and wonder why it is they do what they do? Yes. But that can go both ways and I would hate for someone to intervene in the way I live my life and how I raise my family just because their morals did not coincide with mine.

pittawadda
by Bronze Member on Jun. 21, 2012 at 3:10 PM

So you basic question....do i accept it? I guess I do. I won't stop otehrs from doing it.

Technically I don't accept it. I am tolerant of it.

jlo1313
by Silver Member on Jun. 21, 2012 at 3:11 PM
1 mom liked this

I need a sister wife, I am friggin TIRED of cooking!  My only requirements is that she be semi-hot and able to cook and doesn't leave the toilet seat up and can take the trash out sometimes.  I don't think I am asking too much....

ajn80
by on Jun. 21, 2012 at 3:14 PM

LOL @ jlo1313

TruthSeeker.
by Milami on Jun. 21, 2012 at 3:16 PM

Do I accept it? As in do I think there should be laws making it legal? Do I think it's morally acceptable? Do I accept it as a kind of relationship I support or would be a part of?

TruthSeeker.
by Milami on Jun. 21, 2012 at 3:17 PM

Quoting jlo1313:

I need a sister wife, I am friggin TIRED of cooking!  My only requirements is that she be semi-hot and able to cook and doesn't leave the toilet seat up and can take the trash out sometimes.  I don't think I am asking too much....

So what you really want is a maid? Me too!

jlo1313
by Silver Member on Jun. 21, 2012 at 3:20 PM

LOL, a few years ago I would have said no, I could use the bed to myself all but one night a week and to be dismissed from wifely duties - but I rather enjoy that with my SO now!

Quoting TruthSeeker.:

Quoting jlo1313:

So what you really want is a maid? Me too!

stormcris
by Christy on Jun. 21, 2012 at 3:20 PM
1 mom liked this

Could you please clarify accept? 

anxiousschk
by anxiouss on Jun. 21, 2012 at 3:23 PM
1 mom liked this

I completely support consensual adults who choose to participate in a multiple marriage situation.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)